2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

18 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I think Georgia is the comparison because he is comparing the last other team to win a National Championship, and how they've parlayed that into continued success on paying coaches, assistants, NIL, etc.

And yet here is poor old Michigan, less than a month out from a National Championship, and all of the pets' heads are falling off.

Screenshot_20240129_144218_X.thumb.jpg.82150196c0130d275b7f5ddd908ffebe.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I wonder if there’s actually any intel regarding Grant and/or Texas and Oregon, or simply the obvious insta follows of Sark/Sweat and Lanning. May just be some guy pulling out his homemade Jump to Conclusions mat.

Not sure, but rumor from Bama is that Forest Gump has entered the portal.

3 minutes ago, hornian said:

I don’t mind this site sometimes
The insights you can glean
I can taste the chicken fried steaks
And smell them through my screen
Pepper and cream gravy
Posted by a bunch of tools
Who’ll never know how our NIL
Stacks up with other schools

IMG_8903.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 1

if we get Michigan's best DT(s) to transfer and then we roll into Ann Arbor and beat the wolverines, we need to start renaming buildings on campus, imo. 

Darrell K Royal–Texas ONE FUND Memorial Stadium

we can change little field fountain to close to jumping fountain. 

image.thumb.png.ca040836b27a6095e97e2305af8ba3a8.png

seriously, thanks to everyone helping behind the scenes with the nil efforts. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alphahydro said:

if we get Michigan's best DT(s) to transfer and then we roll into Ann Arbor and beat the wolverines, we need to start renaming buildings on campus, imo. 

Darrell K Royal–Texas ONE FUND Memorial Stadium

we can change little field fountain to close to jumping fountain. 

image.thumb.png.ca040836b27a6095e97e2305af8ba3a8.png

seriously, thanks to everyone helping behind the scenes with the nil efforts. 

30 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Did you try to post the worst picture of Littlefield Fountain ever taken?  If so, solid effort.

Username does not check out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cochamps got with CTJ
Hornius found a squeeze
Who was sharing Cochamp's outlook
On the topic of French cheese
Texifornia found a linebacker 
Hornlover found a Lexxus
They were all in love with 'crootin'
They were doing it in Texas
Roll left played with rankings
Like a kid out without a brain
Then a 5-star from East Texas
Fell unconscious in a train
They were all in love with crootin'
Til they lost a good companion
In their clowncar full of posters
Careening towards the canyon 
I saw this quoted and had to find the original for rep. Bravo good sir, I get that reference
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, ousux said:

I saw this quoted and had to find the original for rep. Bravo good sir, I get that reference emoji122.pngemoji122.png

I had to get it out of my brain. Every time I see "careening towards the canyon" on the thread title I hear that $*%$*@# song in my mind. I mean, I like to song, but I've been reading "careening towards the canyon" in that  Butthole Surfer voice.  So hopefully by writing it out it's been cast into the abyss. 

But this? THIS is magnificent!

Pepper and cream gravy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I know it’s probably scarce but does Boston College have anyone on the defensive line we’d be interested in?

He’s leaving Boston College to be DC for Green Bay. 

Their QB Castellanos is probably an NFL talent at RB or slot receiver. He makes defenders look stupid with his legs, and himself look stupid with his arm.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

No sarcasm. My own homie-bias aside the dude makes some ridiculous plays. Someone should want him in the portal.

I'd like to see him do it against real competition and not Northern Illinois. I believe you, I just want to see if the tree bears the same fruit again, say, Clemson. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'd like to see him do it against real competition and not Northern Illinois. I believe you, I just want to see if the tree bears the same fruit again, say, Clemson. 

I was at their game against FSU and he was electric against a very talented defense. Looked like VY out there relative to the rest of the BC offense.

IMG_3671.thumb.jpeg.e464cc94044aa4df0b2cf8b170e5bc3a.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

I was at their game against FSU and he was electric against a very talented defense. Looked like VY out there relative to the rest of the BC offense.

Impressive, especially considering FSU's defense was legit. Appreciate you providing proof. But, VY he was not. Vince actually took down every team he played, including the best team ever assembled. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 9:37 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I had to get it out of my brain. Every time I see "careening towards the canyon" on the thread title I hear that $*%$*@# song in my mind. I mean, I like to song, but I've been reading "careening towards the canyon" in that  Butthole Surfer voice.  So hopefully by writing it out it's been cast into the abyss. 

