Kansas State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Thomas at least had a tendency to see pitches and work some counts. I feel like he is closer than Flores at the plate to figuring things out. 

But going back to the original point, asking Thomas to go up there against a lefty like the one tonight is almost unfair.

Edited by Hookem2147

Flores doesn’t look good. But he did have a big hit last Friday. Thomas looks kinda comfortable at times, but he hasn’t had a multi game run of production. It does feel like maybe he’s getting it together, but it just hasn’t happened.

Not sure people remember the Augie years with the porous hitters at the bottom of those batting orders.

It’s just hard to be productive 1-9. Last year was a special kind of offense. Find the hot hand and ride em for that part of the order.

Pierce on Carlson after the game:

“Knowing [KSU starter] was eating up our lefties early, Jack was gonna lead off and I am not down on Jack at all, I just thought we got to give him a different look and TC [Tanner Carlson] steps up and gets a base hit. TC [Tanner Carlson] deserves that as he works so hard and then just to get a few more right handers in there and see if we can settle down.“

Also said this about Gordon:

“I thought it was gonna be one of those nights where we have to go to the pen early and I asked Lucas in the dugout and he said, coach, I have it. I got it, so I told him you better figure it out quick because right now it doesn't look like it, but he did a great job of settling down and getting back in the strike zone and comfortable again.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I consider myself a fan of Pierce and even I will acknowledge he is frustrating at times, but it’s beginning to be obvious that the dude is a great manager.

There’s a difference between being a manager and a coach. Pierce may not be in the cages tweaking guys swings or teaching guys grips on pitches, but he is really good at having a feel for his team and pushing the right buttons. 

Sometimes you want someone who is a manager over a coach in the head spot.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

He works nights and has a weird schedule. Might be passed out right now. 

Yeah it's like the best fucking job for me but it fucks up my days. I try to avoid our basketball and baseball scores and watch em at work during my downtime, which is pretty often. Really fits my lazy insomnia vibe I got going on

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I consider myself a fan of Pierce and even I will acknowledge he is frustrating at times, but it’s beginning to be obvious that the dude is a great manager.

There’s a difference between being a manager and a coach. Pierce may not be in the cages tweaking guys swings or teaching guys grips on pitches, but he is really good at having a feel for his team and pushing the right buttons. 

Sometimes you want someone who is a manager over a coach in the head spot.

Yeah he has his flaws but dammit, he has our team ready come conference play every damn year, excluding '19. DJ and Hamilton being injured preseaon ended our year before it even started. Well, we started off hot then our talent level showed the 2nd half of the year

Also, anyone got a pair of extra tix to tomorrows game? Free would be cool considering the amount of quality entertainment I bring to you glorious Doug Stanhope type scumbags 

side note: where the fuck is @B00M? He better not be flaking on us hanging with his family and all that crap 

Edited by Fletch

7 hours ago, Fletch said:

Fuck that noise. I like seeing the opposing team all cocky for a few innings before we inevitably rip their hearts out. 

Their starter who was striking everyone out for 7 innings was about the least demonstrative pitcher I’ve seen in this league, especially against us.  His manager kinda fucked him by leaving him in too long.  

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Their starter who was striking everyone out for 7 innings was about the least demonstrative pitcher I’ve seen in this league, especially against us.  His manager kinda fucked him by leaving him in too long.  

That's probably why his manager is coaching at Kansas State

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think he knew they didn’t have shit in the bullpen and his best shot was riding the starter as long as possible 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Is 127 pitches a lot?

6 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

Damn I fell asleep watching this at 5-1! Helluva come back win boys!

I like tearing the heart out of KState!

Passed out myself. Woke up at 2 am and see the final. Woohooo!

And thank God they didn’t pitch Gordon anymore so his arm wouldn’t fall off.

Edited by jw4381

1 hour ago, Hammerin Hank said:

I think he knew they didn’t have shit in the bullpen and his best shot was riding the starter as long as possible 

The guy they threw and their closer (Neighbors) are their two best relievers. I was shocked they didn’t turn straight to Neighbors for a 6 out save in that situation. He has a 1.33 ERA in 20 innings with 34 strikeouts.

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Oh, he pranced off the mound after his last full inning.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

The guy they threw and their closer (Neighbors) are their two best relievers. I was shocked they didn’t turn straight to Neighbors for a 6 out save in that situation. He has a 1.33 ERA in 20 innings with 34 strikeouts.

There's another guy(Mason Buss), whose numbers are decent. He had a bad game against Air Force, but otherwise has pitched ok. Oh, he started the Tuesday game. 

I'm going to assume they will have Galvan catch today and DH Guillemette, which makes me nervous since Galvan hasn't thrown out a baserunner all year. 

If there was a weekend to let Guillemette catch all 3 games, this is the one. Could also allow you to DH Carlson or Duplantier.

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

Oh, he pranced off the mound after his last full inning.

He has to know how bad that bullpen is, if I was him I certainly would not have been strutting. I probably would have been smoking a cig and shaking and telling the bullpen not to fucking blow this.

• Haha 1

I'm going to assume they will have Galvan catch today and DH Guillemette, which makes me nervous since Galvan hasn't thrown out a baserunner all year. 
If there was a weekend to let Guillemette catch all 3 games, this is the one. Could also allow you to DH Carlson or Duplantier.

Maybe that’s why Galvan started Tuesday.

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

For sure.  Craig Way's color guy last night  said on the radio feed ( I was carpooling kids all night, so went back and forth between LHN and radio) that he barely touched 90 all night.  That sling shot/catapult delivery gave us fits.  Stayed with him one inning too long, i thought for sure they would pull him after they stretched the lead...baffling to leave him in that weather and with a decent lead.

8 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Facing a RHP (thankfully) today. Fajardo: 5.24 ERA, 1-1 across eight starts. The ERA and 34.1 innings pitched tells me Texas should send him off early.

Screenshot2023-04-08at14_07_08.thumb.png.2124533aab89e60e69ed7d901ad46ba1.png

He wasn’t very good early in the year but has been better of late. Went 7 strong against WVU last week. 

Throws hard but is hittable.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He wasn’t very good early in the year but has been better of late. Went 7 strong against WVU last week. 

Throws hard but is hittable.

I'm guessing WV has a heavily RH line up, based on that and the beating they put on the Minnesota Dutchman.