Game Day Experience 2023

Bullneck

On 9/27/2023 at 7:48 PM, PTINS said:

Somebody get me some SRV, please!!!

SRV (a different song each game) should be played before the band gets center stage (no speakertron!) for player entrance

and just once and awhile, a bit of creativity would be nice.....  they don't have to play something like the below song during the game.... how about after Eyes?.... the exit song on the way out, like the closing credits?  just a little creativity.....

+++

Warm winds blowing
Heat'n blue sky

And a road that goes .... forever

Been thinking 'bout it lately
Been watching some TV
Been looking all around me
And what has come to me
Been talking to my neighbour
And he agrees with me

It's all gone crazy

Well my wife returns from taking
My little girl to school
She got beads of perspiration
As she tries to keep her cool

She says that mess it don't get no better
There's gonna come a day
Someone gonna get killed out there
And I turn to her and say

Texas

she says what?

I said Texas

she says what?

They got big long roads out there

Warm winds blowing
Heat'n blue sky

I'm going to Texas
We gotta get out of here
We gotta get out of here

Well I got a little brother
Several metres high
Yeah he's built just like a quarterback
And he swears he'll testify

He says he's been to Texas
And that's the only place to be
Big stakes, big girls, no trouble here
That's the place for me

I'm going to Texas
Yeah Yeah

I'm going to Texas
Yeah Yeah

I'm going to Texas

Watch me walking
Watch me walking
Watch me walking
Yeah Yeah

• Hook 'Em 2

I sat in the south endzone today and the drinks and free food and AC were great, but those people pay WAY too much to sit there and not fucking get the fuck up on 3rd down or even pretend like they care about the game. Good god. Feels like sitting in a box. Get the fuck up and support your team you pussies. 

• Rage+1 1

Was hot as balls in the 1H in Sec 17T. No breeze. Terrace Club was wall to wall nearly all game…

2H was more comfortable.

Who cares, we kicked their ass.

I’m a relative old (almost 40) and I enjoyed the music tbh. 

Bob Cole needs to stfu during Texas Fight. I yelled at him toward the west side by name to shut the fuck up, my wife was not amused.

My God, the beautiful/incredible ass was out today. I miss UT. 

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

I'll be the old man...the  speakers are ridiculous. I'm half deaf so I don't care, but it can't be safe for kids that still have fresh hearing.  My 12 yo and 6 yo begged me to leave in the first quarter. The heat wasn't helping, but the kids were trying to stand on bleachers to see the game with their hands over their ears. Stupid. We left.

I live it when dkr  is rocking, but needs to be from the fans and not the speakers.  My Apple Watch's 90 decibel warning going off in the first quarter of a Kansas game is sus.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, skilesare said:

I'll be the old man...the  speakers are ridiculous. I'm half deaf so I don't care, but it can't be safe for kids that still have fresh hearing.  My 12 yo and 6 yo begged me to leave in the first quarter. The heat wasn't helping, but the kids were trying to stand on bleachers to see the game with their hands over their ears. Stupid. We left.

I live it when dkr  is rocking, but needs to be from the fans and not the speakers.  My Apple Watch's 90 decibel warning going off in the first quarter of a Kansas game is sus.

I noticed during the dirt burglar game that they were piping in a lot of random, shitty noise as well. I'm assuming this is going on at big boy schools around the country. I can't believe the people in charge of this shit at all these places are this tone deaf. A lot of the crap isn't even ads, so there isn't even any monetary excuse that I can see. 

4 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I noticed during the dirt burglar game that they were piping in a lot of random, shitty noise as well. I'm assuming this is going on at big boy schools around the country. I can't believe the people in charge of this shit at all these places are this tone deaf. A lot of the crap isn't even ads, so there isn't even any monetary excuse that I can see. 

It’s like any sporting event on tv when a score or big play happens, one of the color announcers will start screaming like a little bitchass eunuch.
Gottdam, those little shits are such a beating.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Honestly I didn’t hear him as much as I did vs Rice.  The mic guy is quite annoying though. 

I only listened to the Craig Way game call via internet yesterday, but Cole seemed slightly less obnoxious.  I still hate that that "First Down Texas - Fight" bullshit.

