Marvel's Secret Invasion on Disney+

mdmost

49 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

So, the world is on the brink of WW3, and

Reveal hidden contents

Fury doesn’t call the Avengers?

That doesn’t make sense.

Didn’t they explain this?  They can’t risk the Skrulls getting their DNA.  (although it appears the Big Bad got a little Groot up in him.  

Tree branches, not tentacles. And the Avengers are no more. The entire building was destroyed in Endgame. The only Avenger on the world is Sam/Captain America. 

Pepper Potts has an iron man suit. Ant Man and the Wasp. Spider-Man. Dr Strange. Shuri. Fury has the Captain Marvel summoning device.

Any of those is better than calling lame ass Sam.

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

I’m really enjoying the Sonya character / actress. I hope they are able to keep her around 

They'll probably kill her off in the finale since this show really wants to kill off characters. And agree, she's been great on this show. 

I’ve decided this show is pretty bad.  Very little suspense, the plot twists aren’t particularly compelling nor are the stakes, and it’s shot in a manner that’s workmanlike at best.  It’s basically the Netflix Marvel series level quality but with sad Nick Fury.

Even in concept I think they misunderstand the basic appeal of Samuel L Jackson.  We want to see him and the character outsmart everyone, not wait until the last 30 minutes of programming to “wake up” and be a badass again.  

Agree with those above praising Olivia Colman-the energy in the scenes she’s in are like a whole different show.  

Interested to see how the Season Finale saves this shitty show. We are at risk of WW3 killing 10-100s of millions, the threat of an inter-species war which may lead to humanity's extinction, and it's not enough concern for Nick to call his superhero friends? And why didn't Nick just shoot fake Rodey at the hospital and let him turn back into a Skrull for all to see, especially the President? As of right now, add this to the growing list of post End Game Marvel shows and films which suck.

Did Marvel lose all their original writers? Marvel products are devolving to the shitty quality of Star Wars shows and movies.

Most of the new characters and storylines are hollow and uninteresting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, CooterBrown said:

The problem is that all the previous Marvel work led up to the ultimate threat and ending with Endgame.

The stakes can't be raised any longer no matter how hard they try.  

Yes. I think that's the biggest issue with post-Endgame MCU. It's just not as compelling as a guy who wanted to extinguish half of all life in the universe and succeeded. I think the Multiverse also makes things kinda cheap and low stakes. The deaths are all multiverse people like in the Wanda movie. Wanda herself probably isn't dead and even if she is, she'll be back in some fashion through the multiverse. I think Marvel needs to pivot back to the first few movies like Iron Man and Cap. It needs to be about the character and not the pending threat. 

I know people will probably crap on this opinion but I think what made Ms. Marvel interesting is it was all about the character and her family. The threat had a direct connection to her family. WandaVision worked because it was character driven. Loki, same. 

I'll go back to my issue with this show is Fury just seems to shrug off all the deaths of these people who were close to him. I get there's a larger threat but it still bugs me that Maria Hill's death was just kinda, well that happened and here's a fast scene with her mom with little emotion from SLJ. Coulson's death was handled so much better. Kinda feel like Disney is about to put a wrap on the Disney+ MCU. I guess we have Armor Wars on tap and eventually Daredevil but I doubt we see Ironheart or Echo and honestly, who is asking for that? 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

And why didn't Nick just shoot fake Rodey at the hospital and let him turn back into a Skrull for all to see, especially the President?

yeah that pissed me off. only reason I can think of is that some of the Secret Service agents are Skrulls and Fury knows this and they would have shot him. 

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I know people will probably crap on this opinion but I think what made Ms. Marvel interesting is it was all about the character and her family. The threat had a direct connection to her family. WandaVision worked because it was character driven. Loki, same. 

agree with this to a point. those were just better shows in general (except for the first three episodes of WandaVision which were horrible). some of the stuff in this show just doesn't make much sense.

and maybe the Kree had a point...

