45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Maybe not "stupid" but certainly not "smart".  Consider the fact that UPenn has never conferred an honorary degree on Trump, nor have they asked him to speak at any commencement ceremonies.  Consider that in his day, the school accepted 40% of applicants, far more than the current 7%.  Consider that one of his professors (William Kelley) has repeatedly stated that Trump was "the dumbest goddamned student I ever had".  Consider that his degree is in real estate, a field he has struggled in mightily over the years, despite his claims to the contrary.  Consider that the commencement program when he graduated listed honors for all students (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude) and he did not attain any of those standards.  Consider that he was never on the UPenn Dean's List.  Consider the fact that Trump directed his attorney Michael Cohen to threaten his high school, UPenn, and the College Board to never release his grades or test scores.

Sorry, he's of average intelligence at the very best.

And after considering all of the above, read, at random, a fraction of the nonsense he spouts.  I say "read" because I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to off-the-cuff remarks.  Just consider what he took the time to state in-writing.   He looked at it and though, "Yep.  That's perfect." Given that,  I'm comfortable with the "stupid" moniker.  I don't care how much money he claims to have or the fact that he ended up in the White House by appealing to the worst of a portion of this country's collective nature. 

Edited by dcbc

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Maybe not "stupid" but certainly not "smart".  Consider the fact that UPenn has never conferred an honorary degree on Trump, nor have they asked him to speak at any commencement ceremonies.  Consider that in his day, the school accepted 40% of applicants, far more than the current 7%.  Consider that one of his professors (William Kelley) has repeatedly stated that Trump was "the dumbest goddamned student I ever had".  Consider that his degree is in real estate, a field he has struggled in mightily over the years, despite his claims to the contrary.  Consider that the commencement program when he graduated listed honors for all students (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude) and he did not attain any of those standards.  Consider that he was never on the UPenn Dean's List.  Consider the fact that Trump directed his attorney Michael Cohen to threaten his high school, UPenn, and the College Board to never release his grades or test scores.

I wasn't implying he was smart.    What I was trying to get across is that sheer pugnacious assholery is more likely to explain his position in American history than his intellect or lack thereof.  You can't just dismiss that he sat in the oval office for 4 years.  I hate that bastard, but he has accomplishments.  Hopefully first imprisoned former US president will be among them.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, locodos said:

I don't think the guy is an idiot, I think that he's so toxic that people will literally give ground to get away from interacting with him.  Except those broken people who equate that with power.  They see him being awful to the people they dislike while he says wonderful things about them.  (until he no longer needs them)  And they think proximity to this guy will personally enrich them.

I had a neighbor like this...  really successful business guy, but just an insufferable prick who would make unreasonable demands that people would capitulate to to avoid having to deal with him.  He would brag about it.  "If they don't give me what I want I'll bury them in litigation. They don't know who they are fucking with!"  There were a few neighbors who hung around him for a while because he had the latest super/hypercars and had an entourage of east european hookers.   In the end ever person in his life was only there on a transactional basis.   /csb

tl/dr Not stupid just toxic and broken

Are you Tony Buzbee's neighbor? 

Very nice humblebrag if so. How are the greens running at the rock (ROCC) these days?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

"Mr. Red Five. We think you robbed that bank, and you're hiding the money all around your house."

"Well let me tell you, I have lots of things. I have a garage with tools, I've got a desk with pens, and paper, and various phone chargers. So in summation, I did nothing wrong." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Are you Tony Buzbee's neighbor? 

Very nice humblebrag if so. How are the greens running at the rock (ROCC) these days?

No idea who that is...  I live in South Florida so we have a wide variety of self important assholes from all around the whole country and indeed the world!

• Hook 'Em 1

He's not bright. He is stunningly ignorant about any subject not associated with grift, abusing the civil law system, hiding money until he can find new ways to lose it, and every curve of Ivanka's exquisitely manufactured person.

Lincoln was a Republican. Many people don't know that.

Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He's so fucking stupid, it boggles the mind. 

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

he's freaking scared.

good.

It's pretty nice that he advertises to the whole world when he's been given some really bad news.

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Just remember that Trump is still getting his legal advice from a non-lawyer (Fitton - the Judicial Watch kook). 

His real lawyers like Kise are on the sidelines. 

And we see him scared when non-lawyers are giving him advice, I can only imagine his fear if his real lawyers were laying it out for him.

2 hours ago, locodos said:

I had a neighbor like this...  really successful business guy, but just an insufferable prick who would make unreasonable demands that people would capitulate to to avoid having to deal with him.  There were a few neighbors who hung around him for a while because he had the latest super/hypercars and had an entourage of east european hookers.   

This is how you humble brag!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

This is how you humble brag!

It's hard to tell the story of an asshole that you just happened to bump into all the time.   Also in S. Florida Supercars and Eastern european hookers aren't exactly rare.

8 hours ago, Constant said:

IMG_4516.thumb.jpeg.3778d29fee07b6cc96f9262ac204af00.jpeg

Someone woke up a little upset. 

image.gif.2aa74dc976e652a305ae9732726ef10a.gif

Actually, wait a minute. If Biden extorted millions from foreign countries, ... which countries? You mean Russia, Don?

And isn't that a GOOD thing for America?

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, locodos said:

It's hard to tell the story of an asshole that you just happened to bump into all the time.   Also in S. Florida Supercars and Eastern european hookers aren't exactly rare.

