Shenanigans in Galveston County, TX

Parliament

Texas goin' Florida:

It’s an unofficial event that people know about through word of mouth, and every year there are dozens of arrests and hospitalizations. During the event, the attendees stay in their Jeeps to enjoy the beach. There is typically a lot of alcohol involved.

According to the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office, there were a total of 233 arrests and more than 200 charges filed on Saturday.

More than 50 people were rushed to the hospital the same day, and one woman was left in critical condition.

The number of arrests and injuries increased compared to previous years.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/05/21/more-than-230-arrests-made-50-taken-to-hospital-as-a-result-of-jeep-weekend-in-galveston-county/

So it’s the ROT rally (or what it used to be), except on the beach with Jeeps.  

Still laugh about taking my girlfriend (now wife) out to the rally once and I asked if she wanted to earn some beads once we got there.  She didn’t believe me when I told her that she’d be awful popular out there as 90% of the titties were pretty clapped out.  Once we got out there, she racked up a huge stash (pun intended).  

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I used to have a house on Bolivar. Got out of it because the weekends have become Trump loving, white trash fest. Galveston taking more beach and prohibiting cars makes the trash drain there. 

We had years and years of good times on Bolivar but we stopped going a couple of years ago because it became so damn trashy.  I don't need my kids, nieces and nephews dealing with that shit while they're building sand castles.

Fuckers

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Still laugh about taking my girlfriend (now wife) out to the rally once and I asked if she wanted to earn some beads once we got there.  She didn’t believe me when I told her that she’d be awful popular out there as 90% of the titties were pretty clapped out.  Once we got out there, she racked up a huge stash (pun intended).  

The term “clapped out” made me spit up my drink. + rep

Tapatalk must be having issues 'cause the pics aren't loading
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, blacklab said:

If there's a few thousand jeeps down there there must be hundreds of jeeps broken down on the sides of the roads.

With coors light party ball kegs in the back, bloating in the sun. 

5 hours ago, Post Oak said:

We had years and years of good times on Bolivar but we stopped going a couple of years ago because it became so damn trashy.  I don't need my kids, nieces and nephews dealing with that shit while they're building sand castles.

36 minutes ago, Homercles said:

image.gif.3e8b42198c0516b8df2f1d947dc4bb5f.gif

Pretty much describes our last two trips to Rio Frio.  It got to be really trashy, and a bunch of companies had moved in and were fucking with things as well.  Our last trip before we had kids, we got flashed by two older women whose breasts resemble the gif that Homercles posted.

Clapped Out Titties is a great band name for a group of 65yo, punk rock playing, great-grandmothers.

This is how I remember Bolivar back to the late 90’s.  No fucking way it could have gotten worse?  We were heading back from July 4th once and they called in the Texas Rangers to meet the ferry when it landed.  They took a few into custody at the landing, and not gently.   

I have a co-worker who goes to Jeep weekend regularly. Loves it. He also uses a story from Jeep weekend where he had to draw down on a drunk reveler banging on his camper door in the middle of the night as an example of why he open carries. In the next breath, without a hint of irony, he’ll also tell you why, because he is a responsible gun owner that open carries, he avoids situations that might force him into some kind of conflict. Werid.

I’ve only been to Boilivar once, and we’ll never go back. We rented a house during peak Covid with brother and sister in law and their kids. It was either Memorial Day or July 4th. We understood what we were getting into when we arrived at the grocery store on the island. It had a huge sign out front saying you needed to wear face masks by decree of the state, etc. My BIL and I put on our masks, walk in. It was like the Deltas walking into the bar in Animal House with their sorority dates. We were the only ones wearing masks, and not only that we got dirty looks the entire half hour we were in the store. Some of the stares looked flat out murderous. Cool, we’re just here to buy hamburger meat and eggs, guys. 

