2023 Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

yeah for Kansas it will be dead centered in the LBJ lawn on the upper sidewalk not the one by the road. If Kansas goes well we are going to a bigger 2 tent setup directly behind the LCL main stage. 

Tent 21 for Kansas and then the highlighted burnt orange area for the rest of the season if we meet our Kansas fundraiser goal. (we were in T11 for reference) 

image.thumb.png.feb4869e2b1d302e34bc9b7e9b3ae462.png

I was at that 42 spot for Rice until I ventured over to the Surly tailgate. That is a really good location. That highlighted area is going to be awesome with the trees/shade. 

Should work to see if the university would allow this spot next year for OneFund/BurntEnds
image.thumb.png.a3642b3c2e96ec6c5385b9d022973136.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I was at that 42 spot for Rice until I ventured over to the Surly tailgate. That is a really good location. That highlighted area is going to be awesome with the trees/shade. 

Should work to see if the university would allow this spot next year for OneFund/BurntEnds
image.thumb.png.a3642b3c2e96ec6c5385b9d022973136.png

Does that get a lot of foot traffic? We can get the university to let us to do whatever we want at this point most likely. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Does that get a lot of foot traffic? We can get the university to let us to do whatever we want at this point most likely. 

There is always a ton of people around that area because of LCL. I'm just propositioning for around that rea for a tent to be at and view of the stage for LCL. haha

But if you're really trying to flex these two spots have a ton of foot traffic and people that will sit in those trees watching the concerts. 

image.thumb.png.a80c058e653f750eff0b89758655f1bc.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, immamac said:

It certainly does early in the season when it is fucking hotter than balls outside. When it gets cold that probably won't be ideal though, especially with a south wind.

Dunno if you're interested or what the arrangement with Texas One Fund is but the LHN is still looking for non-game content.  Happy to connect you with the producer that does most of the non-game content and he could do a spot on organic NiL events and efforts like Burnt Ends along with the broader programs.  Just a thought.  Also, Fajita Pete's is looking to meet you and talk about a partnership that would be cost effective for all involved.  They need the publicity and goodwill (they are one of I think 6 approved vendors for those tailgate parties).  Obviously your brisket is best, but if feel like roping them in for a game or two per season.  Would also make sense to have Ricky Brown come by to discuss more overlap opportunities under his fiefdom.  Anyway, next tailgate sounds fun as hell.  I'll bring a priest and my loud children. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, immamac said:

yeah for Kansas it will be dead centered in the LBJ lawn on the upper sidewalk not the one by the road. If Kansas goes well we are going to a bigger 2 tent setup directly behind the LCL main stage. 

Tent 21 for Kansas and then the highlighted burnt orange area for the rest of the season if we meet our Kansas fundraiser goal. (we were in T11 for reference) 

Bump to Pg 5

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Dunno if you're interested or what the arrangement with Texas One Fund is but the LHN is still looking for non-game content.  Happy to connect you with the producer that does most of the non-game content and he could do a spot on organic NiL events and efforts like Burnt Ends along with the broader programs.  Just a thought.  Also, Fajita Pete's is looking to meet you and talk about a partnership that would be cost effective for all involved.  They need the publicity and goodwill (they are one of I think 6 approved vendors for those tailgate parties).  Obviously your brisket is best, but if feel like roping them in for a game or two per season.  Would also make sense to have Ricky Brown come by to discuss more overlap opportunities under his fiefdom.  Anyway, next tailgate sounds fun as hell.  I'll bring a priest and my loud children. 

Yes. You have my number. Intros to rick@surlyhorns.com

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, immamac said:

We’re in spot 41, as a point of reference. Spot 42 is Case McCoy’s tailgate (HPI), and the biggest collection of commercial real estate douchebros you’ve ever seen. Tailgates in the area generally fill up 1-2 hours before kickoff and there’s a good amount of foot traffic with LCL, though probably not as much as being directly on Robert Dedman.

And I’ve mentioned it before, but Orangebloods is in C3, so the internet slapfights could become real slapfights if y’all move into that shaded area. Which of course we’re all rooting for.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

We’re in spot 41, as a point of reference. Spot 42 is Case McCoy’s tailgate (HPI), and the biggest collection of commercial real estate douchebros you’ve ever seen. Tailgates in the area generally fill up 1-2 hours before kickoff and there’s a good amount of foot traffic with LCL, though probably not as much as being directly on Robert Dedman.

And I’ve mentioned it before, but Orangebloods is in C3, so the internet slapfights could become real slapfights if y’all move into that shaded area. Which of course we’re all rooting for.

C3 events is in C3 orangebloods doesn't have a tailgate anymore. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 2:54 PM, immamac said:

Damn dude that is AWESOME...🤘

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Imma-gonna CC you on some emails later today/tue-AM.  Pretend like I'm an upstanding member of society and that I've never even heard of your website.

General question--------anybody know who's playing Longhorn City Limits this weekend?  Figured it'd be announced by now.  I assume since we can't get Ann Margaret, maybe a Jonas Cousin?  

On 9/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, immamac said:

C3 events is in C3 orangebloods doesn't have a tailgate anymore. 

I can see the ketch tweet now

"Unfortunately no OrangeBloods tailgate this year. After the portapotty incident of T+1 2022, the facilities team said their insurance wouldn't cover me unless I brought my own septic system." 

• Haha 2

For those wondering about venturing to the tailgate and stepping out of the comfort of Surly anonymity, I went for the first time a few weeks ago for the Rice home opener and had a great time. You can reveal your Surly name or not. Nobody cares. But imma is super hospitable and the guys I met are solid dudes. 

So swing by, and I won’t clock you if you make a joke about my mom. Well, I probably won’t.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2023 at 12:48 PM, YGIFS said:

General question--------anybody know who's playing Longhorn City Limits this weekend?  Figured it'd be announced by now.  I assume since we can't get Ann Margaret, maybe a Jonas Cousin?  

Pregame:  Kaitlin Butts, Lesly Reynaga.

After game:   Y'all Out Boy

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

For those wondering about venturing to the tailgate and stepping out of the comfort of Surly anonymity, I went for the first time a few weeks ago for the Rice home opener and had a great time. You can reveal your Surly name or not. Nobody cares. But imma is super hospitable and the guys I met are solid dudes. 

So swing by, and I won’t clock you if you make a joke about my mom. Well, I probably won’t.

I can attest... i met South Austin at the Rice tailgate.... and I did ask about his mom.... at least the running joke about his mom... and he did not punch me... So for what it's worth, it is a lot of fun to catch up with folks... and it's a great opportunity to thank Immamac and others for all the work they do around here.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I can attest... i met South Austin at the Rice tailgate.... and I did ask about his mom.... at least the running joke about his mom... and he did not punch me... So for what it's worth, it is a lot of fun to catch up with folks... and it's a great opportunity to thank Immamac and others for all the work they do around here.

We met at Wyoming and I didn't feel the need to punch you in the face so we cool.

• Haha 1

• immamac unpinned this topic
  • immamac pinned this topic
  • immamac unpinned and pinned this topic