2023 Tailgate Thread of Dominance

immamac

Leaving the house in 30.  Y'all be safe out there.  Thank you to our veterans.  To the tailgate team.  To 'Murica.  Last game with K-State save for some random bowl game in 2037.  

To the Big XII.  To the Longhorns.  To Bill Snyder.  To the Wildcats.  To the friends we made along the way when asking for help to hide Darren Sproles body after smothering him with a hot, silk sheet.  Dammit, I lost my train of thought

• Hook 'Em 3

• Pancho unpinned and pinned this topic

I didn't get to hang much unfortunately but it looked great. I got to meet @MissingInAction and the fearless bearded leader.

Now I don't want to take too much credit but that was my first surly tailgate, albeit brief, and the first UT game my oldest has attended. Obviously the team picked up on that at the end. Fun, nerve wracking game.

Oh @South Austin I told my son you'd race him and he laughed and said "I'll do it." Afterwards he may or may not have said, quote "that punk-ass chump is ducking me."

Hope I can make another and hang more.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Few pics from today's super-fun tailgate. As usual, @immamac did an AMAZING job!!!!

Met so many great people and posters and it was fun meeting members of the UT Swim and Dive team. 

IMG-9606.jpg

IMG-9575.jpg

IMG-9578.jpg

Members of Texas Swim Team were guests today. 

IMG-9600-B.jpg

IMG-9572.jpg

Surly Horns faithful sweating out the final minute of the game. 

IMG-9612.jpg

Where do you get the “Horns “ donuts?

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Few pics from today's super-fun tailgate. As usual, @immamac did an AMAZING job!!!!

Met so many great people and posters and it was fun meeting members of the UT Swim and Dive team. 

IMG-9606.jpg

IMG-9575.jpg

IMG-9578.jpg

Members of Texas Swim Team were guests today. 

IMG-9600-B.jpg

IMG-9572.jpg

Surly Horns faithful sweating out the final minute of the game. 

IMG-9612.jpg

I spoke with you and didn’t even realize it with the group of guys who were in matching shirts 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I spoke with you and didn’t even realize it with the group of guys who were in matching shirts 

Nice to talk to you!!

They are friends visiting from NYC and are now proud contributors to the Texas One Fund. They arrived on Friday morning, ate at Terry Black's, had dinner at Perry's Steakhouse, then hung on Dirty Six and Rainey Street. They did the Surly tailgate this morning, got on Fox's pregame show, met our nice Swim and Dive team members, went to a big college game that went to overtime, are now having dinner now at Industry, and will end up back on 6th. Street. All-in-all, not a bad intro to Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 7

I think I chugged a bloody maria. That was the beginning of the end. I was in rough shape at the end. Took many 1.5-3 minute naps. Got duped by a man to drive my car home. Locked it and got home anyway. 

what a win. 
IMG_2706.thumb.jpeg.3990e6fd21319b401e8596b4d66f488b.jpeg

Hats off to the middle man and all his efforts. We would be nothing without our lord and savior.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Nice to talk to you!!

They are friends visiting from NYC and are now proud contributors to the Texas One Fund. They arrived on Friday morning, ate at Terry Black's, had dinner at Perry's Steakhouse, then hung on Dirty Six and Rainey Street. They did the Surly tailgate this morning, got on Fox's pregame show, met our nice Swim and Dive team members, went to a big college game that went to overtime, are now having dinner now at Industry, and will end up back on 6th. Street. All-in-all, not a bad intro to Austin. 

A win makes everything better. We ran into them inside the stadium as well!

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

It was donut taco palace. Highly recommend as you tasted their food is pretty damned good! 

What a season it was! We are gonna have some other hosts for Texas tech as I’ll be in Michigan, but there will still be a tailgate.

Next year we will be hosting tailgates both home and away. Every. Single. Game. We will dominate the SEC tailgating scene. 

If you had a great time and want to donate to the tailgate or any NIL program use the links. Here’s one for the tailgate. 
https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/tailgate

Where were the tacos from? Same place?

22 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Had a great time yesterday. I got to meet @TreatyOak and watch my fiancé and @ChickenNuggets spar in a political debate (she didn’t get the “take that shit to Cloak Room” memo).

Thanks again for the hospitality. 

Yeah, that was really fun. I really enjoyed getting to meet you and your beautiful and absolutely hilarious fiancé. She is a pistol and you do not want to mess with her! Thanks so much to @immamac for EVERYTHING you have done to create this amazing little community.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac unpinned this topic