2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

lol had an aggy buddy tell me this exact same thing damn near verbatim but he was dead fucking serious and couldnt understand why I was laughing

Aggy buddy?

This part confuses me.

Aggy acquaintance, aggy coworker, aggy dad of my kid’s friend, aggy vet of my dog…

These descriptions make sense, but “buddy”?

it’s one thing if they were poor, he was a legacy that had to go there, or he attended horrible high schools and never learned to study/ take standardized tests/ had horrible teachers, but if they are seriously talking about Junction rather than joking about it…

How can this guy be a “buddy”?

I know about 5 or 6 Aggies that I would have a conversation with and two of them went there because their grandfather’s name is on a building/ the ag college after the guy won a Nobel prize & the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

#notjudgingbutkindofjudging

Just now, Napoleon said:

Aggy buddy?

This part confuses me.

Aggy acquaintance, aggy coworker, aggy dad of my kid’s friend, aggy vet of my dog…

it’s one thing if they were poor, he was a legacy that had to go there, or he attended horrible high schools and never learned to study/ take standardized tests/ had horrible teachers, but if they are seriously talking about Junction rather than joking about it…

I know about 5 or 6 Aggies that I would have a conversation with and two of them went there because their grandfather’s name is on a building/ the ag college after the guy won a Nobel prize & the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

#notjudgingbutkindofjudging

Best friend since HS, his dad is on the BOR at aggy. As red ass and delusional as they come

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Jaggy McJaggerson's brother from another mother. He wouldn't crack a 3 deep at Texas. 

24 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Jordan Scruggs put in a CB for Trey Moore to Texas. 

A very bold move, that one. 

35 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Aggy buddy?

This part confuses me.

#notmeatjudgingbutkindofmeatjudging

FIFY

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Siap

Has anyone confirmed from the Texas side that they're seriously interested in this guy? He has injury risk, damned good WRs are all over the portal, and Texas has a ton of options. I'm not saying they're not putting an effort in for him, but I'd like to see someone credible confirming that.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Has anyone confirmed from the Texas side that they're seriously interested in this guy? He has injury risk, damned good WRs are all over the portal, and Texas has a ton of options. I'm not saying they're not putting an effort in for him, but I'd like to see someone credible confirming that.

Backburner guy is what I have heard. He is the floor of our WR search, Purdue guy is number 1 for WRs in the portal currently

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

ok, i'm sure this has been addressed, but i haven't read about it.  and fuck off to anyone who says, "why can't you just read the thread", because this shit is dense and moves like the wind.

what are the rules concerning multiple transfers for a guy?  i thought i remembered when this nonsense first started, it was like you could only transfer once and play right away.  is this a covid thing, a grad transfer thing, or is it just the wild west and the ncaa can't stop shit?

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Backburner guy is what I have heard. He is the floor of our WR search, Purdue guy is number 1 for WRs in the portal currently

The Purdue guy is someone I'd prefer to see head elsewhere. I feel like there are more WR portal entrants to come, likely following various bowls, that will ratchet up the talent level in the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, i'm sure this has been addressed, but i haven't read about it.  and fuck off to anyone who says, "why can't you just read the thread", because this shit is dense and moves like the wind.

what are the rules concerning multiple transfers for a guy?  i thought i remembered when this nonsense first started, it was like you could only transfer once and play right away.  is this a covid thing, a grad transfer thing, or is it just the wild west and the ncaa can't stop shit?

I'm not a rules autist, so others might have a more indepth answer, but from what I understand:

Everyone gets one free transfer

Grad transfers are always free, even if you've transferred before

You get a free transfer if your coach leaves you get a transfer window outside of the typical one, but you don't necessarily get an extra immediately eligible to play token 

Or you can transfer anyway and miss the year if the other things don't apply

Unless! You appeal the missed year and have a decent lawyer who can scare the toothless NCAA appeals board into giving you the year back.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Leo Inception Squint - Pypeline

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Or you can transfer anyway and miss the year if the other things don't apply

Unless! You appeal the missed year and have a decent lawyer who can scare the toothless NCAA appeals board into giving you the year back.

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

You get a transfer window outside of the typical one, but you don't necessarily get an extra immediately eligible to play token 

Just FYI, this will probably change pending the latest lawsuit against the NCAA:

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby said the other day that him being in the Texas system that all of his credits will transfer. 

That might be the case, but credits still have to transfer into eligible courses to be counted as completed towards a relevant degree. I.e., all of Moore's credit may transfer, but many of them might be fit into elective credits and not what he actually needs to graduate. Based on everything I've seen on the matter, that may be the true issue. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Based on what some of us are hearing, Texas is going to get whoever they want in the portal. Moore is not a floor guy though. 50 schools reached out to his handler or some shit. 

Can you expound on this?

Interest from transfers because of perceived NIL riches at Texas; interest due to Texas' performance this season and Sark's three-year progress; a commitment for this transfer cycle from donors; a combination of these variables?

Edited by MuellerHorn

1 hour ago, Fud said:

If you stock up on enough edge rushers, you can start to spin the bigger ones inside on obvious passing situations to create NFL style sub packages. Something like Sorrell and Burke inside, and Moore/Simmons/Walton/Vasek/etc outside, and Hill blitzing 

No sure if the numbers will allow that 🤔

7 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Can you expound on this?

No. Not because I don't want to do so. It's probably a combo of everything you mentioned and then some. I just know that there's a ton of interest and the guys they're bringing in are guys at the top of a lot of lists. It probably helps that Texas isn't in need of QBs or TBs from the portal. The price of poker is higher on those two roles versus any other.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Fuck... it's just going to be a free for all. You'll never get a break from recruiting your own roster or anyone else's. 

Good thing Texas is back to being great at football, is located in a desirable city, has a great culture, and, most importantly, has

Make It Rain Money GIF

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

No. Not because I don't want to do so. It's probably a combo of everything you mentioned and then some. I just know that there's a ton of interest and the guys they're bringing in are guys at the top of a lot of lists. It probably helps that Texas isn't in need of QBs or TBs from the portal. The price of poker is higher on those two roles versus any other.

Thanks - I appreciate the response. Good news, even if we don't know all the variables.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.