• Rage+1 2

Definitely way toned down yesterday with overall bullshit and volume so they listen to the complaints. But it always see-saws...next night game will probably be over the top obnoxious again and everyone will bitch again.  Just find a nice balance and leave it alone.  But do get rid of first down bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Agree that the volume was down from the last game. Constant music was still annoying but tolerable.

Holy shit yesterday was a step DOWN in volume?? Some of the replays were louder than the actual play in the stadium were. It's actually insane and probably dangerous for hearing how loud they crank the piped-in sound up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just to add to my post a couple of weeks ago.

Last night, pre-kickoff:

The crowd spontaneously launches into a loud “TEXAS!!! …FIGHT!!!”. After about 4 or 5 reps, it’s gotten pretty loud and everyone is involved. Other guy, not Bob Cole just randomly yells “TEXAS!!!l" for no reason. WTF? We got this already, dickface. Sit this one out.

This and a million times this.

Let’s see how we handle Texas-Fight in the Cotton Bowl without mike douche bro-voice cackling TESHHXAAASHHH!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Players entrance was pretty crazy out side of the stadium. Sark and the guys were definitely ready for absolute war they looked like there would be zero fucking around.

Sweat looks even bigger in person he's an absolute unit. JWhitt may be the coolest personality on the team. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TexasTroll said:

Sooooo……

did  the   Showband of the Southwest even play or were they drowned out by Dj??

25 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I think that LHB and LHAB both performed yesterday.  Paging @Captainant for a first-hand account.

LHB played all game but yeah they can't compete with however many kilowatts of sound the PA system puts out. LHAB only got to play a couple of times, in past years we would play a couple times each quarter. 

There's definitely still an outsized and ridiculous emphasis put on the soundboard shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Was hot as balls in the 1H in Sec 17T. No breeze. Terrace Club was wall to wall nearly all game…

2H was more comfortable.

Who cares, we kicked their ass.

I’m a relative old (almost 40) and I enjoyed the music tbh. 

Bob Cole needs to stfu during Texas Fight. I yelled at him toward the west side by name to shut the fuck up, my wife was not amused.

My God, the beautiful/incredible ass was out today. I miss UT. 

You think?

IMG_6554.thumb.jpeg.5c6c30615c13cbb88035e2c3e4e1d00f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

On 9/28/2023 at 11:55 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

SRV (a different song each game) should be played before the band gets center stage (no speakertron!) for player entrance

and just once and awhile, a bit of creativity would be nice.....  they don't have to play something like the below song during the game.... how about after Eyes?.... the exit song on the way out, like the closing credits?  just a little creativity.....

+++

Warm winds blowing
Heat'n blue sky

Been thinking 'bout it lately
Been watching some TV
Been looking all around me
And what has come to me
Been talking to my neighbour
And he agrees with me

It's all gone crazy

Well my wife returns from taking
My little girl to school
She got beads of perspiration
As she tries to keep her cool

She says that mess it don't get no better
There's gonna come a day
Someone gonna get killed out there
And I turn to her and say

Texas

she says what?

I said Texas

she says what?

They got big long roads out there

Warm winds blowing
Heat'n blue sky

I'm going to Texas
We gotta get out of here
We gotta get out of here

Well I got a little brother
Several metres high
Yeah he's built just like a quarterback
And he swears he'll testify

He says he's been to Texas
And that's the only place to be
Big stakes, big girls, no trouble here
That's the place for me

I'm going to Texas
Yeah Yeah

I'm going to Texas
Yeah Yeah

I'm going to Texas

Watch me walking
Watch me walking
Watch me walking
Yeah Yeah

Killer good. Give this man a cigar--he wins the internet today. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And by the way, I particularly enjoyed the out-of-town scoreboard flashing "SCORES FROM AROUND THE SEC" and only showing SEC scores all game.  Not once did it show a Big12 score.

Wow. You're right - I just NOW realized this. ( I guess it was the heatstroke induced stupor as to why I don’t remember seeing any big12 scores on Saturday.) I do  remember having to Check my phone all day for said scores…