45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

He explains on tape the classification process is in fact not, "by thinking about", but describes the real one in pretty good detail.  He coulda been holding up nudes of Ivanka on the tape, it's what he said not what he was holding.  I don't think Jack Smith left the Hague months before Russian war crimes were likely gonna start because an asst. AG heard there might be a tape in a publishing house's office where Trump is heard to be crinkling around some paper.  

I also forget that there are still a lot of people who think the FBI planted those documents at Mar-a-Lago.  And surely some of them have now heard this tape.  And the mental gymnastics they have to going through right now.  

-So if the FBI planted them just before the raid, how does he have some with him several months before in New Jersey?

"Well, what musta happened is.  Uh, you see.  He.  The FBI is corrupt and must be defunded"

-Oh you know what, I bet I know what happened.  The FBI has this classified documents booth at Langley where ex-Presidents can sign out very sensitive materials for the weekend, for like a golf trip or staycation.  I bet he checked them out legally, returned them, and then when he went back to golf, they flew them down to plant at Mar-a-Lago for that violent raid they conducted.  Right?

"See, that's what I'm talking about.  It's all legal, it's all on the up and up!"  

There's ignorance, it's a mental shortcut.  There's being dumb.  That's a temporary state of being outside your normal mental boundaries (we all do and say dumb shit every day despite our acuities).  There's being an idiot or moron, but that's usually a born condition that is really hard to break free from and were legit medical terms for decades. 

But I am noticing the MAGA stupidity takes real, actual work.  They have to try to get to these insane assumptions and conclusions.  They're expending the same amount of calories to create the same amount of neurological activity with the same amount of oxygen it takes to write a song or a poem or conduct a lab experiment or draft a business memo.  All to arrive at the stupidest shit American socio-politics has ever generated.  It's almost remarkable in a way.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I want to believe this so badly. That they will fold and go home. But it’s too dangerous to think that way. We have to proceed as if they are coming out in armed droves. 

He was in the White House begging people to show up, claiming the election was stolen and that he was being illegally booted out of office, and the relatively small amount that showed up on J6 are doing jailtime, losing jobs, etc.

They have DeSantis in the wings.  It's not about the man, it's about the amount of hate he stirs up, and if he's in jail or sidelined, somebody else can tap into that hate.

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

they're arresting trolls now? half this board better watch out

Trolls that wonder out in front of a motorcade with a bunch of Secret Service agents.  Kind of cuts down on the number of Surly posters.  Plus Surly trolls have better things to do, like go to airports and ask for Nick Saban to be paged over the intercom.

Edited by atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think I'd be surprised if there were additional document-related charges this soon after the initial indictment, or really ever.  Smith obviously has a very solid case and a superseding indictment would seem to indicate that he stumbled on something, like communication to a foreign subject or entity that really ups the ante.  Anything is possible, I suppose, but that seems to go against what we've seen of Smith's diligence and preparation.  More of the same ol shit doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

That they seem to be "branching out" from the core 1/6 case:  conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, or possibly even seditious conspiracy, into related crimes does seem to indicate that maybe 1/6 charges are coming soon.

Note that I draw a distinction here between the false electors as its own crime and as an element of the conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding.

And, just my opinion, but you are going to be wrong.  Not all the dots connected on the original indictment, like the fact that Meadows wasn't even mentioned in it.  He was there and either objected or supervised the original theft, and he knew they were doing it.  If you think only two people are going down for this, Trump and Notgonnabefreenaymore, I think you are mistaken.  Habba is as well as Meadows (unless his cooperating deal gives him a pass).  The original indictment really only covered crimes after the original crime.  Additionally, there will be more people indicted over this.  So yes, I do believe their will be a superseding indictment for more document crimes, and it will tried in Washington (maybe New Jersey as well).  

Everything I've ever read about Smith indicates that he is tough and thorough, but fair and professional.  Now you have a man making thinly veiled threats at his family.  You think he's not going for the jugular?  He's bring a thermonuclear weapon to a knife fight.  Essentially, he's going to go for every single crime he can convict him on, and not one stone will be left unturned if feels he can get a conviction.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

And, just my opinion, but you are going to be wrong.  Not all the dots connected on the original indictment, like the fact that Meadows wasn't even mentioned in it.  He was there and either objected or supervised the original theft, and he knew they were doing it.  If you think only two people are going down for this, Trump and Notgonnabefreenaymore, I think you are mistaken.  Habba is as well as Meadows (unless his cooperating deal gives him a pass).  The original indictment really only covered crimes after the original crime.  Additionally, there will be more people indicted over this.  So yes, I do believe their will be a superseding indictment for more document crimes, and it will tried in Washington (maybe New Jersey as well).  

