2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

On 9/11/2023 at 5:57 PM, Hermanator said:

Nice little stat here. Since the beginning of last season there are 3 games where Dak didn't have a turnover. Lions, Vikings, and last night. All 3 teams with winning records in 2022.  In those games the Cowboys are 3-0 with a combined point differential of 104-9. 

With this defense the most important thing is no turnovers. Dak doesn't need to be forcing shit like under Moore. He just needs to be early Seattle Russell Wilson for this team to have a shot in the playoffs. Make the play that's there, don't turn it over, scramble for yards when necessary. 

Now 134-19 point differential in the 4 games Dak doesn't have a turnover. 

37 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The color looked different because their uniforms were soaking wet because of the rain last week.

Well- yes, that makes a lot of sense. I had not considered that. Thanks. Not sure why I’m so passionate about Horns and Cowboys uniforms but if something looks askew, I have a hard time watching the actual football. 

One of those dipshits on the Ringer football podcasts picked Dallas to miss the playoff this year BECAUSE they lost Kellen Moore.  He's been apoplectic about it and has been riding San Diego BECAUSE they hired Kellen Moore.  It's been insane to listen to.
I see LAC is 0-2. Offense puts up shiny stats early on but fails when it matters most. Like clockwork for a Kellen Moore offense.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
On 9/18/2023 at 4:20 PM, PilotsError said:
One of those dipshits on the Ringer football podcasts picked Dallas to miss the playoff this year BECAUSE they lost Kellen Moore.  He's been apoplectic about it and has been riding San Diego BECAUSE they hired Kellen Moore.  It's been insane to listen to.

I see LAC is 0-2. Offense puts up shiny stats early on but fails when it matters most. Like clockwork for a Kellen Moore offense.

Their offense is ranked decently and it is inexcusable for their defense to be as bad as it is with a defensive coach and the players they have. That said, something about that offense is just off, and doesnt come through in big moments. I think as far as designing the offense and game planning Kellen does fine. His playcalling really does suck though and its like he has no feel for the game.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Their offense is ranked decently and it is inexcusable for their defense to be as bad as it is with a defensive coach and the players they have. That said, something about that offense is just off, and doesnt come through in big moments. I think as far as designing the offense and game planning Kellen does fine. His playcalling really does suck though and its like he has no feel for the game.

Exactly. His offenses are easy to figure out. It's nothing but you beat your man and if you can't, I have no adjustments and can't help you. Seems to be all or nothing with him. Either it looks extremely good or very bad, no real consistency. LAC had the ball both games with a chance to win and didn't. Herbert right now is Romo 2.0. 

41 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly. His offenses are easy to figure out. It's nothing but you beat your man and if you can't, I have no adjustments and can't help you. Seems to be all or nothing with him. Either it looks extremely good or very bad, no real consistency. LAC had the ball both games with a chance to win and didn't. Herbert right now is Romo 2.0. 

Oh man. If Herbert played for the Cowboys he would be absolutely ripped to shreds for making it this far into his career with no real signature win or any playoff success.

I like him, but he needs to produce. He's in year 4.

• Like 1

Dak would have been killed in the media and social media if he built up a 27-0 first half lead then completely turtled only scoring 3 points in the second half while the other QB tore his defense up on the way to a 27 pt deficit erasing win. Herbert largely skated on that. I don't know how much is he because he's a good looking white dude and how much is because he plays for a franchise that only a few thousand people give a shit about after bolting from SD. 

A Kellen Moore offense is just going to expose him further. He needs the Dak recipe... top 5 league defense and a coach to put the reins on him and manage the game. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Moore has zero feels for personnel or the game. His playcalling is insipid and predictable; my wife could call out the plays. And terrible tempo.

McCarthy’s doing well with playcalling, personnel packages, and tempo. Too bad they didn’t runoft moore when he arrived.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think Mike is basically calling the game.  And it's working.

I know all the hoopla about 5 FG's in the red zone...but if you watched that 2nd half, they literally didn't seem to even be trying.  Just take the points and built the lead.  That's one of the best Red zone defenses in the league and a good DL that was stopping all the runs(which is all they were trying).  In the first half they were being a bit more creative just the execution wasn't there(TE sweep?).

I think they'll tailer the offense to the game and team they're playing.  If Rodgers was playing on Sunday I doubt they would have been so conservative in the 2nd half.

On 9/20/2023 at 2:02 PM, Pam Cummings said:

Oh man. If Herbert played for the Cowboys he would be absolutely ripped to shreds for making it this far into his career with no real signature win or any playoff success.

I like him, but he needs to produce. He's in year 4.

Their head coach is an idiot when it comes to game management. He's the main reason.

30 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Biadasz hurt his hammy today too. Getting an MRI.

Pets’ heads all the way off.

This is potentially a bigger deal than Diggs's knee getting blowed up real good if it were a long term deal. Hopefully just a typical short-term deal.

Edited by DougO