2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2

5 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Ozempic is associated with muscle depletion and bone density loss. Do you really want that for an athlete?

so is obese weight loss in general.

• Hook 'Em 3

I have to think that two teams know better than the others just how good Williams is, and what kind of difference he can make-Texas and OU, from playing TCU the past two years. If Texas feels we really need him, I’m sure we will get him. 

(I can’t believe I am actually making what amounts to a “trust the coaches” post). 

Just now, statsman said:

I have to think that two teams know better than the others just how good Williams is, and what kind of difference he can make-Texas and OU, from playing TCU the past two years. If Texas feels we really need him, I’m sure we will get him. 

(I can’t believe I am actually making what amounts to a “trust the coaches” post). 

Yes, Bo Davis and LSU are ignorant of his potential impact. Good post. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yes, Bo Davis and LSU are ignorant of his potential impact. Good post. 

Oh, did Bo coach guys that played against him, and can compare to the tackles he already has? You don’t think Kyle Flood knows how his comparative value better?

Here is the list of Bo Davis recruits who have made an impact, or even played much, since he arrived with Sark:

I mean,  he did a good job coaching up Giles's recruits, and I really hope January or someone breaks the O-fer streak, but for a guy that has/had a reputation as a war daddy recruiter, it's been pretty bleak.  When you have been outrecruited by Oscar Giles, it is time to look in the mirror.

So on the topic of transfers, fuck that guy.

• Hook 'Em 3

247 Williams Decision Preview: Bit more optimistic which I don't trust but 🤷‍♂️

With visits to Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, and LSU in the books, a decision is on deck for TCU defensive line transfer Damonic Williams. The No. 10 overall interior defensive lineman, per the 247Sports Transfer Portal Rankings, has been targeting a midweek decision, meaning an announcement could come Wednesday or Thursday. 

Horns247 has been actively checking with sources as to where things stand between the four programs in contention, and there has not been a general consensus to this point. 

One source close to the situation felt that Oklahoma was going to be the pick. The Sooners were believed to be the early favorite and got the first crack at Williams on campus the weekend before last. OU also offered Williams' little brother, Joshua, a 2027 edge rusher. There's been consistent communication between the Sooners and Williams since he left Norman and there's plenty of reason to believe Oklahoma could be the pick. 

That brings us to Texas. There was Twitter buzz, and even a report that Williams' camp discredited, that the Longhorns were the favorite coming out of the official visit to the Forty Acres last week. While we noted the visit certainly helped Texas' chances, there wasn't a great read on where things actually stood. We know Texas needs another interior defensive lineman and we know there are plenty of factors working in the Longhorns' favor, but beyond that the Williams camp has kept things close to the vest. 

A source on Tuesday evening relayed to Horns247 that there was cautious optimism surrounding Texas' chances, but it wasn't over. A separate source told Horns247 on Tuesday morning that the Longhorns have been viewed as the top threat to LSU entering Williams' trip to Baton Rouge. 

Bottom line: this is a really tough one to read. And one we probably can't make an overly confident prediction on. Texas wants Williams and will gladly add him to the fold if he joins. If not, as we reported, the staff is working on Michigan State defensive line transfers Simeon Barrow Jr. and Derrick Harmon.

Stay tuned. 

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t expect Williams to choose Texas. 

What's the prognosis on adding a difference-maker at DT at this point? Buzz going into the second transfer window was that Texas was in a really good spot to add a big-time player. Any insight?

6 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Sumo is actually pretty badass to watch if like me you have severe ADHD. The matches and hype are both lightning quick. I was watching one time and this little 240 pound dude was wrecking people's shit but it was a good mix of fatass body types. 

Wish it was on more

CSB: As an added bonus to my dad being stationed in Hawaii when I was young, the big Sumo tournaments were broadcast locally.  They tournaments are bi-monthly and the wrestlers do a fight a night for 2 weeks round robin style.  We loved watching it.  This was when the 2 badass Americans were wrecking shop:  Akebono and Konishiki.

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

What's the prognosis on adding a difference-maker at DT at this point? Buzz going into the second transfer window was that Texas was in a really good spot to add a big-time player. Any insight?

UCLA passed the hat on a big number for Toia that wasn’t really something that could be countered because the guy mostly wanted to be at UCLA. 

Ketchum and a person involved with funding things blew the Alexander situation up in UT’s face.

The Michigan guys, and I never remember which one was … the one, always sounded like fan fiction to me. There are numerous people involved who would swear on a stack of bibles that it was happening. It’s like the Evan Stewart and Bryce Anderson stories from the winter 2022 portal period. LMK when they show up on campus, guys. 

There was/is plenty of dry powder for a key DT or two this period. 

If Williams decides on Texas, that’s where that NIL goes. If he doesn’t, it may or may not work for the 2025 class or the winter portal period this year. 

18 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OU just offered this guy, so who knows if that means they are out of it for Williams??

I wouldn’t read anything into it. OU is about to have to start two true freshmen on their DL and that’s not because those guys are so completely awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 7

39 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Sounds like DT by committee then. Rotate Collins, Broughton, Norton, Savea, and maybe Mitchell and keep them fresh.

Fuck that, I hope not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mitchell still being on this team is stunning. I think it shows us that they really, really need bodies at DT. The guy cleaned his locker out several times, supposedly. 

probably just trying to get to all those twinkies that fell down to the bottom of his locker.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think it shows us that they really, really need bodies at DT.

God damn, how many do we need? Are we going to keep adding JAGs to the room until we have an army of DTs who all play four snaps per game?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Sounds like DT by committee then. Rotate Collins, Broughton, Norton, Savea, and maybe Mitchell and keep them fresh.

I actually think we'll be fine at DT with or without Williams.

I'm far more worried about the DBs...both in terms of depth and coaching.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Perhaps he’s just a clean freak. My garage has gotten a bit out of hand, anyone have his number?

Please post pic of garage. I can offer great advice. I am a top-5 garage organizer in the greater Palacios area.

Back to DL, any word on this guy:

https://247sports.com/player/danny-saili-46128230/college-312326/

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I don’t prescribe this shit and am too drunk to do research but curious, is this directly correlated to the medication or nutrient deficiency from appetite reduction?

I believe it's through appetite reduction. Although when I started taking it I seemed to lose weight immediately even when I didn't change my diet that much. Plus the weight loss is limited, not continuous as you might expect from a general reduction in caloric intake (given a similar amount of caloric burn).

Source: am diabetic.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I actually think we'll be fine at DT with or without Williams.

I'm far more worried about the DBs...both in terms of depth and coaching.

Agreed.  I expect big things from Collins who if I recall correctly graded out pretty highly as the 3rd DT in the rotation.  The guy absolutely fucking obliterated more than few plays last year.

I'm more concerned with Broughton if we're being honest.  I also didn't feel like the interior line was getting obliterated by our OL in the spring game.  The DB's were getting absolutely napalmed though.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Agreed.  I expect big things from Collins who if I recall correctly graded out pretty highly as the 3rd DT in the rotation.  The guy absolutely fucking obliterated more than few plays last year.

I'm more concerned with Broughton if we're being honest.  I also didn't feel like the interior line was getting obliterated by our OL in the spring game.  The DB's were getting absolutely napalmed though.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by Savea too.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2