Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Just bad approaches at the plate. Gotta try and take the change up the other way instead of trying to pull it. 

If it was that easy they would be doing it. He’s tunneling his pitches as well as I’ve seen in a while. Same arm speed and slot for every thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

If it was that easy they would be doing it. He’s tunneling his pitches as well as I’ve seen in a while. Same arm speed and slot for every thing.

They're NOT doing it, and not because it's not easy.  They're just not.  That's why it's so fucking maddening.  

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

thats twice.... since when is the pitcher allowed to fake fucking throw to 2nd when hes trying to get away from the pitch clock ???

I thought you actually had to throw not that it would really matter

Just now, Hondo said:

They're NOT doing it, and not because it's not easy.  They're just not.  That's why it's so fucking maddening.  

Dude, they are facing an all-American. One of the best pitchers in the country. If it was easy as “just take the changeup the other way”, he wouldn’t be averaging over a strikeout an inning on the year.

It’s the same thing I see people scream on the football board. “Just make adjustments!!!” Like just saying adjustments automatically means they will happen.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Dude, they are facing an all-American. One of the best pitchers in the country. If it was easy as “just take the changeup the other way”, he wouldn’t be averaging over a strikeout an inning on the year.

It’s the same thing I see people scream on the football board. “Just make adjustments!!!” Like just saying adjustments automatically means they will happen.

I’ll say this, everything is coming off the same plane. Like you said he tunnels his pitches really well. My problem is he has to be under 45% fastballs thrown tonight and most haven’t even been competitive to make you respect it and yet most everyone in our lineup has gone up to the plate looking for a fastball

• Hook 'Em 1