Justified: City Primeval

Parliament

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

Speaking of packages, that Clement guy has a huge one.   I think I love him after he wiggled it around dancing to Kokomo. 

They really want us to notice since he’s always in his undies.

I feel like they want us to like the girl but she’s helping a murdering sociopath. Also, turn on some damn lights. The original wasn’t shot so dark. 

Episide 4 gives us what we expect out of Raylan Givins.  A sit-down with the Albanian boss, telling them other Albanians to eff off from chasing that lawyer.  Just need Raylan to shoot a couple of these guys.  Eastern european white trash always make great bad guys.

ETA

Other than the weird romance with the lawyer.  Nothing against her but she isn't Raylan's type.  She's not crazy.  Or hot.

Edited by Parliament

The lady lawyer is right up there with Mags Bennett in the looks department. No way in hell Elmore Leonard would have Raylan not just banging that but seemingly chasing it. Sandy would be the one? If less homicidal-friendly and more golden hearted like Ava.

I keep trying to forget the masterpiece of the original and look at this on it’s own. Compare it to other lesser shows. And it still ain’t that good. Hope it gets better.

i caught up on it last night.  didn't really like the first episode (the mechanisms that brought raylan to detroit in the first place felt completely contrived), but have liked each subsequent episode more and more.  i agree that the daughter was the weakest point in the show.  i'm sure we'll see her again, but hopefully we're done with her until the end.  

raylan givens is a role timothy olyphant was born to play and watching him do so can make up for pretty much any negatives a show has going for it.  and like i said, i think this one is getting better episode by episode.  

On 8/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, Texzilla58 said:

The lady lawyer is right up there with Mags Bennett in the looks department. No way in hell Elmore Leonard would have Raylan not just banging that but seemingly chasing it.

raymond cruz might have though.

So far no one is a complex character like a Boyd, Wynn Duffie, Dewey Crow, Katherine Hale or Avery Markham.

And it looks like they’ve already revealed the twists in the plot. Wife has bailed and restarted watching the original.

We’re rewatching the original in between weekly new episodes. We appreciated it as we watched the first time around. Reassuring to see that it’s actually better than we even realized

S1E13 …. Holy shit

On 8/4/2023 at 8:00 AM, Texzilla58 said:

The lady lawyer is right up there with Mags Bennett in the looks department. No way in hell Elmore Leonard would have Raylan not just banging that but seemingly chasing it. Sandy would be the one? If less homicidal-friendly and more golden hearted like Ava.

I keep trying to forget the masterpiece of the original and look at this on it’s own. Compare it to other lesser shows. And it still ain’t that good. Hope it gets better.

10 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

raymond cruz might have though.

The actress doesn't really match Elmore Leonard's description

12 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

We’re rewatching the original in between weekly new episodes. We appreciated it as we watched the first time around. Reassuring to see that it’s actually better than we even realized

S1E13 …. Holy shit

Somehow we never watched the original. Started on it last week. Finished Season 1 last night. Very entertaining. 

39 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Somehow we never watched the original. Started on it last week. Finished Season 1 last night. Very entertaining. 

It only gets better.  It is unquestionably in the top 0.1% of tv series ever made.  One last tip....before you watch the Series Finale...go back and watch the Pilot first, followed immediately by the Finale.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I’m hoping Raylan is banging this most unRaylantype defense attorney because he thinks she is the lynchpin on cracking the case. Otherwise this behavior is just not Givens like. Flowers. Dinner. The “judges book” storyline is not moving. We’ll finish it.

We’re also rewatching the original for about the 6th time. This one doesn’t compare at all. The original is our favorite show of all time.

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

It only gets better.  It is unquestionably in the top 0.1% of tv series ever made.  One last tip....before you watch the Series Finale...go back and watch the Pilot first, followed immediately by the Finale.

"Next one's comin' faster."

The original was one of the best shows ever.  This, not so much.  The whole "you can't go home again" theme of the original is so much better that the "fish out of water" theme of this one. The original's characters were much more interesting.  And any show that has Neil Mcdonough in it as a psycho bad guy is probably going to be awesome.  Great underrated character actor.  

