2024 WR Parker Livingstone

Getafix

13 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Mash Up Ball GIF

I'd call it more of a weak reference to obscure '90s television than a joke, but whatever.  It got no reaction when someone else made the same "joke" on page two, but Surly's a tough crowd.   

Edited by idigTexas

7 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I'd call it more of a weak reference to obscure '90s television than a joke, but whatever.  It got no reaction when someone else made the same "joke" on page two, but Surly's a tough crowd.   

You want me to go back and shame them too? Surly is a tough crowd but if you're not up to speed on 90s, or Lord help you, 80s tv and movies it can be a lot tougher. I don't make the rules 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You want me to go back and shame them too? Surly is a tough crowd but if you're not up to speed on 90s, or Lord help you, 80s tv and movies it can be a lot tougher. I don't make the rules 

As long as no one calls me a moron, Dennis.

Edited by idigTexas
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

This board exists to chew bubblegum and cater to old white guys, and it's all out of bubblegum.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I'm watching popular CFB recruiting YouTuber Sharpe Sports' video that he put out a month & half ago breaking down the HUDL film of UT's summer commits. I busted out LOL during the Parker Livingstone segment thinking about the posters in this thread who were calling Livingstone a JAG throughout this Summer:

Thinking back to the WRs UT recruited in the '23 recruiting cycle, Livingstone is definitely a better X WR prospect than the Arizona kid that was previously committed to USC & the Houston area kid that was previously committed to UT that ended up at UH. Livingstone is faster & just moves better than those guys.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I'm watching popular CFB recruiting YouTuber Sharpe Sports' video that he put out a month & half ago breaking down the HUDL film of UT's summer commits. I busted out LOL during the Parker Livingstone segment thinking about the posters in this thread who were calling Livingstone a JAG throughout this Summer:

Thinking back to the WRs UT recruited in the '23 recruiting cycle, Livingstone is definitely a better X WR prospect than the Arizona kid that was previously committed to USC & the Houston area kid that was previously committed to UT that ended up at UH. Livingstone is faster & just moves better than those guys.

Ketch, put down the bucket of chicken, turn off the Internets, and get your fat ass to a game to watch in person. Until then, STFU.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Did your ham order come in yet?

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2023 at 3:00 AM, UDontKnow said:

You'll get Jaggy McJaggerson and you'll like it!

I keep seeing this thread pop back up to the top of this board. I don't read the individual recruit threads very often but decided to click. It appears as though this thread has gone in the aggie direction of declaring Jaggy McJaggerson underrated, underranked, and the next Jordan Shipley because he had a good opening game? Well count me in!! Parker Livingston is going to fucking crush it at the next level and I take back everything I said about him being the next Dustin Miksch.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I keep seeing this thread pop back up to the top of this board. I don't read the individual recruit threads very often but decided to click. It appears as though this thread has gone in the aggie direction of declaring Jaggy McJaggerson underrated, underranked, and the next Jordan Shipley because he had a good opening game? Well count me in!! Parker Livingston is going to fucking crush it at the next level and I take back everything I said about him being the next Dustin Miksch.

More Clint Haney, imo.

• Drool 1

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Look man, we know you can beat him in the 40.  We get it.  I feel like you are letting your athletic prowess/superior performance cloud your opinion here.  

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

On 8/30/2023 at 11:10 PM, Fondren & Main said:

More Clint Haney, imo.

I remember going to one of his games his senior year of HS.  I remember it because of the sheer number of times my wife asked me, "Which one of these guys is going to Texas again?" because Haney did nothing and looked nothing like a D1 player.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

So Justin was mentioning that he’s in a boot with an undisclosed injury. He refused to comment further on it for fear of pissing off the family. 

Whoever mentioned Clint Haney nailed it. Jaggy McJaggerson is following that path perfectly. Put up some crazy high school numbers, get hurt seriously, have scholarship honored, fade generally into irrelevance. 

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Whoever mentioned Clint Haney nailed it. Jaggy McJaggerson is following that path perfectly. Put up some crazy high school numbers, get hurt seriously, have scholarship honored, fade generally into irrelevance. 

