We might be headed to the SEC but we can never embrace the SEC

Thatguy

29 minutes ago, elfenix said:
34 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Probably GHB. Rohypnol is a really strong benzo - you don't just snap out of it after a couple hours. 

The voice of experience.

Of course. I like to keep both on hand - you never know what the situation will call for. 

14 hours ago, BillyBadAss said:

I dunno. I'll miss the Big 12. Have generally fond feelings towards Tech, ksu, isu, OSU. Enjoyed having tcu back in the fold.. 

The Big12 is my history as a Horns fan as we joined when I was a student.

I regret we couldn't make the PAC deal work with tech, OSU, and OU heading out. Would have loved that conference.

The SEC I guess will be cool to have some new matchups, but.. meh. Fuck em. I don't really feel any excitement for it.

The time zone difference makes (made) the PAC untenable to me. Screw those late games.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I find your familiarity with these drugs to be . . . unsurprising.

I've done a lot of benzos so I'm very familiar with how they work. Also knew a guy that did rohypnol recreationally and he had some wild fucking stories. You wouldn't just snap out of it like that. 

I knew there were a couple go-tos - I had to look up the other common one and what its half life is. I've never done GHB. By all accounts it's really fucking dangerous to mix alcohol with. 

It seems most fans of Sec member schools attach their self worth to the football fortunes of their teams and the conference. The degree to which this is true is unique to the Sec. 
Literally the only thing making their diploma worth more than the paper it's printed on. I once hired a Bama grad (or signed off on it, didn't interview myself) and this dude seriously made me wonder how he made it through high school much less ANY institute of higher learning.

In any large city there's a large number of losers whose self worth and mood depends on the pro sports team. Some SEC states don't have a pro sports team so the losers attach themselves to the flagship university sports. Patton Oswalt did a good movie about a pathetic New York Giants fan and this person exists everywhere.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fuck the SEC, I  have no association with any opponent in that conference. Most of our away games are going to be so damn far, it pretty much guarantees most of us will be missing 5-6 road games a year.

My friends from high school scattered around Texas to different colleges and friends from college scattered even further. 

Going to a Big 12 road game was a great excuse to see those friends, talk some smack, make new memories.

That's pretty much fucking gone with this SEC move.  It's too bad that move to the PAC fell apart - it would have been a lot more fun playing in that conference.

Edited by redswingline
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I used to work in IT desktop support for several state agencies. Fucking aggy everywhere, and they were the best at fucking up everything.

Do we have some stories...  Unfortunately, the bigged F up I dealt with in my tenure was a Dr. who did his schooling at UTHSC, so can't blame that one on aggy.

18 hours ago, ztejas said:

Of course. I like to keep both on hand - you never know what the situation will call for. 

arrested-development-gob.gif

I've somehow never heard all of these 2005 Ohio State stories. Sounds fucking misersable.

Now I'm curious - any thoughts/experiences with Ann Arbor? I've been talking about making the trip with my buddy. Probably stupid - I imagine Michigan fans being more chill than that, although I'm probably making a mistake in conflating my respect for their academics with whatever you might expect to be subjected to as a visiting fan in the big house.

Not Ann Arbor, but the Rose Bowl, 2005 vs Michigan, was probably one of my favorite tailgating experiences.  The Michigan fans were grabbing us and pulling us in the tents for beers.  They were chill, hospitible, and overall good people.  Even after the game, it was an experience.  Can't say I was even trash-talked by a single person.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yeah a Washington State night game

I'm talking about road trips. If I'm going to spend the coin, I'd rather go see us play USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, UW etc. There is a lot more to do and see vs the shit holes that most sec programs reside in.

something to do before / after the usc or ucla game

manhattanbeach.thumb.jpg.08ca95c2653765cb91bca2aad11cdd15.jpg

What the fuck do we do after playing ole miss? Go on a plantation tour?

plantation.thumb.jpg.926eb5db0de70e3dca6488e8243ea5fd.jpg

oh wait, here we go. We can go look at some fucking flowers

flowers.thumb.webp.3d87336cf3784ceb61692fe26e1a834d.webp

Edited by redswingline
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I've seen a bunch of SEC fans from other schools lately talking about Texas-Alabama being the "new rivalry" in the SEC. 9-2-1 is not a rivalry. Alabama is just another chump school who got lucky they didn't have to constantly play Texas while they became a "blueblood" just like Nebraska. LMFAO everybody wants to be Texas' rival. The SEC is a bunch of bratty children with losing records to Daddy Texas. Conference pride is for bottom-feeders.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 1:22 PM, Nicole44 said:

That does beg the question: when UT wins a MNC as a member of the SEC, does aggy do the SEC chant? 

MNCs aren't a thing in College Football anymore. We have an actual playoff, thus real national champions. Nothing mythical about them.

Unless you're talking about stuff like aggy's two most recent "championships," in which case, no, Texas will never "win" one of those.

59 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

MNCs aren't a thing in College Football anymore. We have an actual playoff, thus real national champions. Nothing mythical about them.

