2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, pacmanmakesitrain said:

Yep. All of this is the same experience I’ve had. The $5 tickets, $1 dogs and $1 beer nights were pretty awesome though when they sucked and I was a poor, single guy working in Houston.

I would take dates with an empty powerade bottle on tuesday for even cheaper tickets, then sneak in a water bottle full of vodka and get out paying more for parking. 

Well, y’all have said it all about Altuve. It’s beyond incredible and we are insanely lucky to have this guy leading this franchise. And anyone who thinks he just cemented himself as the greatest Astro last night is insane - he had that wrapped up long, long ago. Nobody else is even close, including two HOFers. 

This is awesome:

Jinx 3putt

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, runthebone said:

These Rangers postgame really think Abreu hit Garcia intentionally there.  What dumbfucks.  They dont understand a championship mindset.

Trash fan base.  At here are a couple of guys in their thread saying they should have hit Yordan in the head / hand in Game 4 and a guy yesterday saying they should hit Altuve in the head.  I’m all for the hate, but I never hope to see an injury on a purpose HBP.  That’s bullshit.

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Astros need to fly in Correa to give framber a prep talk tomorrow 

They need to PT his ass until it churns buttermilk. 

then he wouldn’t have all the mental energy to be worried about bullshit besides pitching

34 minutes ago, runthebone said:

These Rangers postgame really think Abreu hit Garcia intentionally there.  What dumbfucks.  They dont understand a championship mindset.

i'll say it.  we hit him on purpose.  fuck it.  will that make everybody shut the fuck up about it?  i'll take full responsibility.  enough already.

getting hit is a part of baseball and has been for 1.5 centuries.  take your base.  take advantage of 2 on/no out + wild pitcher.  score some insurance runs.  win the game. 

or don't, i don't care.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'll say it.  we hit him on purpose.  fuck it.  will that make everybody shut the fuck up about it?  i'll take full responsibility.  enough already.

getting hit is a part of baseball and has been for 1.5 centuries.  take your base.  take advantage of 2 on/no out + wild pitcher.  score some insurance runs.  win the game. 

or don't, i don't care.

100% sending a message with the pitch based on count and situation.  But I don’t believe that it was intended to hit him.  I do believe it was a “back the fuck up, asshole” pitch.  If it gets a little too far inside, oh well.  Message sent and received.   And the Astros won.   

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

2 games for a basic plunk pitch? Lmao. MLB fucking sucks. Just add more fuel to the fire.

Not even a basic plunk pitch. There's no way you can determine intent there. There was no HBP eartlier, and it made zero sense to try to plunk a guy in that situation.

Just so bad.