Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Daly is a trash starting short stop for a program like Texas. I'm not even sure what the fuck you're talking about. I've really enjoyed this season that doesn't mean I think we shouldn't have a legitimate infield. Daly is absolutely not a legitimate guy that the University of Texas should have playing short stop. 

He's playing because he IS a legitimate infielder. 

Jalin and Gumbo were both given playing time and neither right now can do on the field what Daly does. This isn't MLB, can't go out mid season and call up a JUCO player or trade with someone in the SEC.  Like it or not, he is out there today, will be tomorrow, and any other games we have remaining.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

He's playing because he IS a legitimate infielder. 

Jalin and Gumbo were both given playing time and neither right now can do on the field what Daly does. This isn't MLB, can't go out mid season and call up a JUCO player or trade with someone in the SEC.  Like it or not, he is out there today, will be tomorrow, and any other games we have remaining.

I understand why he's playing what I don't understand is why we don't have a better option on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I understand why he's playing what I don't understand is why we don't have a better option on the roster. 

Because for two years we had a legit mlb prospect there, a CWS caliber defensive player behind him that didn’t pan out at the plate this year, and a frosh all star that needs an off season to develop? 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Pretty simple nowadays....every kid THINKS they should come in and play automatically whether there is a 2 or 3 year STARTER in front of them or not. Lots don't come in now because they shy from competition.

Gavin Kash is the perfect example of that.

Dumbass who thought he should be playing in front of the Golden Spikes Award winner

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Yeah and I've been bitching about it all season. 

I don't really understand what the rest of you are missing here.

what were missing is why you are asking because nothing has changed since the beginning of the year.  there isn't a better option and hasn't been.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

what were missing is why you are asking because nothing has changed since the beginning of the year.  there isn't a better option and hasn't been.

It’s also not that far off, his glove is great. His bat didn’t develop this year. Shit happens.