Marvel's Secret Invasion on Disney+

mdmost

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dropped last night at midnight.

Liked it, it was different to have normal humans and some aliens, and no superheroes in the mix.  Nice little espionage thing going on.

Hide contents

WTF with killing off Hill?

Liked the Russian angle, but was odd seeing all of that.

Yeah. Crazy she is gone after so many years 😥

Edit - also how does Emilia look like she’s 18 still?

Edited by UT_OB1

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I have no idea what's going on

Terrorist shape shifting space aliens immune to radiation want to start a nuclear war to wipe humans off earth. Samuel L Jackson is old and has scars but he’s going to stop them. Also Emilia Clark is in it, but she’s not going to get naked like in GOT. 

On 6/21/2023 at 8:57 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Yeah. Crazy she is gone after so many years 😥

Edit - also how does Emilia look like she’s 18 still?

I was so excited that we had a show with Cobie and the return of Emilia.

By the end I was like...

Spoiler

heathers.gif.3f2e9fc7efb6168c2500541ef3da1cff.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know how you Marvel fans feel but a lot of people are freaking out that Marvel used AI to create a trailer for Secret Invasion. Duh, it's the perfect use case for it. Granted it wasn't good and won't be good for a while, but "good enough" is good enough, sometimes.

I think this is very much a situation of toothpaste out of the tube and either get on board with the new tech and new way or get run over:

https://deadline.com/2023/06/secret-invasion-opening-credits-ai-backlash-marvel-mcu-disney-1235421667/

20 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

It’s the opening credits. Who gives a shit. People need to put the phone down and go outside. 

One poster in particular needs to stop worrying about what the latest social media outrage is about a TV show or movie. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

It’s the opening credits. Who gives a shit. People need to put the phone down and go outside. 

My kids automatically skip the opening credits any time they can.  One of the best things Netflix and the others have done. I know there are some talented people out there making some interesting stuff for opening credits, but once I see it one time, I skip after that.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

One poster in particular needs to stop worrying about what the latest social media outrage is about a TV show or movie. 

Lol that poster only cares enough to stir up shit. 

also big reveal at the end of the episode:

Spoiler

Rhodes has been replaced by a Skrull - hinted when he called Fury "Nick" but confirmed with the phone call at the end.

Fury knows this already.

After the MCU made the Skrulls out to be sympathetic characters in Captain Marvel I'm not sure they've done enough to "sell" on the concept of the majority of them becoming genocidal maniacs. 

Remember that most people who watch this - myself included - aren't familiar with the Secret Invasion comic series. 

Edited by The Dog

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

also big reveal at the end of the episode:

Hide contents

Rhodes has been replaced by a Skrull - hinted when he called Fury "Nick" but confirmed with the phone call at the end.

Fury knows this already.

After the MCU made the Skrulls out to be sympathetic characters in Captain Marvel I'm not sure they've done enough to "sell" on the concept of the majority of them becoming genocidal maniacs. 

Remember that most people who watch this - myself included - aren't familiar with the Secret Invasion comic series. 

I agree with your general sentiment but I don't think they're trying to sell the majority of them becoming genocidal maniacs-- as I recall they've suggested at least a few times that it's a small radical sect.

So I think what they haven't done well, is shown all of the NON-psycho Skrulls and how they're responding.  We're really only seeing Talos, and I guess briefly G'iah, fighting against Gravik and the psycho murder-cult. And when they showed the NATO commander Skrull imposter sort of stand up to Gravik and oppose the idea of mass genocide, it only took one punch to the gut to turn him around.  So they're not showing any strength in Skrull opposition, which is I think the real issue.

Also, why is Shooter McGavin on the council?  Didn't Billy put him in his place decades ago?

She was the mom in Bend It Like Beckham. I have to say the post-Maria Hill death episode didn't hit that strongly for me. That's his partner for years and he treats it very casually with the whole my momma and I would play a game on the train scene. Not even a nod to her other than letting them mom know what happened. I get that it's a war but just seemed pretty callous. 

28 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Thoughts:

Hide contents

Glad that she’s still alive

i want OG Rhodes to kick Skrull Rhodes ass

That means they have him captured, correct?

I was glad for the head fake to open the episode, but I’m sad we won’t be getting one for the end of it. 

I liked the scene between Fury and his wife