Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Gotta findĀ an AD whoā€™s willing to hire Urbs.

It's hard for me to believe that anyone will be willing to fire a 9-3/10-2 regular season HC. Their schedule looks tough enough to lead to 7-5/6-6 if the team doesn't gel, but I wouldn't be blown away by a 10-2 team for SC.Ā 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's hard for me to believe that anyone will be willing to fire a 9-3/10-2 regular season HC. Their schedule looks tough enough to lead to 7-5/6-6 if the team doesn't gel, but I wouldn't be blown away by a 10-2 team for SC.Ā 

They better fire Helton now or heā€™s going to Les Miles himself into one more yearĀ 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Iā€™m for whatever outcome keeps Helton as the USC HC in perpetuity.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That one is actually pretty good. Well done. Blind squirrel finds the acorn every now and then, I suppose.

Ā 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Keep swinging, slugger

Was it really necessary to pile on with your sock, too?

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

aHEM

Ā 

Ā 

bxsasdoccaapuoo.0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Iā€™m for whatever outcome keeps Helton as the USC HC in perpetuity.

Ā 

Was it really necessary to pile on with your sock, too?

Ā 

bxsasdoccaapuoo.0.jpg

Steve Patterson? No way! That guy sucked as AD of Texas.

2 stars out of 5 stars on 247 scale. Low ceiling, low floor.

46 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

For those to lazy to click, FSU and Houston are in the mix.

Ā 

The article had no substance. Both writers were just speculating. Rivals is turning into 247 with the worthless articles that shouldn't be written due to having nothing of substance.Ā 

50 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

^^^^
That was the guy who wanted to major in engineering here, and then ended up not qualifying academically, correct?

I feel bad for these academics non qualifiers that are good peopleĀ Ā otherwise.Ā  Seriously has to be embarrassing and humiliating to some extent to have everyone know you just don't have the academic stones to get into a good college.Ā 

Every year guys like Carson,Ā  the navasota wr (did he ever get on a major campus?) And the tubby bama DT commit from Killeen seem to never be heard from again. All have their own stories of course. I don't remember if Miller was a problem or not but I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about him.Ā  Please correct me if I'm wrong.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

19 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I feel bad for these academics non qualifiers that are good peopleĀ Ā otherwise.Ā  Seriously has to be embarrassing and humiliating to some extent to have everyone know you just don't have the academic stones to get into a good college...Ā  Ā  All have their own stories of course. I don't remember if Miller was a problem or not but I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about him.Ā  Please correct me if I'm wrong.Ā 

Good kid, just couldn't qualify for Texas.Ā  Hope he does great elsewhere!!

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2017/8/18/16171440/damion-miller-texas-longhorns-ineligible-academics-enrollment

Edited by LTtxfan

9 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

I feel bad for these academics non qualifiers that are good peopleĀ Ā otherwise.Ā  Seriously has to be embarrassing and humiliating to some extent to have everyone know you just don't have the academic stones to get into a good college.Ā 

Every year guys like Carson,Ā  the navasota wr (did he ever get on a major campus?) And the tubby bama DT commit from Killeen seem to never be heard from again. All have their own stories of course. I don't remember if Miller was a problem or not but I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about him.Ā  Please correct me if I'm wrong.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Tren'Davion Dickson qualified out of HS and got into Baylor as an early enrollee so I don't think he deserves to be lumped in with non qualifiers. He transferred to Houston after the sexual assault stuff become public, but dropped out during fall camp. He is now at Texas Southern and had a decent season last year.

16 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Tren'Davion Dickson qualified out of HS and got into Baylor as an early enrollee so I don't think he deserves to be lumped in with non qualifiers. He transferred to Houston after the sexual assault stuff become public, but dropped out during fall camp. He is now at Texas Southern and had a decent season last year.

I only have two things to add.Ā 

1) That is a name I havenā€™t heard in a very long time.Ā 

2) I went to his 247 page and the first associated article (may not be about him) was from Perroni in 2016 titled ā€œWATCH: 4-star A&M commit celebrates too early, pays the priceā€

Ā 

Couldnā€™t have asked for s better encapsulation.Ā 

3 hours ago, rvm96 said:

My bad.Ā  It was a few years ago and couldn't remember all the details.Ā 

6 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

I only have two things to add.Ā 

1) That is a name I havenā€™t heard in a very long time.Ā 

2) I went to his 247 page and the first associated article (may not be about him) was from Perroni in 2016 titled ā€œWATCH: 4-star A&M commit celebrates too early, pays the priceā€

Ā 

Couldnā€™t have asked for s better encapsulation.Ā 

Well he was a UT ommit at one timeĀ