I ve not read the book for City primeval. However the writing in this show just doesn’t compare to the original. The characters are one dimensional and the villain is just a psychopath without any depth that every bad guy on the original had in some measure. But for Raylan most of the acting is wooden. Vondie Curtis Hall has been playing the same character since ER. But we’ll carry on to the end.

9 hours ago, Deej said:

This show made me start watching the original series again for the upteenth million time. Walt Goggins is such a great fucking actor. 

I have a friend that looks exactly like Goggins, but won’t embrace it. Maybe, Baby Billy gets him out of his shell. I’m hoping he takes his kiddos trick or treating as an oyster. 

image.thumb.jpeg.144c962b812bc9934f0b3d0733fba4ee.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Parliament said:

Two minutes into Episode 5.  I'm out.

Hide contents

He boinked that lawyer.  Raylan Givins is settling for slump-busters.

19 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

In what world does Raylan in Tim McGraw shape bang that hog attorney?

Last episode was the worst so far. But shout out to David Cross for securing the bag. 

this show is just glorifying the blantons demand on the secondary market.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/11/2023 at 11:39 PM, TOR said:

Caught up on 4 and 5 tonight.  Somebody please make it make sense.

lol. just watched the last ep. wtf.  I thought they were hinting at him having a thing for her with the whole daughter sending her a drink at the bar. But I was like nah no way Detroit has better options....like Detroit style pizza.  

Aside from that random love interest, this show is losing me.  Raylan hasn't done shit. And that annoying "villain" remains on the streets getting away with everything.

this thing is getting stupider by the minute. 

I know everyone rags on Detroit, but even the dumbest DPD homicide officer would have zero fucking issue FOLLOWING the fucking dude you suspect of committing 8 fucking murders after he, yet again, manages to escape being arrested.  

Even Gotti didnt get away with it everytime.   This clown just basically tells a marshal to his face that he killed a federal judge and no one even bothered to try to arrest him for that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This episode was practically unwatchable. The stupid romance with the attorney. Her showing up at his hotel; him going to her house again. The goofy plot to have a takedown in public in a crowded park full of kids of a known cold blooded murderer. Parked on the street way off from that fountain. Playing shit on an ancient boombox. Sweety’s little double cross was stupid.

I mean, you got a prosector that’s good with just shooting folks. My wife said “just shoot him in the head!” Made no sense. Shitty writing.

I’m telling y’all that redhead cop, Maureen, is crooked and has been tipping of Mansell.

I’m really liking it. And I like the bad idea romance.

Raylan has always been a white knight for a damsel who has a good heart but is up to her neck in shit and surrounded by criminals.

This one just isn’t white and thin.

Winona
Ava
Lindsay
Jackie Nevada
Loretta McReady

Carolyn is 100% the type of woman Raylan goes for.

Sorry but she’s not. Raylan wouldn’t put up with the bullshit from Carolyn; Sandy is his type. Country girl, hot, great legs. Sweet with a bit of larceny in her heart. Raylan bringing flowers and hanging around like a lost pup with Carolyn is just sorry ass writing. Besides it fucks up his case if it goes to trial; his dumbass sent Ava to prison while freeing Boyd.

Glad to see fuckibg sweety all dead. Vondie Curtis hall has been playing the same character since ER.

E6 last night was horrible writing. Everyone is a dumbass except Clement.

Sorry but she’s not. Raylan wouldn’t put up with the bullshit from Carolyn; Sandy is his type. Country girl, hot, great legs. Sweet with a bit of larceny in her heart. Raylan bringing flowers and hanging around like a lost pup with Carolyn is just sorry ass writing. Besides it fucks up his case if it goes to trial; his dumbass sent Ava to prison while freeing Boyd.

Glad to see fuckibg sweety all dead. Vondie Curtis hall has been playing the same character since ER.

E6 last night was horrible writing. Everyone is a dumbass except Clement.

lol Raylan didn’t buy her flowers.

Clement sent them to Raylan to taunt him and he brought them to Carolyn as an excuse to see her and get information.

Writers don’t realize how loud gunfire is.

Show feels off, Raylan seems a bit tame. The DPD is pretty casual about trying to paint match a dead judges car with the SUV. Maybe that part is realistic.

Lon had a great plan, stab a man in public vs. tail and kill him at some more opportune time. I guess that is why he went to prison, cause he dumb.