45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

I have not been following the details of this case at all, other than the general understanding of it.  Regarding Trump‘s shot on appeal, assuming he gets a bond, does anyone know if the amount of money the judge awarded help or hurt?   

I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has an idea if the award is great enough that this raises an appeal issue that would not have been there if the judge had awarded half of that? Or was it addressed within the 95 pages describing Trump‘s dishonest ass-Hattery and so mitigated any impression of unfairness

35 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Question for those that know PAC law.  My understanding is that it's basically illegal to take PAC or Super PAC money and convert it to personal funds.  There is grey area on this, but not likely $550 million worth of grey area.  With a Conservator/Monitor, I have to imagine any capital infusion would be intensely scrutinized.  

Do I have this correct?  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

I wanna send like a penny to the gofundme along with the message, "lol, gfy" but the minimum donation is $5.

And sure, $5 is only 0.0000014% of the total judgment but it's 10000% of what I'm willing to pay

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Who the fuck are these grifters?

i mean, you just answered your own question

https://grantcardone.com/

Grant Cardone, bestselling author, world's #1 sales trainer, renowned speaker, international social media influencer and real estate mogul. 10X your life!

Yep. Another grifter. Hope he doesn't have business in New York

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Doesn't Jared have $2 billion in Saudi money lying around somewhere? Could he kick in to help?

Sorry, Donald.  I really want to help, but that money is all tied up in projects.  Otherwise I'd be there for you.  Totes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

25 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I have not been following the details of this case at all, other than the general understanding of it.  Regarding Trump‘s shot on appeal, assuming he gets a bond, does anyone know if the amount of money the judge awarded help or hurt?   

I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has an idea if the award is great enough that this raises an appeal issue that would not have been there if the judge had awarded half of that? Or was it addressed within the 95 pages describing Trump‘s dishonest ass-Hattery and so mitigated any impression of unfairness

Here's where I think the biggest problem may lie.  In calculating the unjust enrichment by each loan, he took the difference between the rates offered on non-recourse loans versus the personally guaranteed loans he obtained.  See p. 81 on.

There are two problems I can see with that.  One is what rate might they have offered had the SFCs been accurate on a personally guaranteed loan (that is a more conservative way to analyze it).  The second is all of the loans closed outside of limitations, so it would seem to have properly been the difference between what would have happened if his SFCs, submitted on an annual basis on the loans, had been accurate?

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Still has to front the value + 10% in order to make the appeal in NY state.

427765496_1054894335738526_6455717159898686412_n.thumb.jpeg.eff0484b056dfecf3b3dee5eacfe51c7.jpeg

Again, no he doesn't.  Just to keep the state from executing on the judgment.  The bond is not a prerequisite for appeal.

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

this should become a real tweet.

His real Tweets/Threads are pretty based already.

Like this one: https://www.threads.net/@joebiden/post/C3Nv_AoOKW5

Or this one (after the Superb Owl): https://www.threads.net/@joebiden/post/C3O7DelND00

And this one https://www.threads.net/@joebiden/post/C3D6hOWgYn_

oh wait there's more:

https://www.threads.net/@joebiden/post/C3BHE1tP3qz

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Again, no he doesn't.  Just to keep the state from executing on the judgment.  The bond is not a prerequisite for appeal.

Someone better get the NYTimes to print a correction, then:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/nyregion/trump-civil-fraud-trial-ruling.html

Mr. Trump will appeal the financial penalty but will have to either come up with the money or secure a bond within 30 days. The ruling will not render him bankrupt, because most of his wealth is in real estate, which altogether is worth far more than the penalty.

I mean. Granted, this is the same rag that called Tom Suozzi's 7.5-point win in a heavily Republican district "exceedingly close," so maybe we just assume the NYTimes is full of shit in general.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Grant portrays himself as a billionaire but he hasn’t contributed a dime to the gofundme his wife started. Hmmm. 

That’s not how that works. They don’t want to use their own money 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Someone better get the NYTimes to print a correction, then:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/nyregion/trump-civil-fraud-trial-ruling.html

I mean. Granted, this is the same rag that called Tom Suozzi's 7.5-point win in a heavily Republican district "exceedingly close," so maybe we just assume the NYTimes is full of shit in general.

They're wrong.  https://newyork.public.law/laws/n.y._civil_practice_law_and_rules_section_5519

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Serious question: if the gofundme isn’t a scam (big if, I know), how would all those contributions be considered under campaign finance law?  How is this different than a PAC giving him money? Can he even accept it?

Interesting question, I have no idea as to the answer.  I do wonder if they are direct donations/solicitations wouldn't that fall under income, and thus be subject to taxation?  

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Thanks. I guess I just figured why would they seize an asset that they got nothing out of and no one would really buy at auction. Wouldn’t the lien holders effectively be able to offer their lien amounts as the opening bid and if no outside group came they would pay themselves the money they are already owed and have the building with the state getting nothing? 

That's how it works on most home foreclosures.  The mortgage lender is the only bidder.

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Thanks. I guess I just figured why would they seize an asset that they got nothing out of and no one would really buy at auction. Wouldn’t the lien holders effectively be able to offer their lien amounts as the opening bid and if no outside group came they would pay themselves the money they are already owed and have the building with the state getting nothing? 

The other thing is, if you have a judgment debtor with money, but it's "hidden," the threat of losing the property can bring them to the table right quick.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

So there is no way for Trump and co to wriggle their way out of this one? the State of NY has all they need to proceed if the appeal window closes and/or Trump doesn't pony up escrow for appeal?

Trump has infinite money from dark sources.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

state of NY won't just take "whatever money" in escrow will they?

Again, Trump does not need to post a bond to appeal the judgment, only to stay execution of the judgment.  For a variety of reasons, most plaintiffs don't want to execute a judgment with an appeal pending, if there's any merit to it at all.

Trump boasts so much about his brand.  It seems like it would be taking a pretty good beating about now.  How does that affect his overall financial picture?   Will a reduction in the valuation of his brand be reflected in the value of his assets which then makes whatever he still holds worldwide seem to be a riskier investment for those who leant him money for things like the golf course in scotland, etc?  Can those lenders now revisit those loans and renegotiate due to the fallout here?