That's how you rollback a humblebrag.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Wait - *now* Trump thinks it’s wrong or a crime to use federal office to extort millions from foreign governments?

I mean, yeah.

He thinks you're supposed to use it to extort millions from Americans, usually under the guise of "fundraising."

2 hours ago, shakahorn said:

It would actually be kinda clever if Trump purposely called him "Bidden."  You know, like for sale, available to the highest bidder.  Of course he's a dumbass so at best it's a typo and at worst, he really thinks that's how it's spelled.

The covfefe guy is intentionally making clever typos. lolk

There's no better evidence that everything in Trump's orbit turns to shit than Vladimir Putin. Dude was bossing Russia for 20 years stealing all the money for himself but after getting involved with Trump has made the biggest blunder of the 21st century so far, is getting his ass kicked by Ukraine, and just had one of his top guys mutiny on him. 

The power of Trump to ruin everything he aligns with is extraordinary. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Consider that he (even with connections) had to transfer from Fordham to gain admission to Penn. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What’s even more mind boggling is that despite how brazenly in-your-face stupid he is, millions of Americans can’t see it. He shows himself to be a clueless dumbfuck time after time after time and they still manage to believe he’s as smart as he tells them he is. 

Yeah, the explanations that follow this are not persuasive.

He is the classic idiot-savant.  He is good at precisely one thing: self-promotion.  That's it.  Full-stop.  He is an absolute fucking moron. My fucking dog could beat him in a chess match, and my dog has been dead for 2 years.  He's the stupidest man to ever hold major office in this country, and there's not a close second.

28 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"Fees dispute."  As in, his potential attorney said "I will incur some fees to defend you, and I expect you to pay them."  Nauta said "I don't think I will."  Voila -- a dispute!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

25 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

trump is turbofucked

nauta is... what's more than turbofucked? rocketboosterfucked?

I think it's either hyperfucked, warpfucked, or we would have also accepted lightfucked, as in lightspeed.  But then Eric shoved a lightbulb literally up his ass.  I'd call him an idiot, but the bulb did actually kinda soft glow for like 10 seconds, really impressive.  Only part of his body generating anything of use.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, the explanations that follow this are not persuasive.

He is the classic idiot-savant.  He is good at precisely one thing: self-promotion.  That's it.  Full-stop.  He is an absolute fucking moron. My fucking dog could beat him in a chess match, and my dog has been dead for 2 years.  He's the stupidest man to ever hold major office in this country, and there's not a close second.

"Fees dispute."  As in, his potential attorney said "I will incur some fees to defend you, and I expect you to pay them."  Nauta said "I don't think I will."  Voila -- a dispute!

News Interview GIF by For(bes) The Culture

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"Fees dispute."  As in, his potential attorney said "I will incur some fees to defend you, and I expect you to pay them."  Nauta said "I don't think I will. I have the backing of His Excellency, Donald Trump."  Voila -- a dispute!

Alternative possibility.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Alternative possibility.

I expect you are closer to it.  The guy figured the Trump outfit is paying the fees, and that is going to put me in an ethical jackpot at some point.  That jackpot could be mitigated to some extent by the presence of other counsel, but they could easily quit/withdraw/get fired and leave this guy holding the bag in an ethical jackpot.

This is yet another way Trump is in a different world.  Especially of late, he is used to hiring lawyers for his underlings and minions that can do damage control (e.g. Cassidy Hutchinson).  That is a lot easier to pull off, in terms of a) finding lawyers willing to do it and b) not being blatantly exposed, in a civil or investigatory context than in that of a criminal trial.

As we have seen from the Georgia elector proceedings, criminal courts/judges are extra solicitous about ethical shenanigans among defense counsel because it could deprive a defendant of rights/a fair trial and cause a mistrial or reversal on appeal.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit, I was going to quote a few bits from Waltine's wiki page, but it's worth a read as a whole (seriously, it's like a 2-minute read but there is nugget after nugget in there).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Nauta#

Is the navy gonna come after him next?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
╭∩╮(︶_︶)╭∩╮
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Holy shit, I was going to quote a few bits from Waltine's wiki page, but it's worth a read as a whole (seriously, it's like a 2-minute read but there is nugget after nugget in there).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Nauta#

Is the navy gonna come after him next?

he’s in love with trump. Probably changes his diaper and sponge bathes him

• Hook 'Em 1

So what this defense presupposes is if you declare "off the record" to the ghostwriter of a former colleague, who is not even in the room...you are fully exempted from legal proceedings against you for any and all crimes because they can't use it in said former colleagues memoir?  

Yet another fascinating turn in our legal system.  From now on, I highly recommend y'all roll with an amateur writer everywhere you go (with a running tape recorder).  Second you lay some shit down-beatings, theft, keybump, roofies, etc.  Just say, "Off the record."  BOOM!  (Michael) Scott-Free!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Wait so now he's claiming he didn't have any documents? What happened to "They're mine, I can keep them if I want because I'm me" or whatever. 

He’s claiming that in the audio recording there weren’t any real documents he was flashing around. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

He’s claiming that in the audio recording there weren’t any real documents he was flashing around. 

And it might work.

Except it's possible that Smith, out of his 84 witnesses, has a few that were there and witnessed the event.  That's what Trump doesn't know (or care about, actually).

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated