2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Biadasz hurt his hammy today too. Getting an MRI.

Pets’ heads all the way off.

That sucks too, although early word is it's minor.  I wonder who would play center??  Bass?

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I truly think they have the depth to recover...obviously a step down of course, but should be okay.

Missing the center for an extended time is MUCH worse.

Than Diggs?  Nah.  I like what Tyler has worked himself into and he's turned into a good player but there's a reason Diggs got the contract he did.  Only fortunate thing is he did it early and may be back almost 100% for next season.  Tyler's injury reads like it's minor.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Than Diggs?  Nah.  I like what Tyler has worked himself into and he's turned into a good player but there's a reason Diggs got the contract he did.  Only fortunate thing is he did it early and may be back almost 100% for next season.  Tyler's injury reads like it's minor.  

I meant in more of the “they have depth at DB but not interior OL” way.

Really interesting 4D Chess here:

On Tuesday, the 49ers signed eighth-year veteran cornerback Anthony Brown.

On Thursday, the 49ers released Brown.

On Friday, the 49ers re-signed Brown.

What’s interesting about this series of transactions? Brown started 69 games, including 12 in 2022, over seven seasons in Dallas.

After the Cowboys lost All-Pro cornerback Trevon Diggs to a torn ACL suffered in Thursday’s practice, the possibility of a recently released Brown re-joining the Cowboys seemed logical. But in a league where it’s not uncommon for teams to glean intel on opponents from players in transition, it won’t happen now.

The 49ers, who eliminated Dallas in the playoffs the past two seasons and have a showdown with the Cowboys looming on Oct. 8, have blocked that possibility

Edited by BeardIP

Jerry and Stephen really looked at this roster in the preseason, saw exactly 5 OL that belong in the NFL (several of whom have extensive injury histories), and said, “yeah, that’ll work”. 

As much as I’ve fretted about the health of this o line and the need for more bodies, they didn’t do horrible today. I hope these three make it back next week as Belichik will be looking to fuck with them and Dak. Martins groin is a real concern; those usually don’t heal quickly .

On 9/24/2023 at 8:22 PM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Don't stress about Diggs, we got Super Dak 

- Drew 

I mean take away 3 starting OL and start 3 guys for the first time ever and it's not going to be fun for the offense. They still sucked that game though. There's no excusing it...the defense was garbage and the offense didn't step up, ALL of them.

For anybody here who's still crying about losing Randy Gregory, he's available again. I guess the Broncos awesome defense didn't have room for him any more.

We missed a bullet when his agent sent him to Denver instead of taking the matching Dallas deal. Gregory is another example of Jerry’s failed redemption projects like Jaylon smith, Trey Lance, Pac-Man Jones and on and on. Never should have been drafted and should have been released years earlier.

Hopefully Jerry doesn’t answer his agents phone and Gregory goes wherever taco charlton and other lowlifes are.

That was brutal. Dak was never worth the money they gave him but according to posters like Drew, “it was his turn.” Fuck that. He’s even more limited than he was before his horrible ankle injury and his weapons aren’t good enough to mask his inefficiencies. CeeDee isn’t good enough as a #1 and Pollard will never be as good as Zeke’s first couple of seasons.

• Hook 'Em 2