2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just got finished recording the pod. It’s very Pg for the first 19 episodes. Episode 20 will have an explicit tag on it. It’s full on surly venting of the spleen for the first 10 or 15 minutes. If you haven’t listened before and want to hear someone barely able to hold onto a thin reed of sanity check it out. 
Thanks in advance. I’m going to go stick my head in the oven right now. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Well, we recorded this one after the 8th inning of the game last night and I came in a little bit on Dusty and MM with a bit of a rant. Also, talked about Altuve brilliance and possible extensions, singleton, France/Brown and the rotation going forward and closing thoughts on Ohtani. Listen, share and enjoy

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0ypz4WGb7yWS5sCDdwpOR4?si=68tqURTXRsCy17mvG6p0XQ

Apple:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...n-astros-podcast/id1683955456?i=1000624468297

Amazon:
https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8...se-altuve?ref=dm_sh_Q5xVxG6NVhLkb9AucfjgWA0a1

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well, we recorded this one after the 8th inning of the game last night and I came in a little bit on Dusty and MM with a bit of a rant. Also, talked about Altuve brilliance and possible extensions, singleton, France/Brown and the rotation going forward and closing thoughts on Ohtani. Listen, share and enjoy

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0ypz4WGb7yWS5sCDdwpOR4?si=68tqURTXRsCy17mvG6p0XQ

Apple:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...n-astros-podcast/id1683955456?i=1000624468297

Amazon:
https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8...se-altuve?ref=dm_sh_Q5xVxG6NVhLkb9AucfjgWA0a1

That was a damn fine rant.  In previous seasons, I’ve been OK with Dusty sticking with St. Maldy because we didn’t have a distinctly better option at catcher.   Completely different story this year.  It really is indefensible.  You may have a slight pitchers’ revolt, but they’d get over it quickly if their catcher kept putting up a 1.000+ OPS while not leading the league in PBs.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.9590022e9888309de477cb7668a86b00.jpeg
I’m sure @Wulaw Horn can come up with a host of other stats that also reinforces how indefensible Dusty is being with the C position. When does Dana Brown put an end to this farce and step in and demand more playing time for Diaz? He needs to flex his power and put an end to this insanity. There is no way Luhnow would have put up this shit as long as Dana if he stepped in to this situation today. Luhnow never would have hired a moron like Dusty who has nothing but contempt for Luhnow’s analytic genius.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.9590022e9888309de477cb7668a86b00.jpeg
I’m sure [mention=5267]Wulaw Horn[/mention]  When does Dana Brown put an end to this farce and step in and demand more playing time for Diaz? He needs to flex his power and put an end to this insanity. There is no way Luhnow would have put up this shit as long as Dana if he stepped in to this situation today.

I mean i said this 3 months ago and got reamed here because "what do you expect him to do???"

Like I said then....his job
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I give Dana a pass on Maldonado for this year. I’m certain that Dusty has been provided all the data. They are choosing to start Maldy to avoid the hurt feelings on the starting staff and I’m certain Dusty believes he has final say on the lineups/on-field decisions for the regular season.

I won’t give Dana a pass if Maldy is brought back next year in any capacity. Go find an Erik Kratz or anyone else. There should be an experienced backup catcher available who can avoid generating negative WAR.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

I give Dana a pass on Maldonado for this year. I’m certain that Dusty has been provided all the data. They are choosing to start Maldy to avoid the hurt feelings on the starting staff and I’m certain Dusty believes he has final say on the lineups/on-field decisions for the regular season.

I won’t give Dana a pass if Maldy is brought back next year in any capacity. Go find an Erik Kratz or anyone else. There should be an experienced backup catcher available who can avoid generating negative WAR.

If maldy and Dusty are brought back we should riot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I mean i said this 3 months ago and got reamed here because "what do you expect him to do???"

Like I said then....his job

It’s cranes job to fix this. He’s the one who set up the dysfunctional org chart and has Dusty accountable to nonFM, nor the nerd cave, but instead only Crane. 
It needs to be fixed but that doesn’t seem like Crane made it part of Browns job description. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

I have been banging the Luke Maile drum for over a month. $1.8M this season for the Reds. Currently sporting a .760 OPS in 53 games as the Reds backup, also +5% over league average in CS, 12 PB+WP, and -1.4 framing runs.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Uncle Mike going to Sugar Land for rehab assignment and playing tonight. 

Him coming back could turn Yainer into a 1 day a week guy as he will suck up all the DH opportunities against RHP and we all know Dusty doesn't believe Yainer can hit LHP.  It's a net loss for us if he comes back, unless Yainer is forced onto the field by the FO as a catcher and a 1B.