Texas vs. Wyoming - Game 3 - 7pm on (for the last time) LHN

Pancho

I don’t give a shit whether or not the Horns ever cover the spread because I don’t bet with my heart.  I don’t care if we get a one point win over the worst team in football.  As long as the number on the left goes up by one every week and the number on the right is zero I’m going to be happy.  If that doesn’t make you happy, then you probably need to get laid 

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So about that smoke that was blasting during the game… what was it like for the people who were sitting right there and couldn’t breathe? I think they should ditch that smoke. 5aad68f94f3f5c762df0b035f24e2792.jpg

We sit right in line with the sideline in that endzone and the smoke smelled like smoke and hung around for 5 minutes and then was gone, aka not a big deal at all.

Why are we putting Sergio Garcia up on the godzillatron 2.0? Just cuz he is another rich asshole that moved here?  He will gleefully play and or root for the euros in the next Ryder Cup.  Who decides what we put up on that screen?

We had that 3m tribute to t Boone Pickens and really nothing for cedric when all that happened.  

I'm also starting of thinking on getting in the fire bob Cole bandwagon. He was fine when we still had a track around the field and even up to jet pack guy,  but now we got drones. 

Edited by bigbevo76
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, bigbevo76 said:

Why are we putting Sergio Garcia up on the godzillatron 2.0? Just cuz he is another rich asshole that moved here?  He will gleefully play and or root for the euros in the next Ryder Cup.  Who decides what we put up on that screen?

His wife played golf at UT and is Marty Akins' daughter.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There is a difference between unbuttoned jeans as a choice and unbuttoned jeans because your fupa/gunt is to big to button them

true

still like it though

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Peter Criss?

...I appear to have somehow completely misspelled "Ace Frehley."

I was looking at Ace, I was THINKING Ace, I got worried that I'd misspell his name (frehely? freihly? frehlee?), went to look it up... and... spelled it the worst way it possibly could be spelled.

I don't even know, man. I hang my head in shame.

Edited by Rimbo

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

true

...I appear to have somehow completely misspelled Ace Frehley.

I was looking at Ace, I was THINKING Ace, I got worried that I'd misspell his name (frehely? freihly? frehlee?), went to look it up... and... spelled it the worst way it possibly could be spelled.

Wrong, Try again. Only 2 dudes left so you got 50/50

KISS-Ace-Frehley@2000x1500.jpg

• Haha 2

Good
>Wyoming gameplan and oline. They took the air out of the ball, especially in 3rd quarter. Respect.
>Tube tops
>Xavier Worthy’s TD. He reminds me of Wane McGarity but with worse hands and less tracking ability.
>Drones
>4th Quarter

Bad
>Nonstop jock rock and hip hop
>Quinn Ewers
>Texas Fight instructions

Ugly
>The overall gameday environment for fans of college football. Very few replays. No band. Sensory overload. It’s clear the experience is designed to appeal to a broader audience. And suck the life out of the crowd. When you long for injury timeouts thats an issue.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

true

still like it though

...I appear to have somehow completely misspelled "Ace Frehley."

you are so close...

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Good
>Wyoming gameplan and oline. They took the air out of the ball, especially in 3rd quarter. Respect.
>Tube tops
>Xavier Worthy’s TD. He reminds me of Wane McGarity but with worse hands and less tracking ability.
>Drones
>4th Quarter

Bad
>Nonstop jock rock and hip hop
>Quinn Ewers
>Texas Fight instructions

Ugly
>The overall gameday environment for fans of college football. Very few replays. No band. Sensory overload. It’s clear the experience is designed to appeal to a broader audience. And suck the life out of the crowd. When you long for injury timeouts thats an issue.

I would add ugly, if true, the Wyoming fans chanting don't get up when Cole was injured.  I still can't believe a) they were chanting during the injury and b) that that is what they were actually saying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I would add ugly, if true, the Wyoming fans chanting don't get up when Cole was injured.  I still can't believe a) they were chanting during the injury and b) that that is what they were actually saying.

I couldn't make it out at first, but after someone nearby told me, it made sense and seemed to fit what my ears were hearing.

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Ugly

Yeah it really is just too much and too little at the same time. Constant blasting of the jumbotron kills any crowd spontanaety. Constantly showing Bevo ripping through the opponent's flag instead of a replay that never materializes is absolutely infuriating. Going home with my ears bleeding is maybe just not a necessity after attending a football game. Even my 17 yo said it was way too loud for most of the content. When the teenagers say it's too loud, then it's probably too gotdamn loud. The weird part is that it didn't usually bother me when there was actual music playing. It was the worst during anything else.

The light show is ok, but nothing to write home about or make me wanna go to the game. The drone show thing is cool, but falls flat a little when it's 10-10 with Wyoming, heading into the 4th.

Bottom line, give me a team that's playing good Texas football and winning games, and I'll be happy. Don't do that, and none of the bells and whistles will ever make up for it.

ETA: Fuck Bob Cole. Dude needed to be gone ten years ago.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Did anyone get a pic of that buxom Hellraiser? My sister kept yelling "titties!" every time they were on screen

The one in the top left corner of the screen? Got damn. It was funny. When she was on the screen, I knew there were a fuck ton of people looking exactly where I was looking. Absolutely mesmerizing to watch her try to keep that tube top from slipping down.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

oh God dammit

every photo i saw of Simmons looked like this

2021-tribeca-festival-biography-kisstory

not so much like this

41-aSmMJ9-L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_

ok ok so it's Gene Simmons makeup

I just fuck off right about now @dcar00

in my defense she did a shitty job copying it

I think this is why Gene wanted Ace out of the band.  he copied his makeup too close.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

PAWG.

