2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

While I like warren and think she would be a great president, if trump runs again because he’s not in jail or holed up in an embassy somewhere, the dems nominating her gives trump the best shot at winning again and four more years of message board bitching and debate about Bernie bros. 

Given that I’m at a loss as to why you seem to support her so greatly. 

Because I believe she can destroy the GOP nominee in 2020 and she’d make a great president.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Biden would trounce trump. It would be a landslide like landslide Lyndon. 

And then we get another Trump or worse in four to eight years.  Binden was part of the problem.  He’s a lightweight and not as serious about tackling the corruption problems as Warren.  

Of course I’d still enthusiastically support Biden if he were the nominee.

33 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

While I like warren and think she would be a great president, if trump runs again because he’s not in jail or holed up in an embassy somewhere, the dems nominating her gives trump the best shot at winning again and four more years of message board bitching and debate about Bernie bros. 

Given that I’m at a loss as to why you seem to support her so greatly. 

Yeah I don't see how Warren could win, but she's the president this country needs.... 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And then we get another Trump or worse in four to eight years.  Binden was part of the problem.  He’s a lightweight and not as serious about tackling the corruption problems as Warren.  

Of course I’d still enthusiastically support Biden if he were the nominee.

We got trump because the economy tanked, the dems installed a black mooslem from Kenya in the office for 8 years, all the closet racist right wingers went ballistic,  and then the dems nominated Hillary. 

Don’t see that happening again.  The first set is to stop the bleeding and remove the cancer aka trump. We can save the world later. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

We got trump because the economy tanked, the dems installed a black mooslem from Kenya in the office for 8 years, all the closet racist right wingers went ballistic,  and then the dems nominated Hillary. 

Don’t see that happening again.  The first set is to stop the bleeding and remove the cancer aka trump. We can save the world later. 

We got Trump because our society is corrupt to the core. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We got Trump because our society is corrupt to the core. 

See now you’re going all brisket on us. Not sure why. 

Last time I checked trump lost the popular vote and is even less popular today. Our society is as corrupt as it’s always been. Doesn’t mean let’s just throw in the towel. 

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not true...Biden is white.  He could do exactly what Obama did and 90% of those that flipped the fuck out about Obama, would be A-OK with it. 

Because I believe she can destroy the GOP nominee in 2020 and she’d make a great president.

I think she’d be a good enough president, but I’ve got real questions about her skill as a campaigner based on her actual performance in elections , so I’m not sure she can beat the GOP nominee, even if its president Trump.

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I think she’d be a good enough president, but I’ve got real questions about her skill as a campaigner based on her actual performance in elections , so I’m not sure she can beat the GOP nominee, even if its president Trump.

I am pretty sure that the Democrats could run a ham sandwich and beat Trump this go around.  Assuming of course that the ham sandwich actually campaigned in Michigan. But my lean is that Trump won't be the nominee in 2020. 

Edited by Anastasis
there is no such thing as reality anymore

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not true...Biden is white.  He could do exactly what Obama did and 90% of those that flipped the fuck out about Obama, would be A-OK with it. 

Perhaps, but y’all are looking at it in isolation where Trump was only a response to Obama.  I see Trump as a crescendo of a corruption that’s been building in our politics for decades.   Until the nefarious money and corporate stranglehold on our government gets neutralized, expect more Trumpy sell outs...on both sides.

I don’t think Warren is any kind of silver bullet that will solve all our problems but from what I see, she presents the best opportunity to get the ball rolling in the right direction. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps, but y’all are looking at it in isolation where Trump was only a response to Obama.  I see Trump as a crescendo of a corruption that’s been building in our politics for decades.   Until the nefarious money and corporate stranglehold on our government gets neutralized, expect more Trumpy sell outs...on both sides.

I don’t think Warren is any kind of silver bullet that will solve all our problems but from what I see, she presents the best opportunity to get the ball rolling in the right direction. 

You're overthinking it.  The writing was on the wall when the far right was flipping the fuck out about tan suits and hot mustard.  Yeah, this was building for those 8 years while the black guy parked his black ass in the WHITE house.  And you're crazy if you don't think that was enough to stir 20% of the country up into a tizzy.  That's why Trump won - they needed their lib tears, at all costs.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If sleeping with the Russians = lib tears, then let's blow the Russians cocks as hard as we can.  That's it.  Simple. 

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I heard him on Pod Save America a few weeks back and he sounded just like every other generic Dem in my life.  Same talking points, no new ideas.  Pass.

I get that. I think going too far left isn't going to work in 2020. Need to restore some sanity, and voters are going to be leery of anyone polarizing. 

I haven't read a lot about either of the Castro brothers other than the bit when they played the twin trick to have one of them be in two places at once (which is funny).  Ditto Biff.  I saw them introduce Beto at a small basketball court in San Antonio and it looked like when you see someone filming a bit for TV in a studio but you're in the room.  Not that that's what matters, but it's weird how little there is to his image.

he's not taking PAC money, apparently.  I like that.

