45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What happens at a pre-trial hearing? Give me the short version 

They're going to talk about any issues arising with the CIPA process.  Are the lawyers getting their security clearances, what does the government propose to do with the classified documents, does the defense object, etc.

The government asked for this as part of their request for a December trial date.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I feel like it has to be this.  How would this get out?

These tapes were made by aides or book people.  They have no obligation to keep them secret.  One of them's probably been shopping it around.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He states “these are the papers” and admits “these are highly confidential, secret”

Yep.  He simultaneously shows the documents to people who don't have clearance while admitting that he could have declassified when president but no longer can.

The recording is also a pretty good example of the kind of "yes men" he surrounds himself with.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Yep.  He simultaneously shows the documents to people who don't have clearance while admitting that he could have declassified when president but no longer can.

The recording is also a pretty good example of the kind of "yes men" he surrounds himself with.

My third favorite part is where he doesn't understand that the United States of America maintains plans for attacking and defending against all enemies at all times.  And he doesn't understand that Milley didn't prepare these, he brought them to him because he asked for them.  BECAUSE HE WANTED TO INVADE IRAN.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Writer/Editor/Assistant walk into that room after being cleared.  There's no way in the world, one of them doesn't say, "Mr. Trump, with your permission-I am now going to start recording with this audio device. If you would me to stop recording, just say 'stop' or make this hand gesture.  Without objection, let's begin. 

The assistant will likely be taking written notes most likely on pen/paper so as to minimize background noise.  And the writer and possibly editor will start asking questions.  Upon leaving, since everybody and everything was already searched...somebody on his staff may flip through the written notes or make copies for later inquiries.  This process will repeat at further meetings, phone calls, or video chats.  

The recordings and notes belong to the writer and the publishing house and, as part of his book deal, likely shared with Mr. Meadows straight away for additional context while everybody has it top of mind.  Meadows could have picked up a phone after hearing/reading and found somebody to leak it.  I find it unlikely.  Most likely, Jack Smith "asked nicely" to the publisher for copies and they complied knowing a long drawn out legal battle would the DoJ/special prosecutor would prove futile and embarrassing.  

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

They aren’t that smart.

I don't think it matters.  This isn't grand jury testimony or the fruits of a wiretap that only the government has.

This is shit floating around in the public domain, although not generally accessible.

There have been a lot of leaks, but they aren't leaks of substance, really.  No one has heard what was said to the grand jury, only mostly procedural wrangling in court, away from the grand jury.

That does not make a tainted grand jury or prosecutorial misconduct case.

• Hook 'Em 4

57 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Have you been paying attention for the last 8 years?

Have you been paying attention for the last year? How can you mouth breathers not grasp that this is not like anything Trump has faced before, ever, in his entire life?

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is how stupid Trump is

He said he wanted to invade Iran. The media mocks him about the comment.

Miley brought him the plans. Yes, we have plans on everything. He probably brought it to show how stupid the idea is

Trump is too stupid or understand we have plans to attack people already worked up. He keeps the plans because he thinks it’s a gotcha on who actually wants to invade Iran. Not the guy who said it to the media, but the military, because they have plans. 

He stole classified documents to prove to his sycophants that’s he’s not the dumb one, it’s the General. 

I think Milley brought them because he had them and the President asked for them.

Like dealing with a grandpa with Alzheimers or having a psychotic episode.  You want to placate them without going too far.

Teh Donald kept them because, like he said, "isn't that cool?"  

Just now, Rimbo said:

Have you been paying attention for the last year? How can you mouth breathers not grasp that this is not like anything Trump has faced before, ever, in his entire life?

It's also backed up by real, live, honest to God evidence, and not breathless speculation for once.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't think it matters.  This isn't grand jury testimony or the fruits of a wiretap that only the government has.

This is shit floating around in the public domain, although not generally accessible.

There have been a lot of leaks, but they aren't leaks of substance, really.  No one has heard what was said to the grand jury, only mostly procedural wrangling in court, away from the grand jury.

That does not make a tainted grand jury or prosecutorial misconduct case.