Everything I've ever read about Smith indicates that he is tough and thorough, but fair and professional.  Now you have a man making thinly veiled threats at his family.  You think he's not going for the jugular?  He's bring a thermonuclear weapon to a knife fight.  Essentially, he's going to go for every single crime he can convict him on, and not one stone will be left unturned if feels he can get a conviction.  

I was mostly confining myself to a superseding indictment of Trump and or Nauta, that is, "this case."  When you start bringing in other defendants, and certainly when you're in other venues, you're not talking  about a superseding indictment.

I'd love to see Habba get indicted, but I haven't seen any evidence of her involvement. I don't know about Meadows.

Being a pro means you disregard assholes threatening your family, except insofar as you can bring charges for that.  And, I believe that he didn't bring this indictment if he felt, even intutitively, that there were other, additional crimes that could be charged.  That doesn't mean he didn't stumble across something in another investigation, but I don't think that continuing to beat the bushes for more similar counts is really consistent with what we've seen of him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The man has been looked at in the eye by warlords, despots, mercenaries, and professional assassins and told they would find his family and hurt them after the Hague.  

Couple of gravy seals who'll probably post their intentions on social media ahead of time are likely not gonna scare this guy off course.  

That said, Smith is following a textbook play with narcissist career criminals.  Rile them up so they do something even more stupid to keep the coverup alive.  I'm guessing Smith thought "more obstruction, flee the country temporarily, make some rash financial decisions, finger bang Ivanka."  Then he reads the truth social post, "Wait, what?  That's his stupid move, mentioning my family.  It was already on.  Now it's?  Extra-on?  Super-on?  Dammit, I had something for this!  Got it, given our target...it's MORE-ON!" 

I love his thoroughness, but I hope theres a giant countdown clock room in his war room with days until the first primary.  Because people will start to genuinely question the political timing despite it being a non-factor in crimes of this magnitude.  

• Hook 'Em 3

TLDW Version:

Ben Meiselas: Hello! I'm Ben Meiselas here with Michael Cohen and welcome to Political Beatdown where The Independent is now reporting...

Michael Cohen: *interrupting* Ahahaha hey Meadows! What did I tell you, you dumb fuck! Eat a bag of shit, you dick-faced moron! Hahahahaha! You're mom's a whore! *shadowboxes*

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

I'm not reading all the shit in CR, man... You know better. 

Hell, I'm not reading all the shit on shaggy surly... This is not why I am here. 

Then why the fuck bother posting? You don’t show up in the third quarter of a football game thread commenting on shit from the first quarter because you’re watching the game late on the dvr? Fucking stupid and you know it. 

you want comment on page one of a thread that was started in 2018 next? Maybe prognosticate the 2020 election? Stop it dude. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

None of your many lawyers on the call hinted at wrongdoing because they were in fucking shock.

"Did he just instruct the Secretary to find the exact same number of votes as he lost by?"

-Yeah, should we stop him?

"I dunno, I'm kinda dying to see where this goes..." 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not only did he instruct them to falsify the vote count in their state, but he also threatened them with potential bad things happening to them if they didn't. 

He does this bizarre thing, that reminds me of how five year-olds think. He says what he did, and then follows it up with "... and I did absolutely nothing wrong and anyone will tell you that!"

"I went to the guy's house and took out my gun and shot him dead, then I left. And I did absolutely nothing wrong and any lawyer will tell you that!"

Edited by Red Five
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Guess he got a call from Fani:

"STRONGLY FEEL" that's I think all new.  Lawyer talk. 

ETA:  seriously, I don't recall him ever casting "stollen" or "rigged" in the form of an opinion or anything less than unadulterated fact.  I have to guess that his lawyers have told him that it may be to his benefit to be able to recast that as a strongly held opinion, rather than an unsupported fact, or lie.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

ETA:  seriously, I don't recall him ever casting "stollen" or "rigged" in the form of an opinion or anything less than unadulterated fact.  I have to guess that his lawyers have told him that it may be to his benefit to be able to recast that as a strongly held opinion, rather than an unsupported fact, or lie.

If he were a normal client yes, but you're kidding yourself if Trump actually has the ability to take and act upon advice from his attorney.

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2023 at 4:35 PM, Dahobbs said:

Well, if I had access to the classified documents, I'm pretty sure I could figure what classified document or documents on war with Iran he was pointing to, not that I think proving the contents of that particular document matters. 

