Best movie-ending songs

Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

After her mom told me that she was going to have a song in Ethan Hawke’s next movie, I watched “Reality Bites” in tha mall north of campus a few miles, just waiting to hear her voice, but the movie ended without any song from Lisa.

Then the first song over the credits ended and the second song over the credits began. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, G650 said:

This would be my number one. Honorable mention would be My Chemical Romances version of Desolation ROW at the end of the Watchmen

Worth telling the story of getting the rights tot that song.

A tougher get was Townes Van Zandt’s cover of the Rolling Stones’ “Dead Flowers,” which plays over Lebowski‘s closing credits. “[Former Stones manager] Allen Klein owns the rights to it,” Burnett says. “He wanted $150,000.” Burnett begged Klein to just come down and watch an early cut of Lebowski. “It got to the part where the Dude says, ‘I hate the fuckin’ Eagles, man!’ Klein stands up and says, ‘That’s it, you can have the song!’ That was beautiful.” For the record, Burnett agrees with the Dude (“[The Eagles] sort of single-handedly destroyed that whole scene that was brewing back then,” he says), but the line infuriated Glenn Frey. “I ran into [Frey] and he gave me some shit,” Jeff Bridges says. “I can’t remember what he said exactly, but my anus tightened a bit.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/inside-the-dudes-stoner-soundtrack-187983/amp/

• Haha 1

Sentimental AF, but when I hear the opening piano notes, I immediately think of my sons when they were little and how much we loved watching stupidly funny movies.  Of course Napoleon was one of them.  Whether intentional or not( almost certainly not) the song to me,  represents their innocence and transformation into adulthood, yet we have that avenue to go back.  I have probably assigned way too much value to it, but that's what it means to me, and I absolutely love it.

12 minutes ago, G650 said:

See, if you said best opening scene, then you would win.

That's a good opening scene for sure.  So is "Saturday Night Fever", with Tony strutting around carrying a can of paint, eating a double slice (stacked), hitting on random women.

You guys are already fucking this thread up.  It's Best movie-ending songs.  It's not post shit I like, or post something that makes me emo.  Stay on topic.  The last scene also has a contributing factor for this thread I believe.  So it's the combination of the song and the scene if you ask me, maybe Al Bundy agrees.  Here's a great example of the last scene/song and also the message it sends.  

• Hook 'Em 1