Edited by Celery Man

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

She’s clearly more progressive. 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So strange how it was Fozzzzz here pumping Russia Today as a news outlet and lauding RT anchors a few weeks ago.  

как красива Москва это время года?  Eh , Fozzzz ?

32 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You're overthinking it.  The writing was on the wall when the far right was flipping the fuck out about tan suits and hot mustard.  Yeah, this was building for those 8 years while the black guy parked his black ass in the WHITE house.  And you're crazy if you don't think that was enough to stir 20% of the country up into a tizzy.  That's why Trump won - they needed their lib tears, at all costs.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If sleeping with the Russians = lib tears, then let's blow the Russians cocks as hard as we can.  That's it.  Simple. 

Yeah, I’m not overthinking it.  The GOP knowingly allowed Trump to continue despite them being caught on tape admitting they knew Trump was backed by Russia.  Why did that happen?  Because the GOP was already corrupt AF. 

Who are the forces behind the racism and anti-progressive propaganda?  Who AstroTurfed the Tea Party? 

It’s all about the 0.1% consolidating all the wealth and power in this country.

This is nothing new either.  We had the same problem 100 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, I’m not overthinking it.  The GOP knowingly allowed Trump to continue despite them being caught on tape admitting they knew Trump was backed by Russia.  Why did that happen?  Because the GOP was already corrupt AF. 

Who are the forces behind the racism and anti-progressive propaganda?  Who AstroTurfed the Tea Party? 

It’s all about the 0.1% consolidating all the wealth and power in this country.

This is nothing new either.  We had the same problem 100 years ago. 

The GOP did that because it was convenient and allowed them to win.  Not because they LOVE racists.  They saw the racists as an opportunity to snag a voting bloc that used to be somewhat split with the Democrats.  Lots of proUnion racists in the midwest traditionally supported D's.  The R's give zero fucks about anything but winning...not even this country.  They used the Christians as much as they could, now that bloc is shrinking and they've been able to co-opt nearly 100% of bigots under their tent and plow forward. 

I don't even think we are disagreeing, but you seem to think this is some crazy huge deal that's come to a head?  No, the R's have always done whatever the fuck to win and they continue to do that.  Now, they did pick up a ton of votes from people who were pissed about the black guy being President - that is the group that pushed Trump over the edge.  To me that's a huge deal - that PEOPLE got pissed about a black guy being President - some of those were D, some indifferent etc... What are we disagreeing on?  Other than you think some crazy thing has been building up and I say this is what the R party is and always was - win at all costs...those costs are fucking high now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Getting the dark money out of politics wont be easy but that is what needs to happen.

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The GOP did that because it was convenient and allowed them to win.  Not because they LOVE racists.  They saw the racists as an opportunity to snag a voting bloc that used to be somewhat split with the Democrats.  Lots of proUnion racists in the midwest traditionally supported D's.  The R's give zero fucks about anything but winning...not even this country.  They used the Christians as much as they could, now that bloc is shrinking and they've been able to co-opt nearly 100% of bigots under their tent and plow forward. 

I don't even think we are disagreeing, but you seem to think this is some crazy huge deal that's come to a head?  No, the R's have always done whatever the fuck to win and they continue to do that.  Now, they did pick up a ton of votes from people who were pissed about the black guy being President - that is the group that pushed Trump over the edge.  To me that's a huge deal - that PEOPLE got pissed about a black guy being President - some of those were D, some indifferent etc... What are we disagreeing on?  Other than you think some crazy thing has been building up and I say this is what the R party is and always was - win at all costs...those costs are fucking high now. 

My position is the corruption at all levels in our society is what led us to Trump.  The racism and the GOP’s coddling/pandering of it is part of the corruption I’m talking about.  

They care about nothing but winning at all costs.  This is corruption.  

Are they winning for everyday people or their corporate/foreign masters that keep them in office?  Corruption.

How they use religion solely as a tool to keep power? Corruption 

The entire conservative movement has been subverted and overrun with con men and grifters serving the highest bidder and the highest bidders are some of the worst human beings on the planet (Putin, Mercers, Kochs).

Then Trump came along.

There are no more “good ideas” on the right that will move this county to a better place.  Lie, cheat, and steal as much as possible before you die is the new GOP doctrine.  It wasn’t always this way.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My position is the corruption at all levels in our society is what led us to Trump.  The racism and the GOP’s coddling/pandering of it is part of the corruption I’m talking about.  

They care about nothing but winning at all costs.  This is corruption.  

Are they winning for everyday people or their corporate/foreign masters that keep them in office?  Corruption.

How they use religion solely as a tool to keep power? Corruption 

The entire conservative movement has been subverted and overrun with con men and grifters serving the highest bidder and the highest bidders are some of the worst human beings on the planet (Putin, Mercers, Kochs).

