"I’m on Threads" meta thread

'stache

2 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Do you need a face tron account?  I’ve never had one or Instagram.

Tied to Instagram, I think you need an Instagram account. Wonder if they’ll create a way to sign up for Threads by itself.

Hint, from within instagram you can create a new, separate, account that will share your login but keep your identities unknowable by others. Ie, my instagram friends can’t see this other account I’m using for Threads

• Hook 'Em 6

I didnt ever sign into twitter and I have avoided an instagram account to this point because fuck Zuckerberg and the mess he made out of old peoples brains. Can threads be embedded into other sites like twitter so I can just observe commentary? Since Meta is involved, I'm going to guess a login is required to get any functionality. 

• Like 1

Ok and for me, Facebook and Instagram accounts are both my actual self . It seems if I want a threads account not associated with my actual identity where I can engage in internet cretin-ry I’ll need to create an additional Instagram account.

Edited by Celery Man

Ok and for me, Facebook and Instagram accounts are both my actual self . It seems if I want a threads account not associated with my actual identity where I can engage in internet cretin-ry I’ll need to create an additional Instagram account.

Yep see my comment above. They can be quietly connected
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Test

https://www.threads.net/t/CuVZ3f6vWnE/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I mean obviously this won’t work yet, esp since insta doesn’t embed either 

lulz sorry

Insta can embed in some websites but there are some steps you need to take to do so. I doubt imma has done that yet. Even specific to the invision message board software, it looks doable

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/advanced-options/configuration-options/facebook-and-instagram-embedding-r359/

Whether or not that will apply to Threads is a different matter

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to "I’m on Threads" meta thread
10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Insta can embed in some websites but there are some steps you need to take to do so. I doubt imma has done that yet. Even specific to the invision message board software, it looks doable

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/advanced-options/configuration-options/facebook-and-instagram-embedding-r359/

Whether or not that will apply to Threads is a different matter

Meta keeps changing their shit. I need to. Do a few more things to get that working like do a business verification. However I'm not sure threads will work. 

• Hook 'Em 1