What's happening in Iran?

Parliament

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Someone refresh my memory. Wasn't Iran one of the main countries that was propping up the Taliban along with Pakistan?

Iran supplied weapons to the Taliban. They also quickly normalized relations with them after the fall of Afghanistan's western backed government.

We did a chemical test on the last IED that got my team. Iranian made explosives. 

Iran supported to fuck us up and Afghans in Iran were free labor. 

Talibs have a lot of assets in Iran. Iran not so many. Put my 3.50 on the Afghans in a border war. 

And no, Iran did not support Pakistan as much as was reported. Shia and Sunni is some real shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Iran almost took out the Taliban in the late 90s before they became a problem.  The Taliban kidnapped and beheaded 4 Iranian missionaries in Afghanistan.  Iran put 100,000 troops on the border and was ready to go in until some backdoor deal was made.  There is no love lost between the two groups 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I would like to play a drinking game where I have to take a shot every time that guy says "quantum."

What if what that guys says is a superposition of 50% saying "quantum" and 50% times square root of -1 saying "muledick"???

On 6/12/2023 at 3:11 PM, Brisketexan said:

I would like to play a drinking game where I have to take a shot every time that guy says "quantum."

Just wait until you see their Formula 1 car.

The unveiling of the Iranian Formula One car The unveiling ceremony of the Iranian Formula One car made by Ferdowsi University of Mashhad was held today at the international exhibition site This car is going to participate in Formula One races in Italy soon

Fy6wyvgXwAMAA2_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Fy6wzLwWwAAbk76?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/media/1402/03/28/2912827/رونمایی-از-خودرو-فرمول-یک-دانشگاه-فردوسی

Yes, that's the translation.

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just wait until you see their Formula 1 car.

The unveiling of the Iranian Formula One car The unveiling ceremony of the Iranian Formula One car made by Ferdowsi University of Mashhad was held today at the international exhibition site This car is going to participate in Formula One races in Italy soon

Fy6wyvgXwAMAA2_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Fy6wzLwWwAAbk76?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/media/1402/03/28/2912827/رونمایی-از-خودرو-فرمول-یک-دانشگاه-فردوسی

Yes, that's the translation.

Probably faster than Williams

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

The Sevilles, once assembled in Iran, represented the height of luxury in the country just before the 1979 Islamic Revolution. General Motors had partnered with an Iranian firm to build the sedans, selling them for two-and-a-half times the price in America at the zenith of the country’s oil wealth.

Today, Khosro Dahaghin’s passion for restoring the cars means he carefully examines each frame, component and stitch of the Sevilles in Iran, a challenge that’s only grown as parts become scarce, the vehicles get older and as the country faces U.S. sanctions over its nuclear program.

“The most luxurious and the most special car that was assembled in Iran was Cadillac Iran,” Dahaghin told The Associated Press as he wore a necklace bearing the iconic Cadillac crest. “The first time this car was assembled outside U.S soil was in Iran. At that time I can say no other brand could rival this car in any aspect imaginable.”

https://apnews.com/article/iran-cadillac-seville-restoration-general-motors-sanctions-9e74bb9eb83aaa01a4931f273d622518

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

The Sevilles, once assembled in Iran, represented the height of luxury in the country just before the 1979 Islamic Revolution. General Motors had partnered with an Iranian firm to build the sedans, selling them for two-and-a-half times the price in America at the zenith of the country’s oil wealth.

Today, Khosro Dahaghin’s passion for restoring the cars means he carefully examines each frame, component and stitch of the Sevilles in Iran, a challenge that’s only grown as parts become scarce, the vehicles get older and as the country faces U.S. sanctions over its nuclear program.

“The most luxurious and the most special car that was assembled in Iran was Cadillac Iran,” Dahaghin told The Associated Press as he wore a necklace bearing the iconic Cadillac crest. “The first time this car was assembled outside U.S soil was in Iran. At that time I can say no other brand could rival this car in any aspect imaginable.”

https://apnews.com/article/iran-cadillac-seville-restoration-general-motors-sanctions-9e74bb9eb83aaa01a4931f273d622518

God bless the gear heads.  You should post this in the Classic Cars thread.

• Hook 'Em 2