Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Turn the heat down on your pan, chief.  Toast the sourdough on medium, not high.  Gets brown and toasty crispy, but not burned.  Your stove has knobs for a reason, goddamit.

Sorry.  I take toasted sourdough pretty damned seriously.  I made everyone leftover ham sammiches on it last night.  And it was glorious.  Pro-tip -- toast the inside of the bread first.  Heat the ham and cheese in the microwave.  Put it in the sammich, then slowly toast the outside.  Then relish, with leftover dirty rice, chips and queso, and a coldbeer.

• Like 1

It was toasted inside and out, not burnt either. Meatloaf was already warmed up in the microwave. Assembled and put back on the griddle on low with a lid over it to melt the cheese.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal sandwich, boundless and bare the lone and level chip crumbs stretch far away.

I think I’ll have another beer

I think y'all are adding steps that aren't needed.  Why toast the inside?  Butter the bread, medium heat, build sammich, cover pan and grill each side to golden brown.  The heat from under the cover will get the filling hot and your toasted bread is crispy on the outside.  The juices from the filling are absorbed into the untoasted side adding flavor.

27 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I think y'all are adding steps that aren't needed.  Why toast the inside?  Butter the bread, medium heat, build sammich, cover pan and grill each side to golden brown.  The heat from under the cover will get the filling hot and your toasted bread is crispy on the outside.  The juices from the filling are absorbed into the untoasted side adding flavor.

The toasty inside keeps the bread from getting too saturated with juices.  You don't want migratory sogginess to take away from your crispy outside.  It's like, science and stuff.

tenor.gif?itemid=4798133

18 hours ago, deft said:

It was toasted inside and out, not burnt either. Meatloaf was already warmed up in the microwave. Assembled and put back on the griddle on low with a lid over it to melt the cheese.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal sandwich, boundless and bare the lone and level chip crumbs stretch far away.

I think I’ll have another beer

Brisket gonna Brisket, not a GD thing wrong with your sandwich. 

• Like 1