I would call that a stupid comparison because Haney was tearing up defenses filled with guys named Mason or Carlos while Livingstone is playing in the DFW, but looking at Lovejoy’s schedule last year it seems like they were doing mostly the same thing. They did fall just short in a playoff shootout with South Oak Cliff but it looks like he had a quiet game that day. 

Still, Haney was a 5’10 175 lb RB whose last name isn’t McCaffrey. Livingstone is a 6’3 track star playing WR. Livingstone has a much clearer shot at being a lot more than Jagg McJagson or whatever your dumb nickname is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

I would call that a stupid comparison because Haney was tearing up defenses filled with guys named Mason or Carlos while Livingstone is playing in the DFW, but looking at Lovejoy’s schedule last year it seems like they were doing mostly the same thing. They did fall just short in a playoff shootout with South Oak Cliff but it looks like he had a quiet game that day. 

Still, Haney was a 5’10 175 lb RB whose last name isn’t McCaffrey. Livingstone is a 6’3 track star playing WR. Livingstone has a much clearer shot at being a lot more than Jagg McJagson or whatever your dumb nickname is.

I enjoy interacting with you, Helobious. You are an awesome straight man for me. 

• Drool 1

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Helobious - Guy sucked because "Dude was playing against guys named Mason or Carlos"

also Helobious:

"Texas needs to recruit the Valley more."

I recognize we’re not a football hotbed. Is there a ton of talent down there? Not at all. Is there a little? Sometimes, yes. I’m going full Iconoclast Texan (UH fan way, not political psycho way) once UTRGV starts playing. 

No idea what all that has to do with livingstone being anything other than a solid prospect. The physical tools alone make CTJs stance laughable. If he was a smaller/slower guy putting up huge numbers, yeah he’d have a point.

• Drool 1

A Texas recruit had a great game. Let's double down on declaring he won't be of any value!

Don't make no sense to me. I agree with Helobius. To suggest this player has no promise is weak.  Why would he get an offer from Texas early in the process? He does have measurables.

All the feuding distorts perspective sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I recognize we’re not a football hotbed. Is there a ton of talent down there? Not at all. Is there a little? Sometimes, yes. I’m going full Iconoclast Texan (UH fan way, not political psycho way) once UTRGV starts playing. 

No idea what all that has to do with livingstone being anything other than a solid prospect. The physical tools alone make CTJs stance laughable. If he was a smaller/slower guy putting up huge numbers, yeah he’d have a point.

I've said this before, but I have trouble sometimes figuring out whether it is more entertaining to me when people get the joke, or when they don't. It's for sure the latter on this one.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A Texas recruit had a great game. Let's double down on declaring he won't be of any value!

Don't make no sense to me. I agree with Helobius. To suggest this player has no promise is weak.  Why would he get an offer from Texas early in the process? He does have measurables.

All the feuding distorts perspective sometimes.

There's no feud, man. It's a bit. Built out of several people overreacting to something basic I wrote in June, so I leaned into it.

I'm all for Livingston killing it at Texas. I won't show up to "own" anything on this one though, as I've been fine with the take as a "one of the last guys in the class" kind of take, which I can say for sure that it is. Every class needs those kind of guys. If he turns out to be the next bad ass WR, awesome. If he's just a glue guy that helps in the locker room, fine too. 8-10 of those types are fine. Any more than that and suddenly they're playing them and we're back in the spin cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I agree with Helobius.

Public service announcement: If you ever find yourself typing those four words, then you need to take a step back from the keyboard, maybe go for a walk or something to clear your head, then go back to the post and right before clicking "submit reply" just delete what you wrote and start all over.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Public service announcement: If you ever find yourself typing those four words, then you need to take a step back from the keyboard, maybe go for a walk or something to clear your head, then go back to the post and right before clicking "submit reply" just delete what you wrote and start all over.

I liked DangerSnax, too. If I take a break, I'll go find him and bring his free-form prose writing ass back home.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...