How do you prove it. You showing classified docs in court? Which ones? 

19 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Then why the fuck bother posting? You don’t show up in the third quarter of a football game thread commenting on shit from the first quarter because you’re watching the game late on the dvr? 

I'm going to do exactly that... And I'm going to drink from your beer the next time I see you. 

You read all of these posts in CR? I mean some of these are a lot of words. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Slacks said:

How do you prove it. You showing classified docs in court? Which ones? 

1) As stated previously, it doesn't matter for the charges he faces. 

2) I play his audio recording describing the document and then hand the jury the document matching the description. 

I don't know why this is hard for you. Yes, that is proof. The thin veneer of "no, no no, I wasn't really talking about this document that matches up exactly to what I was talking about" isn't going to work. If you think that isn't proof, you're holding the prosecution to a higher burden of proof than the law requires, and you should be disqualified as a juror. 

Edited by Dahobbs

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The double L is a message to JFK Jr….it’s on!

See, in drop 4,329, Q uses the letter "L" 3 times....so, if we look at drop 3, Q uses the letter "L" 5 times.  When you put 2 and 5 together, you get 35.  If you add them together, you get 8.  35-8.  The EXACT score of the game between Palunsky High School and West Otter Fork High School, played exactly ONE week before JFK was assassinated.

It couldn't be any clearer!  Do the research, it's all right there!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

2) I play his audio recording describing the document and then hand the jury the document matching the description. 

I don't know why this is hard for you. Yes, that is proof. The thin veneer of "no, no no, I wasn't really talking about this document that matches up exactly to what I was talking about" isn't going to work. If you think that isn't proof, you're holding the prosecution to a higher burden of proof than the law requires, and you should be disqualified as a juror. 

So you're declassifying the document? 

14 minutes ago, Slacks said:

No. But, honestly, I don't know what the process is for submitting this sort of stuff to the jury. I am however sure there is a way to do it. Again, none of that fucking matters because you don't need to do any of that for the charges he is facing. 

Why are you harping on this stupid point? 

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No. But, honestly, I don't know what the process is for submitting this sort of stuff to the jury. I am however sure there is a way to do it. Again, none of that fucking matters because you don't need to do any of that for the charges he is facing. 

Why are you harping on this stupid point? 

I have done a little reading on CIPA procedures.

Some options are:

• declassify the document and show it to the jury straight up
  • redact the document
  • prepare agreed-upon summaries

And some of this even may apply to defense attorneys depending on the clearance they get and the level of the documents.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

At this point those have to be scrapped anyway right? Who knows how many people have seen them? The military has to assume they are compromised. They probably don’t want to declassify, but you could redact and show them to a jury fairly effectively I would think.

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Some options are:

• redact the document

And some of this even may apply to defense attorneys depending on the clearance they get and the level of the documents.

If the magats are right, and Biden has completely corrupted every facet of government to suit his evil purposes, the dotard's lawyers would never get security clearance. 

One of the talking heads said shortly after the charges were posted that the govt likely had a larger selection of docs to choose from and only made charges with the ones in the sweet spot of 1) sufficiently damning and 2) capable of being at least somewhat exposed to the defendant, lawyers and jury. #1 would exclude something trivial like a daily travel schedule and #2 would exclude something like foreign agent identifiers

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He was probably like, wait, wait, if I just say I feel, I can say all the crazy stuff I was too cautious to say before.

15 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Plus, it also all can be used to prove intent to retain.  I have to imagine that in cases like this, a prosecutor almost always would have to rely on circumstantial evidence (which is evidence, that's why evidence is in the phrase) to prove intent.  Here, there is quite a bit of direct evidence on that element.  There is no reasonable doubt.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Some options are:

• redact the document

Another option, wait for Trump, while on the witness stand (I can dream) unprompted to pull a copy of the document out of his pocket and read it to the jury, closing with "this is my bag, baby."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Slacks said:

How many times does he have to tell you this?

Again, none of that fucking matters because you don't need to do any of that for the charges he is facing. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How many times does he have to tell you this?

If it's mentioned in the indictment at all, the bastardized legal word of the day is "surplusage."

Edited by dcbc

Can we move on.  This has to be a bit.  He thinks the case is hinging on proving what trumP is waving around on the tape.  Okay; you got jack Smith dude.  Trump Was jostling about the instructions to the he apprentice board game.  There’s video.  Pack it up; let’s go home.  Cancel the case. 

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated