2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Not sure about an alpha.  He played like he was scared of being hit.  Maybe it’s because he was banged up.  But Murphy was very contact shy.  Despite being built like a DE.  

I thought the same thing, with his physique he should be able to shrug off contact and not throw off his back foot consistently.

That being said, I wish him success wherever he goes. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He plays a priority position that is already saturated in the market that has limited spots available. It will only have more entrants as bowl games end. It is in his best interest to enter the portal now even with a 5 day window for playoff teams existing so that he can get his official interest from perspective teams and to take visits. Good luck to him and his future and there is no reason to shit on him for making this decision. Hell there isn't really even much room to debate this. 

Agreed, there are over 60 QBs in the portal currently. That is enough for half of FBS to get new QBs, no way he can wait.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

DustyDvoracek (@DustyDvoracek) / X

He's weirdly pro-Texas when he's on call. It sucks, but I can't hate the guy for being an alcoholic and beating his friend half to death. I'm sure he thinks about it often, and I have no doubts he feels like the biggest asshole who ever walked the earth, even if he already had that distinction of being a land thief 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Neto is the higher upside guy at LG, and Hutson is much more likely to get playing time as a 6th swing IOL than Neto and could even take over at C if Majors decides to leave. I think we can hold on to both of them. Then you have Hayden Conner serving as the swing backup OT. A true 7 man rotation unless someone emerges like Trevor Goosby at LT or Brandon Baker at RT.  

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

Neto is the higher upside guy at LG, and Hutson is much more likely to get playing time as a 6th swing IOL than Neto. I think we can hold on to both of them. Then you have Hayden Conner serving as the swing backup LT. A true 7 man rotation unless someone emerges like Trevor Goosby at LT or Brandon Baker at RT.  

Probably some wishcasting to think Hayden Conner is just going to happily go from starting 28 straight games at guard to backup swing tackle. Just like it's probably wishcasting to think Neto will happily sit on the bench for the 3rd straight year.

Will be interesting to see it play out. We got some first world OL problems we would have killed for 10 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 9

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's weirdly pro-Texas when he's on call. 

Oh he is until the game gets tight.  Then he becomes a blowu fanboy bitch.  UT gets away with a questionable late hit, "How can you not call that??!!  That was brutal!!!!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Probably some wishcasting to think Hayden Conner is just going to happily go from starting 28 straight games at guard to backup swing tackle. Just like it's probably wishcasting to think Neto will happily sit on the bench for the 3rd straight year.

Will be interesting to see it play out. We got some first world OL problems we would have killed for 10 years ago.

I fully expect Neto to win the role this season at LG. He was piledriving mofos this year when he actually got in the games, and as long as he is a capable pass blocker he represents a huge upgrade over what we had this year. Conner is not an NFL lineman, so if he gets passed and doesn't like it, then he can leave but moving him to tackle has been discussed already. 

• Hook 'Em 5

He's weirdly pro-Texas when he's on call. It sucks, but I can't hate the guy for being an alcoholic and beating his friend half to death. I'm sure he thinks about it often, and I have no doubts he feels like the biggest asshole who ever walked the earth, even if he already had that distinction of being a land thief 
Agreed. I feel dirty saying it, but Dvorcek and his partner (forgot his name), are likely favorite commentary team
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Agreed. I feel dirty saying it, but Dvorcek and his partner (forgot his name), are likely favorite commentary team

I'd submit you need to listen more closely.  Dave Pasch openly pulls against us in those broadcasts on every close call.  He was also openly politicking us getting in the playoffs.  He's a hater.

• Hook 'Em 6

I'd submit you need to listen more closely.  Dave Pasch openly pulls against us in those broadcasts on every close call.  He was also openly politicking us getting in the playoffs.  He's a hater.
I don't generally see (or care about) the "bias" you guys frequently report. I like that they are informative, don't blow out my ear drums with over the top exuberance (looking at you Gus and Fowler), or try to shoehorn 13 "words I just looked up in the dictionary" into every sentence (Mark Jones)
  • Hook 'Em 4

49 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Oh he is until the game gets tight.  Then he becomes a blowu fanboy bitch.  UT gets away with a questionable late hit, "How can you not call that??!!  That was brutal!!!!"

This.  

He starts each broadcast with calm, flowery, scripted praise for Texas.  

But if the game is tight in the 4Q, he excitedly reacts in an anti-Texas way to every single important play (score, spot of the ball, possession of the ball, penalty, etc).  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Andre Ware and Spencer Tillman are also.  

Rod Gilmore loves to pump up a random stat all game long and really lean into it if Texas is in a close game. It is so obvious he is hoping for the upset. Example: Charlie Brewer didn't get a Texas offer!

• Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.