Counterpoint:

800px-Cannon2021_(004).jpg

• Rage+1 4

47 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is how stupid Trump is

He said he wanted to invade Iran. The media mocks him about the comment.

Miley brought him the plans. Yes, we have plans on everything. He probably brought it to show how stupid the idea is

Trump is too stupid or understand we have plans to attack people already worked up. He keeps the plans because he thinks it’s a gotcha on who actually wants to invade Iran. Not the guy who said it to the media, but the military, because they have plans. 

He stole classified documents to prove to his sycophants that’s he’s not the dumb one, it’s the General. 

this is my favorite part, because it's so so so trump.

he didn't keep the file, talk about the file, or show the file for money or favors.  he did it to "win" a slapfight he was having with milley.  he did something that would get most people life in prison so he could say "i was right".

70mm people made an effort, whether by mail or actually leaving the comfort of their own home during a global pandemic, to check a box to make this demented traffic cone president again.  i will never get past that.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

70mm people made an effort, whether by mail or actually leaving the comfort of their own home during a global pandemic, to check a box to make this demented traffic cone president again.  i will never get past that.  

And they are going to do it again next year. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

23 minutes ago, The Dog said:

WIRE FRAUD

You have to wonder if at this point he told Meadow's biographers on tape that he lost the election and then showed off how much he had raised by doing so.  When the Jan 6th indictment comes down this won't be a surprise to me.  It's completely on brand.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I hope you’re right. That’s all I can say. 

Hope has nothing to do with it. A federal criminal indictment is different, in kind, from civil cases, state criminal cases, and impeachments. Now, there's no guarantee he gets locked up; he could come to his senses and make some kind of deal.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Hope has nothing to do with it. A federal criminal indictment is different, in kind, from civil cases, state criminal cases, and impeachments. Now, there's no guarantee he gets locked up; he could come to his senses and make some kind of deal.

Hope is a dangerous thing?

Also, lighten up Francis. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

These tapes were made by aides or book people.  They have no obligation to keep them secret.  One of them's probably been shopping it around.

No, his attorneys were definitely leaking damning evidence to the public to help their case in court. That's how Jack Ruby got off after killing Oswald. Everybody had seen the video, so he never went to jail. He moved to Corsicana and started a pie shop. 

Goes double for John Hinckley Jr. . Everybody saw the video and the Secret Service grabbing him. Scott free. Now he's Mr. Jodie Foster. Fabulous.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That's how Jack Ruby got off after killing Oswald. Everybody had seen the video, so he never went to jail.

The Tik Tok commenter community has known about this for years.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

No, his attorneys were definitely leaking damning evidence to the public to help their case in court. That's how Jack Ruby got off after killing Oswald. Everybody had seen the video, so he never went to jail. He moved to Corsicana and started a pie shop. 

Goes double for John Hinckley Jr. . Everybody saw the video and the Secret Service grabbing him. Scott free. Now he's Mr. Jodie Foster. Fabulous.

good pies ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm not sure if you're serious, but Hinckley was locked in a psychiatric hospital for 37 years prior to his release. Not exactly scot-free. And his delusions about Jodie Foster have been in long-standing remission. He's actually been psychiatrically stable for many years. He simply shot the wrong guy. If he had shot anyone but the president, he would've been released decades ago. I'm not a Hinckley apologist or anything, but I do like to correct misinformation about mental illness when I see it. 

Carry on with the critique of Donald, though, because that guy actually is irremediably mentally ill. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

I'm not sure if you're serious, but Hinckley was locked in a psychiatric hospital for 37 years prior to his release. Not exactly scot-free. And his delusions about Jodie Foster have been in long-standing remission. He's actually been psychiatrically stable for many years. He simply shot the wrong guy. If he had shot anyone but the president, he would've been released decades ago. I'm not a Hinckley apologist or anything, but I do like to correct misinformation about mental illness when I see it. 

Carry on with the critique of Donald, though, because that guy actually is irremediably mentally ill. 

It is an interesting case of not guilty by reason of insanity actually working, pretty much as intended.

The only hitch is that probably one of the reasons it worked was that his mother was wealthy, involved, and apparently pretty capable (meaning, I think it takes more than just money to achieve this outcome, although it surely takes that).

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated