2024 WR Parker Livingstone

Getafix

33 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I'm surprised everyone has missed his most obvious comp, Cooper Kupp. 

I always thought Kupp was some plucky underdog until I found out his dad & grandpa were both NFL draft picks. Now I just think he’s an underachiever with genes like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I always thought Kupp was some plucky underdog until I found out his dad & grandpa were both NFL draft picks. Now I just think he’s an underachiever with genes like that.

Now do Marty Cherry whose brother played for the Giants.

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Actually watched some of his hudl for the first time this morning. He’s got a Highland Park name but a Lucas Lovejoy skillset for sure. Nice frame though and his track background gives me hope that he’ll be more than Jaggy McJagface or whatever you call him.

So you made your comment about him being a freak athlete without ever having actually seen him athleting?

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

In fairness, he is a taller, thicker kid. Getting razor sharp cuts out of routes like Worthy or Cook is going to be harder for him. To me, he is the guy we hit on a deep post a couple of times per game while the defense is focused on Cook and company. 

To me, he is the guy shouting “do you want gatorade or water??” to that catching the deep post once that guy gets back to the sidelines. 

3 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Look I am holding out hope that we are near the end of our decade long nightmare and we will soon be posting screen shots of other boards melting down about how they let some some white jag receiver go for 15 catches 230 yards and 2 td’s. Because god knows how many times Texas has made some opponents jag look like and All American with a career performance.

13 years. Not a decade. 13 years. I don’t see Ladd McJaggey helping to pull us out of this shit spiral, but I do like your optimism. 

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To me, he is the guy shouting “do you want gatorade or water??” to that catching the deep post once that guy gets back to the sidelines. 

13 years. Not a decade. 13 years. I don’t see Ladd McJaggey helping to pull us out of this shit spiral, but I do like your optimism. 

I also think that it has been about 12 years since our last high school scholarship white jag wide receiver. We are due.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe his job will be to pick-not-pick someone on short passes, and run straight go routes to pull a safety deep. Maybe catch one now and then when that safety busts his responsibility. 

or maybe his job will be arch’s roommate. 

Ask Colt how his roommate did.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So you made your comment about him being a freak athlete without ever having actually seen him athleting?

I saw 6’3 and some decent-ish track times. But the more I think about his 11.7 time in the 100m the less impressed I am

6 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

*run

No, but slow as shit at a sophomore indicates what?

That he ran the 100m once in HS doesn't mean shit. You might use his 200m since he ran it more than once and it compares to Worthy's HS times.  The dude isn't a track star, but let's not put him in the he slow group.

16 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

We do know he hasn't ran track since his sophomore year right? 

That’s not a good thing imo. Really helps a lot with football, especially when you talk about the explosiveness that is cross-trained by the jumping events and the sprints.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/15/2023 at 12:42 PM, longhornmatt said:

I was talking myself into the take after I saw his track times, but watching those cuts just now was like watching that shipping liner try to turn when it got stuck in the Suez Canal.

On 7/15/2023 at 4:45 PM, Helobious said:

I saw 6’3 and some decent-ish track times. But the more I think about his 11.7 time in the 100m the less impressed I am

Maybe you football savants should call the dumbasses at Georgia, LSU, Oregon, Tennessee, Oklahoma et al and tell them how lucky they are that he picked Texas...

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The press box view in Tex’s Hudl gives much better perspective on many of his catches (he could have included what, another six four receptions?) College Station is apparently a legit opponent.

He’s actually fast, beating angles multiple times, and I’m glad he included the kickoff return that was called back, because it’s ridiculous. The slalom work he does soon after catching the kick is pretty fucking great. He’s going to be fun to watch, a nice combo of the ability to win contested balls, size to Moss a m’fer and speed/moves to run away from them. 

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 9

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

The press box view in Tex’s Hudl gives much better perspective on many of his catches (he could have included what, another six four receptions?) College Station is apparently a legit opponent.

He’s actually fast, beating angles multiple times, and I’m glad he included the kickoff return that was called back, because it’s ridiculous. The slalom work he does soon after catching the kick is pretty fucking great. He’s going to be fun to watch, a nice combo of the ability to win contested balls, size to Moss a m’fer and speed/moves to run away from them. 

He has long strides with deceptive speed. I said in the recruiting thread but watching his old highlights you seldom see him get caught from behind, if at all.