She will not age well.

can you imagine her begging to be the "S" and the guys getting together saying

"gotdammit does she have to be the S?  Can't we get some ruling from the president or something?"

"OK, she can be the S but I refuse to be the A".

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigbevo76 said:

Sergio seems to dig the Horns. He's a Euro cunt but he married into it and is sort of a half Austinite. I've never seen him have a bad attitude or act shitty or anything while in Austin. 

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

can you imagine her begging to be the "S" and the guys getting together saying

"gotdammit does she have to be the S?  Can't we get some ruling from the president or something?"

"OK, she can be the S but I refuse to be the A".

IIRC when my friends were in the hellraisers, the letters are like rank. Getting the T is the highest rank, S is the lowest.

Then again, back then, girls couldn't be in the hellraisers. They were called the Bees Bells or some shit back then, and were like a sister group.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

25 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

IIRC when my friends were in the hellraisers, the letters are like rank. Getting the T is the highest rank, S is the lowest.

Then again, back then, girls couldn't be in the hellraisers. They were called the Bees Bells or some shit back then, and were like a sister group.

Nope, letters aren't in rank.  They're handed down from the older guys as they leave.  Consider there are 50+ guys out there.  The letters are constants, the Horns on either side of Texas changed week in and week out.  Now that the Hellraiser Honeys are folded in to the Hellraisers, I can't speak to the method anymore.

11 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Ugly

I have really bad news for you and the rest of us old guys out there--the Athletics Department is not going to cater to "fans of college football" to the exclusion of "a broader audience."  Because the students today are broadly not fans of college football.

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the interests and viewing habits of Gen Z, but they're not into watching sports (college or professional).  And if all you have on offer is 1) football and 2) a band playing Wabash Cannonball (fucking seriously?), you're not going to attract a whole lot of students.  And that means in ten years, you're not going to have a whole lot of people making donations to the LHF and sitting in those expensive west side stands.

So yeah, Milo--

Image of There's a saying, Milo: "If it's too loud, you're too old."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Nope, letters aren't in rank.  They're handed down from the older guys as they leave.  Consider there are 50+ guys out there.  The letters are constants, the Horns on either side of Texas changed week in and week out.  Now that the Hellraiser Honeys are folded in to the Hellraisers, I can't speak to the method anymore.

rank pretty much covers it.  maybe instead of the honeys they should call them the pooh bears.

I have really bad news for you and the rest of us old guys out there--the Athletics Department is not going to cater to "fans of college football" to the exclusion of "a broader audience."  Because the students today are broadly not fans of college football.
I don't know if you've been paying attention to the interests and viewing habits of Gen Z, but they're not into watching sports (college or professional).  And if all you have on offer is 1) football and 2) a band playing Wabash Cannonball (fucking seriously?), you're not going to attract a whole lot of students.  And that means in ten years, you're not going to have a whole lot of people making donations to the LHF and sitting in those expensive west side stands.
So yeah, Milo--

5ba8485c-1e6e-431c-ae68-ae50f36a2f65_text.gif

There’s plenty of concepts that could work and do work for other schools.

But for us, open alcohol sales have worked wonders as has putting students altogether.

That’s 90% of what was needed to improve things. Fielding a winning team and getting SEC teams in here does this rest.

The other stuff is filler.
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

There’s plenty of concepts that could work and do work for other schools.

But here's the thing: there are a lot of things that aren't working at other schools.  

Take a look a college football attendance around the country.  It's down markedly over the last ten years.  And that reduction is led by the student sections.  

There's a big reason why Texas and a whole lot of other schools are experimenting with "filler."  There are a lot of reasons to opt for the couch rather than going to the game.  Texas, and every other athletic department in the country, is looking at that "filler" to provide a reason to get off the couch and come to the game.

But for a lot of our students and younger alumni, the game isn't a draw at all.  For them, there are a lot of reasons to go do anything else on a Saturday.  The "filler" is intended to provide a reason to go to a game that they otherwise have no interest in.

• Like 1

I agree with LL this is about continuity of attendance and the donor class as older generations age out. 

The general problem with the filler is always going to be the issue of somebody can do that filler piece better as their point of 100% focus than an AD can when it is one of a hundred things they are trying to manage. 

There was almost certainly a better concert in Austin on Saturday night

There was almost certainly a better dance party in Austin on Saturday night  

Hell there may have been a better light show

There is better food to eat, better drinks to drink at hundreds of places not named DKR-TMS 

Etc etc etc  

Execution is always going to be the tough part but get used to it  It ain’t going away  

But here's the thing: there are a lot of things that aren't working at other schools.  
Take a look a college football attendance around the country.  It's down markedly over the last ten years.  And that reduction is led by the student sections.  
There's a big reason why Texas and a whole lot of other schools are experimenting with "filler."  There are a lot of reasons to opt for the couch rather than going to the game.  Texas, and every other athletic department in the country, is looking at that "filler" to provide a reason to get off the couch and come to the game.
But for a lot of our students and younger alumni, the game isn't a draw at all.  For them, there are a lot of reasons to go do anything else on a Saturday.  The "filler" is intended to provide a reason to go to a game that they otherwise have no interest in.

Like I said, grouping students together fixes a lot of things. You can then work that crowd with experiences, camera work, general admission policies, spirit groups, phone interaction, prizes, and welltimed stadium interaction. They also entertain themselves and create unique experiences.

Alcohol fixes the other issues as does winning and playing bigtime programs.

Gimmicks are not why college football is special. The UT gameday experience is bloated to say the least.