being offended

10 hours ago, DougHdTx1968 said:

what about Mongoloid? as in, “Goddammit, Derka is a fucking mongoloid”

and does anything change if he claims Asian ancestry

Yeah, he’d be a Mongoroid. 

Edited by Porterhouse

21 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I just want to come in here and say I find it HILARIOUS that Derka, of all fucking people, started this fucking thread.  He is the definition of butthurt over small fucking things, and will rant and rave about it in book length threads.  You be you, Derka.  

tenor(25).gif.545dcd2845a463e966fa419e439f7a60.gif

😄

On 7/25/2023 at 3:35 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I just want to come in here and say I find it HILARIOUS that Derka, of all fucking people, started this fucking thread.  He is the definition of butthurt over small fucking things, and will rant and rave about it in book length threads.  You be you, Derka.  

That doesn’t sound funny at all

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 4:35 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is literally the only reason I clicked on this thread. I had to see what stunning lack of self awareness this could be, and it has exceeded my expectations.

• Haha 5

On 7/26/2023 at 11:48 AM, YGIFS said:

Genghis Khan supposedly has like 15-30mm descendants.  Statistically speaking, Derka could very well be one.  

i mean most of us probably are given how many degenerates are on this site.

Someone just pointed me to this thread.

EL OH EL at Derka, a guy who melts down with five 15 paragraph posts every time someone disagrees with him, saying he never gets offended.

Using "retarded" and "gay" as insults is something most of us got over a couple decades ago. You can keep saying it's no big deal and continue using those words as slurs if you like, but all it does is make you look real dumb.

And now I wait for the 15 paragraph response....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

23 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Using "retarded" and "gay" as insults is something most of us got over a couple decades ago. You can keep saying it's no big deal and continue using those words as slurs if you like, but all it does is make you look real dumb. like a piece of shit 

Fixed this 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

On 7/18/2023 at 8:09 AM, royiv said:

I'm offended that posters trot that tired old trope out on an hourly basis on this forum. 

Number one, it’s hot. Number two, the rooms that rent by the hour aren’t always close together, so she has to trot. And thirdly, I’m insulted by you calling her an old trope.

On 7/23/2023 at 7:43 PM, shadow_operative said:

my reply here is not just to you, but is for everyone here who has acted as some sort of champion for the ill and disabled. 

UWS- you came in hot, just chiding and admonishing me for using language that you find to be reprehensible, like i'm this huge piece of shit for making what honestly is a pretty innocuous remark that didn't merit such a response. we're talking about the wnba three point contest here. you, and so many others, have become so upset about this issue because it's an issue that is close to you and important to you. i've basically been tarred and feathered by the townsfolk because of my stance in this thread.

now then- you actually referenced my openly talking about my mental illness during your scathing admonishment of me, intimating that i of all people should know better, because i am the type of person you are standing up for. 

you want to talk about mental gymnastics? go ahead, anyone in this thread who's been coming after me like i'm just some huge, hateful asshole: name a time that someone here said something purposely hurtful and cruel to me about my real life mental illness where you came in and stood up for me, and passionately admonished such blatantly hateful and hurtful speech towards a disabled person. name a time where you took the same stance that you're taking on the word retarded. it has literally. never. happened. not a single one of you who is just crushing me right now has ever said a word when you saw any of the literally hundreds of times that people have been straight up vile towards me in regards to my mental health. 

you will lose your mind and rally the troops when someone says "going 25-27 in the three point contest is retarded", but time after time after time after time , to a man, each one of you has chosen to say nothing whenever someone has personally attacked me and my real life mental illness. and this is well over a decade of deeply personal and very real attacks that we're talking about. you've seen them, and you've said nothing.

you do not get to do that, then pat yourselves on the back for it, and have me just let that go. you (all of you) do not get to say, "derka, you're an ill person yourself, im standing up for people like you, how dare you say something so hurtful" when you've never once actually stood up for me when it was happening right in front of you, repeatedly, for years.

i said the word retarded in reference to a three point shooting contest and then said that we shouldn't ban comedy from shaggy. you've all sat back and watched as countless people have made actual, intentional, disgusting remarks about my mental health, and all of this virtue and morality that you're just so fucking passionate about has never once made an appearance. never. for you to act as if you're being some champion of all disabled/handicapped people when you couldn't give a shit less about how anyone here has treated me is truly pathetic. 

and yet and still, you want to talk to me about mental gymnastics. wow. that's...really something. y'all just be careful you don't pull any muscles patting yourselves on the back so hard for all of your super sincere moral values that totally don't just selectively apply to what does and doesn't affect you. you guys are true champions of the weak, feeble, and downtrodden. take a bow. 👏🏼 

Well I am not entirely certain that you understand what coming in hot actually looks like. That’d involve me calling you names and likely cursing at you. That did not happen and would not.

Yes I do believe you use a degree of mental gymnastics in how you form your thoughts. Using comedians and old movies to drive home why that word isn’t that big of a deal is not a winning play in this world in 2023. 

