2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Oh yeah i love when the dude who sucks ass at work speaks up and tries to tell everyone how to be better at their jobs.

Maldonado: "The key will be better energy in the dugout, not being satisfied after you lose. I feel like every team that comes here and plays us, wants to beat us and we didn’t make them earn it. We feel like we’re giving it away."

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Maldonado: "The key will be better energy in the dugout, not being satisfied after you lose. I feel like every team that comes here and plays us, wants to beat us and we didn’t make them earn it. We feel like we’re giving it away."

Too bad he didn’t decide the key was for him not to be awful on offense and defense. 

• Haha 2

We’re gonna win the division. But it starts with 2 key moves which I’m happy to walk down the street and execute them myself. 

DFA Singleton for Brantley’s 40 man spot and call up Brant. 

Julks down, Hensley up. Julks has no place on this roster. Possibly ever again. 

Just now, hornmpa96 said:

What a terrible bench - Out best lineup against a LHP includes Martin Maldando at catcher.

Probably. 
now that I’m thinking about it maybe Dubon at 1st and Diaz catching would be better. It’s probably pretty close. Maldy isn’t horribly inept against LHP. 
I think that’s the only nice thing I will ever say about him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

This is a scary stretch (for us) Toronto has coming up:

on, 8/28
vsWSHWSH
6:07 PM   Gausman Gray Tickets as low as $12 
Tue, 8/29
vsWSHWSH
6:07 PM   Berrios Gore Tickets as low as $12 
Wed, 8/30
vsWSHWSH
2:07 PM   Bassitt Corbin Tickets as low as $13 
Fri, 9/1
@COLCOL
7:40 PM       Tickets as low as $8 
Sat, 9/2
@COLCOL
7:10 PM       Tickets as low as $8 
Sun, 9/3
@COLCOL
2:10 PM       Tickets as low as $10 
Mon, 9/4
@OAKOAK
3:07 PM       Tickets as low as $19 
Tue, 9/5
@OAKOAK
8:40 PM       Tickets as low as $13 
Wed, 9/6
@OAKOAK
2:37 PM       Tickets as low as $11 
Fri, 9/8
vsKCKC
6:07 PM       Tickets as low as $12 
Sat, 9/9
vsKCKC
2:07 PM       Tickets as low as $17 
Sun, 9/10
vsKCKC
12:37 PM

It has to be his mechanics. His fastball doesn’t have that deceptive lack of drop anymore.

Its the same with Framber. We’ve been talking about Framber not throwing his sinker too hard since the opener as it eliminates the late movement on the pitch. He’s still throwing it too hard.

I don’t know why we have coaches because I don’t think they do anything. They’ve had all year to prep Diaz for where to cutoff throws from the outfield at 1B, but he still doesn’t know.

• Haha 1

We need king tuck 

3 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

It has to be his mechanics. His fastball doesn’t have that deceptive lack of drop anymore.

Its the same with Framber. We’ve been talking about Framber not throwing his sinker too hard since the opener as it eliminates the late movement on the pitch. He’s still throwing it too hard.

I don’t know why we have coaches because I don’t think they do anything. They’ve had all year to prep Diaz for where to cutoff throws from the outfield at 1B, but he still doesn’t know.

hes lost his movement