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yes. I think that's the biggest issue with post-Endgame MCU. It's just not as compelling as a guy who wanted to extinguish half of all life in the universe and succeeded. I think the Multiverse also makes things kinda cheap and low stakes. The deaths are all multiverse people like in the Wanda movie. Wanda herself probably isn't dead and even if she is, she'll be back in some fashion through the multiverse. I think Marvel needs to pivot back to the first few movies like Iron Man and Cap. It needs to be about the character and not the pending threat. 

I'll go back to my issue with this show is Fury just seems to shrug off all the deaths of these people who were close to him. I get there's a larger threat but it still bugs me that Maria Hill's death was just kinda, well that happened and here's a fast scene with her mom with little emotion from SLJ. Coulson's death was handled so much better. Kinda feel like Disney is about to put a wrap on the Disney+ MCU. I guess we have Armor Wars on tap and eventually Daredevil but I doubt we see Ironheart or Echo and honestly, who is asking for that? 

I'm not optimistic about Daredevil either as they didn't bring back any of the original stunt team or fight choreographers. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

There has to be an inside joke and bet going on at Disney Marvel to see who can create the shittiest movie or series. That's the only explanation for most of the shit since End Game.

Holy fuck that was BAD!!!!

I want hours of my life back.

They need to take a break from the shows and just stick to the movies. At least that’s only 8-10 hours or so a year.  Versus these shows that are 8-10 hours per season, 3 or 4x a year 

We all thought we get all kinds of kick ass shows from streaming especially for Star Wars and Marvel.

All we got is diluted, stupid, shit quality shows. I can't believe people read these scripts and green light the shows into production. 

Seriously, this whole series seems like a badly written GPT AI script.

Hey GPT chat, write me the most basic, stupid formulaic shit script you can write. Answer: Secret Invasion.

Edited by crash_davis

What a wet fart of a finale.  I'm usually pretty forgiving of Marvel stuff, but this was the definition of anti-climactic.  The Nick Fury faceoff with Gravik twist was badly telegraphed.  The locations for the final conflicts did not reflect the scale of the global stakes.  

It just felt like the story and production was severely limited by heavy budget constraints.  Every decision (other than the cast) was shaped by the question, "where can we cut corners and save some money?"

On 7/24/2023 at 11:50 AM, kevwun said:

I agree that the multi-verse was a bad choice in hindsight.  It's too complicated and doesn't work well as a long-term arc.

I don’t know, I thought Spider-Man/Dr Strange team-up used it perfectly.   What does that have to do with Secret Invasion, though?

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

All we got is diluted, stupid, shit quality shows. I can't believe people read these scripts and green light the shows into production. 

Loki and Hawkeye were both good.  I didn’t watch Ms Marvel and She Hulk appeared to be an ambitious miss (trying to make a 4th wall breaking comedy was at least an attempt at something different).  Wandavsion was very ambitious even if the climax was rather conventional.  

I think Secret Invasion is just very much lacking in vision and is super low energy for some reason.  

Shitty finale. I dislike the show but was hoping for some cool cameo or twist.

So you are telling me that a skrull can't detect that when another skrull is disguised?? Wtf.

Who cares about skrulls. Please don't make anymore shows about them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

I think it's telling that three days after broadcast few even care to comment on it. 

Let’s face it, Olivia Colman as Sonya was the best part and if she never appears again in the MCU, it would be a crime 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Pretty lackluster is probably the best I can give it. If I’m Marvel, the next best chance I get, is explain how super Giah found the Skrulls a new planet and they’ve all relocated and she will be the defender of that new planet. Then we never hear about them again. 

The only thing I’d take away from this is Olivia Coleman’s character. I don’t know how they use her (maybe against Val?), but she’s the best actor in the MCU and that character has promise. 

6 hours ago, Frieda’s Boss said:

Pretty lackluster is probably the best I can give it. If I’m Marvel, the next best chance I get, is explain how super Giah found the Skrulls a new planet and they’ve all relocated and she will be the defender of that new planet. Then we never hear about them again. 

The only thing I’d take away from this is Olivia Coleman’s character. I don’t know how they use her (maybe against Val?), but she’s the best actor in the MCU and that character has promise. 

Oh man. JLD vs Colman would be pretty amazing