2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

I've accepted that we're probably gonna lose a dude who we would have expected to be part of the rotation soon.

I'll be surprised if Sydir Mitchell is on the team in the fall. Thinking another DT like a Broughton will bail after the spring game too. Collins will play a lot at 3 tech so he's not going anywhere. Same with Bledsoe. These dudes they're bringing in are all 0 or 1 gap run stopping beef. 

It's surprising to me Savion Red is still on the team. If he's still here in the fall it's gotta be because Sark has a plan for a ballooned up FB who can catch the ball. 

22 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I'll be surprised if Sydir Mitchell is on the team in the fall. Thinking another DT like a Broughton will bail after the spring game too. Collins will play a lot at 3 tech so he's not going anywhere. Same with Bledsoe. These dudes they're bringing in are all 0 or 1 gap run stopping beef. 

It's surprising to me Savion Red is still on the team. If he's still here in the fall it's gotta be because Sark has a plan for a ballooned up FB who can catch the ball. 

I really hope Sydir stays because you can't teach 6'6" 370.  If he can get his mind right, he has the size to be one hell of a 0 or 1 tech.  But won't lose too much sleep, because I know trust the coaches to find a replacement.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Sydir would really kill it if he got down to 330

43 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I think the problem is we can't teach him to get down to and stay at 350.

Perhaps, but Sweat played at almost 370, so it can be done.

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Sydir would really kill it if he got down to 330

I think that's the problem. He doesn't have the drive, focus, or desire to get down to 330. Until/If he ever gets motivated to be great he won't be good enough to play at this level

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The defense of him as a coach is like the Strong support towards the end, having nothing to do with his qualification as a head coach.

The difference is Strong was a likable guy. Deion is a huge prick and attention whore

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Decommited from Texas, right? 

Fuck around and find out, I guess. 

I could be remembering wrong, but I think he was Sark’s first ever commitment. Wasn't he the guy that committed after the Bama NC right after we hired him?

Also I’m not sure how hard we were pushing for him to stay committed by the end. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I could be remembering wrong, but I think he was Sark’s first ever commitment. Wasn't he the guy that committed after the Bama NC right after we hired him?

Also I’m not sure how hard we were pushing for him to stay committed by the end. 

Well he decommitted during a game we won so yea that never sat well with the staff

37 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

He committed during halftime of that NC game. 

What is irritating about your first post is the way you indicate that "they" have conveyed to someone, maybe only you, that that guy is the target. All Gerry did, in a generic portal thread, was state that Arkansas' stud punter was in the portal. That doesn't immediately indicate that he's thinking Texas is in on the guy. Christ.

e3c0e5d5c68a9e1e8fa833becc62d61e.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

image.png.85b3279c6c2040e58822294468579081.png

12 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

lol, one of these things is not like the other ones…

I wonder if A&M gives out small bags just to make a player,s list. It's a cheap way to see themselves among the elite, and it builds their incredible, amazing brand!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Going 3 for 3 on the transfer DT’s would make the IT handwringing on Baker look completely regarded. 

I guess…if they transfer here I don’t think it’ll be because of Kenny Baker but I guess we can credit him for not scaring them off, either.  

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Going 3 for 3 on the transfer DT’s would make the IT handwringing on Baker look completely regarded. 

I don’t see what Baker has to do with landing these three tackles. They are all connected to Nansen and NIL is doing the rest of the work. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.