No one lost their mind in the replies you have been given nor in the original message. The issue is that you see everything outside of your worldview that does not agree with your personal construct as an attack on you personally. You were not called an awful person for saying it. Neither of you were called that that I made that message out to. 

You made this deeply personal. The method in which you made this deeply personal comes across as narcissistic to me. I do not know what exactly your mental illness is and even if I did I am not going to make fun of you for it. We all deal with things. In other places on this board I have detailed my own life and what it is like to be different. 

I would also probably say to you that if you have endured years worth of abuse my thought would be why come back for more? If people here are truly making fun of you constantly and belittling you why do you stay? This place has people that lack empathy and say some crass things, but overall this is a nice place to open up and share stuff with one another. 

If you feel like you are being attacked in this message realize that is not the intent. At a certain point in life man you have to look at your shortcomings and realize what you can and cannot deal with. I know what I cannot deal with so I steer clear of it. If you cannot handle people telling you to just not use a word that is hurtful then I might not want to post in a place like that. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just going to put this screenshot here since this was the other person who used the R word that led to this thread.

This is from another basketball thread today where I disagree with betting odds showing who the favorite in the FIBA men’s tournament. Ztejas really showed what a man he is.

IMG_8728.thumb.jpeg.5b7f26ec40e4ea850936f89f6f636f2c.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Just going to put this screenshot here since this was the other person who used the R word that led to this thread.

This is from another basketball thread today where I disagree with betting odds showing who the favorite in the FIBA men’s tournament. Ztejas really showed what a man he is.

IMG_8728.thumb.jpeg.5b7f26ec40e4ea850936f89f6f636f2c.jpeg

I love it. You're so fragile. I was obviously trying to get a rise out of you and it worked like magic. Unreal. 

Do me a favor and learn how futures odds work. You're such a fucking beating, dude. Lakers fan should have let everyone know that already, though. 

50 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

You just aren’t going to get to use that word without it being mentioned.

Pfffft thanks dude. You're such a fucking hero. Maybe go focus on something that matters. 

This all started, by the way, with me completely proving you wrong and you being so fucking full of yourself that you couldn't accept it. The absolute horror of ztejas gently correcting you is apparently beyond your comprehension.

It's now devolved into you repeatedly insulting me because, again, you are unwilling to admit that you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Newsflash, chief - I have issues. I am very cognizant of them and I work on them to the best of my ability. What that has to do with you saying some dumb shit, being completely proven wrong and then tripling and quadrupling down by repeatedly attacking my character I'm not sure. 

I'm okay with who I am. You seem extremely insecure with who you are. YMMV. 

Please get the help you need. I mentioned before I steer clear of things or people that I cannot or have no desire to handle or interact with due to their inherent negativity and overall toxicity they exhibit. Someone can deal with you and how you choose to lash out, but that is not me. I am not equipped to deal with this amount of negativity and narcissism. Life is a gift and it is not worth losing even 15 minutes worth of a day responding to things of this nature when there is so much good happening around here as well as most of what is presented in the areas I enjoy reading here. Good luck to you. 

5 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Please get the help you need. I mentioned before I steer clear of things or people that I cannot or have no desire to handle or interact with due to their inherent negativity and overall toxicity they exhibit. Someone can deal with you and how you choose to lash out, but that is not me. I am not equipped to deal with this amount of negativity and narcissism. Life is a gift and it is not worth losing even 15 minutes worth of a day responding to things of this nature when there is so much good happening around here as well as most of what is presented in the areas I enjoy reading here. Good luck to you. 

You are deflecting and internalizing because you are extremely insecure with who you are as a person or at the very least you are insecure with your intellect. 

You keep using words like "negative" and "toxic" that don't describe me in the slightest. I am not a negative or toxic person. I am a very intelligent pragmatist that calls shit like it is. Sometimes I'm an asshole. That apparently disturbs you. That isn't my problem. You become enraged when anyone uses the word "retard" or its variations and for what reason I'm not sure. Again - it reeks of insecurity. 

I'm sure that you are a very nice person that largely means well when you are out and about in society. I hope you do well in the future. I hope this doesn't take away from what you mean to accomplish and who you are. 

At the same time - you don't fucking know me. You aren't on my level. You never will be. So drop the fucking assumptions about who I am and get on with your own life. 

On 8/20/2023 at 8:31 PM, ztejas said:

Pfffft thanks dude. You're such a fucking hero. Maybe go focus on something that matters. 

This all started, by the way, with me completely proving you wrong and you being so fucking full of yourself that you couldn't accept it. The absolute horror of ztejas gently correcting you is apparently beyond your comprehension.

It's now devolved into you repeatedly insulting me because, again, you are unwilling to admit that you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Newsflash, chief - I have issues. I am very cognizant of them and I work on them to the best of my ability. What that has to do with you saying some dumb shit, being completely proven wrong and then tripling and quadrupling down by repeatedly attacking my character I'm not sure. 

I'm okay with who I am. You seem extremely insecure with who you are. YMMV. 

Derka?

• Haha 1