But this? THIS is magnificent!

Pepper and cream gravy

I don’t mind the song, sometimes 

3 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Look, I watched the game and he was great in it for the most part. No doubt there. That considered, do not make comparisons to Vince Young this lightly, please. That's a galactic stretch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Look, I watched the game and he was great in it for the most part. No doubt there. That considered, do not make comparisons to Vince Young this lightly, please. That's a galactic stretch.

He’s exactly like Vince Young if VY was a slightly worse QB and was 5’9 and half-puerto rican. Besides all that they’re the same player. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wasn’t a direct comparison, just hyperbolizing the lack of talent from the rest of the offense. Guess a better one would be that he looked like CTJ out there relative to a bunch of Mailbox357s.

29 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Wasn’t a direct comparison, just hyperbolizing the lack of talent from the rest of the offense. Guess a better one would be that he looked like CTJ out there relative to a bunch of Mailbox357s.

– as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos, it will be a home run. And so that will make it a 4–0 ballgame.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

The better would be…

it’s like watching Tyrone Swoopes at Whitewright, he’s doing everything. 

Fuck, he even just kicked the ball! Someone tell JT Barrett to lose my number.

• Rage+1 6

5 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Wasn't this FSU's "flu game?" I though it was reported something went around the entire team that week and half the team needed IVs that morning. 

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I think this guy was acquitted oddly enough.

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He was found not guilty. He was a specimen 

I think that I might have known that, but he's the most recognizable player from that era.

23 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Thanks for making me feel really old with mid 90s music being oldies.

In the mid 90s, music from the late 60s and early 70s was classic rock.  Take that 25-30 year time period, apply it to 2024, and what year do you come up with?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

25 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Thanks for making me feel really old with mid 90s music being oldies.

That was the point of the joke.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In the mid 90s, music from the late 60s and early 70s was classic rock.  Take that 25-30 year time period, apply it to 2024, and what year do you come up with?

It really hit home to me when I was flipping through, and a Houston Classic Rock station started playing Nirvana and Submline. 

Folks need to accept that we're old. Don't be that old motherfucker in his 50's wearing Ed Hardy and only lifting upper body muscle groups so they can look bad ass wearing some affliction jeans because they think that makes them still look young and cool. 

Yes, I realize that about 30% of this board is now probably doing the fucking eye side to side gif. As they should. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I saw Sublime with Rome this summer. I was drunk on a blanket at an outdoor venue. Rome Ramirez made some comment about the people in their 40s & 50s in the crowd. The early 20s kid setting right next to me booed. I looked at him and said, "These songs came out before you were born. Why are you here? Is there any artist from your lifetime that doesn't suck?" He had a sense of humor about things, which is good, because he could have knocked my old ass out if things got nasty. The moral of the story is this, I'll never get over the Oilers playoff collapse in Buffalo in 1993. All of the overpriced drinks at retro concerts in the world won't fix things. So, I'm alone. Always will be. I work a bit. I eat a lot of Chinese food. I listen to some podcasts. I'm just biding my time, occasionally shaving my back, waiting for the heart attack that puts me out of my misery. 

That took an odd turn. But I’m good with it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

I saw Sublime with Rome this summer. I was drunk on a blanket at an outdoor venue. Rome Ramirez made some comment about the people in their 40s & 50s in the crowd. The early 20s kid setting right next to me booed. I looked at him and said, "These songs came out before you were born. Why are you here? Is there any artist from your lifetime that doesn't suck?" He had a sense of humor about things, which is good, because he could have knocked my old ass out if things got nasty. The moral of the story is this, I'll never get over the Oilers playoff collapse in Buffalo in 1993. All of the overpriced drinks at retro concerts in the world won't fix things. So, I'm alone. Always will be. I work a bit. I eat a lot of Chinese food. I listen to some podcasts. I'm just biding my time, occasionally shaving my back, waiting for the heart attack that puts me out of my misery. 

This is grim, but entertaining. And bizarre. 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.