My favorite story from the weekend was when we went for a ride in the bed my my BIL’s truck. We passed plenty of stuff, lots of trash people, dude who got their shitty Toyota Corolla stuck in the sand trying to ride it on the beach, guy who left his truck too far on the beach as the tide came in and it was flooded. All the good shit. But my favorite was four fat as shit older women. They had a small sun canopy up, a card table, and they were sitting in chairs as the tide rolled in over their legs. On the table was a handle of Fireball and a carton of Marlboro reds. They were just sitting there chain smoking and doing shots of fireball, living their best life. 

we had a lot of fun that weekend, but really don’t see a reason to ever return. How many times do I need to see a huge lifted truck with Trump flags doing donuts right next to a family and their half a dozen kids on the beach and wonder if this is when the idiot accidentally rolls them over?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

On the table was a handle of Fireball and a carton of Marlboro reds. They were just sitting there chain smoking and doing shots of fireball, living their best life. 

This is how you Bolivar. No foul here. 

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

How many times do I need to see a huge lifted truck with Trump flags doing donuts right next to a family and their half a dozen kids on the beach and wonder if this is when the idiot accidentally rolls them over?

Growing up, my friend had a place on the first row off the beach. We were down there partying for his 18th bday, and there was these two guys, and their very smoke women with them.  Would guess mid 20’s. All day just drinking, sunning, whatever.  Right around time to go, they fire up the truck and start doing donuts over and over, even getting out 10-15’ into the shallows and just slinging shit everywhere.   We get in the buggy and start heading back behind them, and as we hit the beach entrance, get to see in real time a cop grabbing the driver by the hair, and putting him face first into the sand from the drivers seat. Jacked up truck, decent fall straight to face, knee in back.  Like out of a movie.  Hero to zero in an instant shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Heading down to Bolivar alongside probably 50+ hometown friends for Memorial Day weekend, as we've done pretty much every year for the past 25+ years. 

Stick to the quieter neighborhoods and away from the crowded sections of the beach or bars where all the SETX trash converges and you're typically fine. We usually stake out a quiet section of the beach, far away from the jacked-up trucks and tattooed trailer trash. 

All that said, despite having been to Crystal Beach probably 100+ times in my life and knowing plenty of folks that have houses down there, I don't know a soul that would purposely go down there for "Go Topless" Jeep Weekend. On a regular weekend, there's a healthy mix of normal folks and heathens. On GTJW, it's 95% the latter. 

Edited by Storm the Field

On 5/21/2023 at 1:45 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

They ran a deputy over there last year and shattered both his legs. Had to fly him to UTMB and last I heard he still hasn't been able to return to work. It's like a gathering of the juggalos, but without the makeup.

On 5/21/2023 at 2:13 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Jeep weekend is an event for horrible people and low lives 

On 5/21/2023 at 2:31 PM, CTC2 said:

I used to have a house on Bolivar. Got out of it because the weekends have become Trump loving, white trash fest. Galveston taking more beach and prohibiting cars makes the trash drain there. 

On 5/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, Post Oak said:

Fuckers

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pretty much describes our last two trips to Rio Frio.  It got to be really trashy, and a bunch of companies had moved in and were fucking with things as well.  Our last trip before we had kids, we got flashed by two older women whose breasts resemble the gif that Homercles posted.

epic-flag.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This thread reminded me to put in leave for our Rehoboth week two weeks after Labor Day. 

It's ... not like this. 

This is why I like the mountains.  It's farther away and less of the, ahem, beach crowd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This thread reminded me to put in leave for our Rehoboth week two weeks after Labor Day. 

It's ... not like this. 

44 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Love me some Rehoboth and Bethany beaches. Real waves too.

Growing up my sister and I would go visit PA family for a couple weeks every summer.

We would go camping and go to both of those beaches.

Coming from Texas and growing up going to Galveston...that water was so fucking cold.  It blew my mind that nobody up there thought anything of it.

14 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Growing up my sister and I would go visit PA family for a couple weeks every summer.

We would go camping and go to both of those beaches.

Coming from Texas and growing up going to Galveston...that water was so fucking cold.  It blew my mind that nobody up there thought anything of it.

Water is warmer in October than July for sure. We are a few hours away and go with friend who have a house on the water. Crowds gone after Labor Day so it’s dogfish head beach week for us.