NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Incredible. 

Can’t double him he’s a great passer, he’s got decent moves. Yeah they could step up their intensity but the fella deserves a ton of credit. 

Yep, tons of credit.

He wanted the game. Carolina hoped to win the game.

10 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

10 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah this is their tourney run. 

That was the Del Negro and Shackleford team that also beat UNC in championship game. They also had a losing record in conference like this year

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

NC State looked awesome tonight. I didn’t even realize their record was so shitty until very late in the game. Horne And that center were fun to watch.  

I said horn earlier its burns at center, yeah that duo DJ Horne and Burns was a ton of fun to watch. 

Edited by troph

12 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lots of bid stealing going on today - american athletic conference, nc state, new mexico, maybe oregon.  bubble teams are going to be clinching their ass cheeks tomorrow.

Was Colorado in and Oregon out before today?

10 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Everyone is playing for 2nd place. UConn is elite athletically with matching basketball acumen and coaching. Sans a really off night they're playing on Monday night in Phoenix for back to backs. And they'll get it. 

Who are the top 5-10 NIL programs in basketball? Is UConn one? 

10 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Everyone is playing for 2nd place. UConn is elite athletically with matching basketball acumen and coaching. Sans a really off night they're playing on Monday night in Phoenix for back to backs. And they'll get it. 

I agree that they are probably the favorite, but there have been better teams that failed to win B2B NCAA Championships. Lot of shit has to go right to pull that off. 

Shit, I remember when Monson led Gonzaga to the elite 8 before losing to eventual champion Uconn. He then bolted for Minnesota (who he beat in the tourney) opening up the door for Mark Few. 

23 minutes ago, troph said:

Was Colorado in and Oregon out before today?

Who are the top 5-10 NIL programs in basketball? Is UConn one? 

Seems like coaching in CBB is way more important than players, as long as they are competent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Seems like coaching in CBB is way more important than players, as long as they are competent. 

Yeah it seems there might be enough players to go around? 

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

This is probably for  another thread but seeing Shaka doing well elsewhere doing the things we thought he’d do here is so maddening. Whats Marquette projected to be seeded?

2 and he will likley lose in the opening weekend, especially without his PG.

18 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

This is probably for  another thread but seeing Shaka doing well elsewhere doing the things we thought he’d do here is so maddening. Whats Marquette projected to be seeded?

Marquette enters the tourney ranked #10 having gone 14-6 in conference, good for 2nd place. They will probably be a 2 or 3 seed. In '21, Texas entered the tourney ranked #9 having gone 11-6 in conference good for 3rd but we missed a covid game. We were a 3seed and promptly shit the bed in the first round. Until I see Shaka make it out of the first weekend at Marquette, its not clear to me he is doing anything different then he did  here. He still runs around the sideline like a fucking geeked up idiot while his teams jack up a ton of threes. His teams have looked moderately better  in the regular season, but he's also not coaching in the Big XII anymore. Lets see him make it out of the first weekend (for the first time since2011) before we start singing his praises. 

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Western Kentucky coach is the next hottest hire

Last year  it was unquestionably Dusty May at FAU, but he stayed down there with almost the entire team coming back. I'll be curious to see how they do in the tournament. They surprised me with some of their spotty play this year, but that team has a lot of tourney experience. I could see them back in the S16, in which case I bet May will be the hot hire again. And he might be more likely to leave this time around. 

Lunardi jumped aggy up to 9 and somehow didn’t match them up with us at 8

We all know they’ll make it happen if it’s there 

Bracket Matrix has us an 8 and aggy a 10