2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Of which he is one. 

there can be more than one moore at a time, fellas. 

Moore is absolutely awful and is a product of a terrible initial ranking by the services. Now because of that ranking, he is considered a top player in the portal. I am not even sure he is a P5 QB. He would probably do himself a favor and go find a really good coach at a G5 like Traylor or Kinne and give himself the best chance of putting good film out there.  

40 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Andre Ware and Spencer Tillman are also.  

Got to give credit to Andre Ware for being completely unafraid of being wrong and then absolutely unwilling to learn from his mistakes.

If there's a replay in a Texans game, he routinely predicts the wrong outcome.

Basically his color commentary is like looking at a photo negative.

18 hours ago, Lou Loomis said:

Can’t wait to beat a Maalik-led USC in next year’s CFP title game.

Hilarious you think Lincoln is taking that program anywhere. He had a Heisman QB and went 7-5, and got abused by every team on their schedule. I don't think him getting into shootouts will help their defense breathe, even if the former UCLA DC is good. Lincoln has been exposed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Junior Bonner said:

So, I’m guessing I should go to the Sportscaster Review Thread to find transfer news… 

Calm down, there’s no real news at the moment.  Complaining about and laughing at Tim Brando is infinitely better than the tired masochistic detours this board takes from time to time.  Unless you want to relive “borderline erotic” and “Roland Jones” while someone reposts a tweet that Jaggy McJaggerson from Kent State has entered the transfer portal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The mystery visitor being Caldwell would make the most sense if the grades thing isn't an issue. 

Position of need, very good player, rumored as a target, and could visit with Golden. 

Bobby said this morning that the mystery visitor was a high school recruit. Unless I am missing a super duper secret squirrel mystery transfer visitor in addition to said super duper secret squirrel mystery high school visitor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Vertigo said:

Bobby said this morning that the mystery visitor was a high school recruit. Unless I am missing a super duper secret squirrel mystery transfer visitor in addition to said super duper secret squirrel mystery high school visitor. 

The mystery high school visitor is for this weekend. There is a mystery transfer portal visitor that was supposed to visit today.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I assume the academics things may have been worked out? Can't see them wasting his or our time on a visit if not.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

....so is Caldwell visiting?

@Getafix

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The mystery visitor being Caldwell would make the most sense if the grades thing isn't an issue. 

Position of need, very good player, rumored as a target, and could visit with Golden. 

So sorry ... wrong info on Caldwell.  He's returning to Houston.  Corrected that within a few seconds, but dang, you guys are quick.

My sentiments:

I Am Sorry Hello GIF by Adele Apologize Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel milindmehta sad crying sorry please GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

5 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I am quite puzzled as to why a portal visitor would need to be kept a secret. Other than maybe the visitor being currently in the portal but not yet public knowledge?

As referenced above, it’s a recruit. My bet is it’s a recruit that the staff doesn’t want leaked so the school he’s committed to doesn’t try to cancel the visit. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

As referenced above, it’s a recruit. My bet is it’s a recruit that the staff doesn’t want leaked so the school he’s committed to tries to cancel the visit. 

I don't think it's a recruit man.....Bobby specifically said the mystery HS recruit is coming this weekend. The mystery portal transfer visit is for today.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, bullzak said:

So OU has been buying players since the leather helmet days but now that its out in the open and anyone can do it they are uber conservative to where it makes them non-competitive? I call bullshit. 

It is not that difficult to understand. When only a small faction of rogue schools is paying illegally you have a low supply and demand. Now that everyone can pay legally, the supply and demand curve changes. Texas fans used to joke about how we knew we weren't cheating, because if we were we would never lose a recruit to another team, obviously that was hyperbole, but it's getting pretty fucking close. Moving forward, I don't think Texas is going to lose a guy from the HS or portal that Sarkisian has prioritized because of NIL.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

The secret HS visitor is Justin Willams.  Why not?

If it doesn't need to be made public, there is likely a good reason why. The recruit is likely committed elsewhere and one they've been trying to flip for a while.

No idea on why the portal visitor would be kept quiet unless it could impact someone currently committed or already on the team. Sark and co seem to be pretty open with their guys about who they pursue though.

3 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

With Matthew Golden looking like a lock to UT, do y'all still think Baron Browning from Kentucky will be the 2nd portal WR that UT takes? With UT losing 3 bigger body X WRs after this season to the portal & NFL Draft, you'd think UT would want a portal WR in that mold.

Barion Brown.  I think you get the best players available regardless of mold.  

ETA: Ryan Wingo is the big body X if you need one.

Edited by Plorant

11 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

With Matthew Golden looking like a lock to UT, do y'all still think Baron Browning from Kentucky will be the 2nd portal WR that UT takes? With UT losing 3 bigger body X WRs after this season to the portal & NFL Draft, you'd think UT would want a portal WR in that mold.

8 minutes ago, Plorant said:

8 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Doesn't Ryan Wingo fit that mold?

Yeah, but UT would be depending on true Freshmen (Wingo & Livingstone) to fill that role.

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Ketch -- what's the back story behind your Twitter avatar? It's fucking weird.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 153210.png

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

It really is ketch, everyone! Not only is he here trying to crowdsource his own job, but he doesn't even know how to spell a recruit's name. Fat fuck. 

17 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Don't do his job for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

32 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

STFU 

32 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

aghra1fuagwkflv74agp.jpg

hey Ketch - go work your "sources" again. this is Baron Browning. he is a LB for the Broncos, who was a 5* in the 2017 who went to Ohio State before getting drafted in the 3rd round of the NFL draft in 2021.

Barion Brown is a Kentucky WR who was just named a first team all american by the sporting news as a kick returner and who is not in the portal at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.