Unless you're talking about stuff like aggy's two most recent "championships," in which case, no, Texas will never "win" one of those.

4 team "playoff" is still crap.  Until it's including 8-16 teams, it's still an MNC in by book.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 4:32 PM, Zeus said:

Yes Gainsville and Florida is the equivalent in the SEC for sure. Gainsville has grown quite a bit but it's obviously not Austin. Florida has a medical school and decent size system but it's not UT System.

Still, miles and miles from the T-shirt fan dipshits we will run into in Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Lousiana... It's nothing but room temperature IQs and drugs/alcohol abuse in the poor areas in those states. 

Lol Athens is 100x times better than Gainesville. Clearly you don’t know anything about north Fla either, 

On 9/14/2023 at 9:40 AM, PvilleStang said:

Not Ann Arbor, but the Rose Bowl, 2005 vs Michigan, was probably one of my favorite tailgating experiences.  The Michigan fans were grabbing us and pulling us in the tents for beers.  They were chill, hospitible, and overall good people.  Even after the game, it was an experience.  Can't say I was even trash-talked by a single person.

I had one Michigan fan try to tackle because he wanted to see if it was possible after watching VY Houdini himself out of every tackle. They were great people. 

I went to Ohio State the next year and got in a fight with entire bar. Had everyone shouting "who is the asshole" because I was wearing burnt orange. Also had a guy try to fight me in the restroom. Flip side, I was also bought a million shots. Oh, and we had a firefighters in a fire truck flip us off when entering town (with burnt orange flying). Their fans were assholes, but mostly in a fun way. They were dead silent after the game. 

Edited by Dahobbs

On 9/13/2023 at 2:19 PM, ztejas said:

I've done a lot of benzos so I'm very familiar with how they work. Also knew a guy that did rohypnol recreationally and he had some wild fucking stories. You wouldn't just snap out of it like that. 

I knew there were a couple go-tos - I had to look up the other common one and what its half life is. I've never done GHB. By all accounts it's really fucking dangerous to mix alcohol with. 

It is great with a double. Get smashed, no hangover, no having to piss. Problem is people take more ghb and not more alcohol. That is a problem.

5 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I had one Michigan fan try to tackle because he wanted to see if it was possible after watching VY Houdini himself out of every tackle. They were great people. 

I went to Ohio State the next year and got in a fight with entire bar. Had everyone shouting "who is the asshole" because I was wearing burnt orange. Also had a guy try to fight me in the restroom. Flip side, I was also bought a million shots. Oh, and we had a firefighters in a fire truck flip us off when entering town (with burnt orange flying). Their fans were assholes, but mostly in a fun way. They were dead silent after the game. 

I remember a bunch of asshole Ohio State fans at Cain's the night before the 2006 game, too. Similarly, I remember a dude in there wearing michigan shirt who was giving the OSU fan shit back alongside the Texas fans. Said he came out because he knew he'd have the chance to talk shit to some douchebag buckeyes since they always do that shit.

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2023 at 7:18 PM, John80 said:

In any large city there's a large number of losers whose self worth and mood depends on the pro sports team. Some SEC states don't have a pro sports team so the losers attach themselves to the flagship university sports. Patton Oswalt did a good movie about a pathetic New York Giants fan and this person exists everywhere.

I know he did a movie about being a pathetic Giants fan, calling it good is debatable. 

On 9/14/2023 at 11:34 AM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I've seen a bunch of SEC fans from other schools lately talking about Texas-Alabama being the "new rivalry" in the SEC. 9-2-1 is not a rivalry. Alabama is just another chump school who got lucky they didn't have to constantly play Texas while they became a "blueblood" just like Nebraska. LMFAO everybody wants to be Texas' rival. The SEC is a bunch of bratty children with losing records to Daddy Texas. Conference pride is for bottom-feeders.

Texas is 3-8-1 all time against Vanderbilt.  And South Carolina has scoreboard on Texas right now (one game played, a 27-21 SC win in Austin in 1957).

The bratty children part, however, is not incorrect.

On 9/14/2023 at 9:27 AM, closetojumping said:

What's with the Chilean flag?

Of all hilarious texags phenomena over the last 20 years, the post-hoc explanation that the flag was to express support for the Chilean miners is second only to the complete exultation of the Chief as best defensive coordinator of all time.

10 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I remember a bunch of asshole Ohio State fans at Cain's the night before the 2006 game, too. Similarly, I remember a dude in there wearing michigan shirt who was giving the OSU fan shit back alongside the Texas fans. Said he came out because he knew he'd have the chance to talk shit to some douchebag buckeyes since they always do that shit.

I remember before that game my dad took me down to meet a couple of his Amarillo buddies in town for the game. One of them is exceedingly wealthy and also an exceedingly good pool player and was beating the brakes off of these dumpy, jorts-wearing osu fans. 

osu then proceeded to kick our ass on the actual football field, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Of all hilarious texags phenomena over the last 20 years, the post-hoc explanation that the flag was to express support for the Chilean miners is second only to the complete exultation of the Chief as best defensive coordinator of all time.

I figured they just missed Pinochet or something.