Then Trump came along.

There are no more “good ideas” on the right that will move this county to a better place.  Lie, cheat, and steal as much as possible before you die is the new GOP doctrine.  It wasn’t always this way.

I might be jaded like Brisket - but I feel those 'good ideas' were a ruse.  Trickle down etc...did anyone on the right ever really think that shit worked?  And I know, I'll get grilled for talking about money but the people I talk to now from bankers etc...it's pretty bad.  I was never in these circles.  These people were the same 30 years ago.  You can't convince me otherwise.  When they think you're one of them, they'll say whatever unfiltered.  Do you think the GOP really cared about abortions/babies?  Come on man.  The entire platform has always been bullshit to protect the top 0.01% wealth...no matter the color of those people's skin, the number of abortions they paid for...etc etc etc. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I might be jaded like Brisket - but I feel those 'good ideas' were a ruse.  Trickle down etc...did anyone on the right ever really think that shit worked?  And I know, I'll get grilled for talking about money but the people I talk to now from bankers etc...it's pretty bad.  I was never in these circles.  These people were the same 30 years ago.  You can't convince me otherwise.  When they think you're one of them, they'll say whatever unfiltered.  Do you think the GOP really cared about abortions/babies?  Come on man.  The entire platform has always been bullshit to protect the top 0.01% wealth...no matter the color of those people's skin, the number of abortions they paid for...etc etc etc. 

lots of bad ideas that were frauds, especially when it comes to domestic policy.  The dems have some too.  

But Republicans never backed off democracy promotion and they used to be pro-immigration.  

They paid lip service to the truth for the most part. They would at least acknowledge the problems facing the country instead of pretending they don’t exist. 

Even though some of their actions were contradictory, they projected American values.

They have gone so far off the reservation over the past 20 years, it’s almost impossible to have an honest debate.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

The more I think about it, the more I’m excited about a Tulsi candidacy. It’s like if Todd Hitler was running for President. I don’t know if the country is ready for someone as peculiar as her, but it should be entertaining nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Uh, it’s pretty clear today anyone that didn’t vote for Hillary in 2016 indirectly helped Trump so...

So... what? Finish your thought.

He knows he fucked up... I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012 so I can’t rag him too much.

Of course you did. And you still feel like your voice is worth a shit lecturing about what the left should do. Of course.

Libertarians are the dumbest fucking people on earth.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They've employed the same strategy with varying tactics as long as I can remember: convince people to vote against their own interests by scaring them. If you've never heard of the book "What's the Matter with Kansas?", it's all outlined masterfully there. I think that was the first concise thesis putting it all together (or it was the first for me). 

Going on half-a-decade century (at least), the GOP has employed various social scare tactics to USE THE RUBES. Desegregation! Abortion! Drugs! Crime! Terrorism! Gay Marriage! Immigration! and the list goes on and on introducing new wedge issues as society evolves.

I'm genuinely curious what they'll come up with next. If I had to guess, it'd be the fundamental belief in a higher power since we're becoming increasingly agnostic/atheist as a society. Just imagine what they'll say when polls begin to show that almost half the country is meh on god.

Edited by bolverk
century not decade

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

The early leader for my vote. 

This dude is a pretentious douche. He does this thing when he enters a room where he stands at the entrance longer than normal until everyone sees him then he fully enters the room. He insists upon himself. You are a fucking mayor, no one gives a shit if you just walked in, you dick. Ivy Taylor was actually a pretty cool lady and did not have the pretentiousness that Castro had.

His attitude is similar to Rick Perry who also carries himself like a pretentious dick.

I've interacted with former Sen Graham in a private setting and he was just a normal dude that kept a low profile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The castros bore me. They sat out in 2018 like pussies. 

This is my real complaint about both of them.  They never want to run a race they might lose.  Sure, he's running for president but that's a long shot with no downside.  Why not run for Texas governor?  Both of them have sat out statewide races and Beto has passed them by.

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This is my real complaint about both of them.  They never want to run a race they might lose.  Sure, he's running for president but that's a long shot with no downside.  Why not run for Texas governor?  Both of them have sat out statewide races and Beto has passed them by.

One of them should run against Cornyn.....

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

One of them should run against Cornyn.....

It's easier to make a futile run for president, write a book that no one will read, and end up on the lecture circuit for $50K per speech.  Maybe even a TV show.  It's the Mike Huckabee model.

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It's easier to make a futile run for president, write a book that no one will read, and end up on the lecture circuit for $50K per speech.  Maybe even a TV show.  It's the Mike Huckabee model.

This. They’re not risk takers. Beto has bigger balls than both of them combined. 

Fortune favors the bold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Castro wants an upgraded cabinet post. Or at least that is the best he can expect out of this.

Edited by RayDog
  • Like 1