2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaise’s hall in Hallettsville, holler!  Next to the hall is a convenience store slash beer joint that the old farmers and cattle ranchers sit around and drink at.  It’s entertaining and has cheap beer.  

Was Weid Hall not available?
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Another TE before JT???

JT is the most athletic outside but he didn’t help himself with the poor blocking . He should be the next TE off the board though 

Edited by D3zii

Just now, jeevsie said:

Another TE before JT???

Half of Surly would’ve put up more bench reps than him.  We all thought he’d be a workout warrior and he was completely the opposite.  Embarrassing actually.  

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

First RB drafted two years in a row ain’t a bad thing to be telling recruits.  I knew we stole Brooks because he was from a small school but wow at his offer list:

IMG_3957.jpeg

He is universally beloved by EVERYONE in that Hallettsville area. Really good guy. 

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

First RB drafted two years in a row ain’t a bad thing to be telling recruits.  I knew we stole Brooks because he was from a small school but wow at his offer list:

IMG_3957.jpeg

I remember when he committed he had a playoff run with like 300 yards of a game or some ridiculous number. I knew the dude was special. I have no idea why he was a low three star under everybody’s radar, but we absolutely stole him and he’s now a millionaire.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Half of Surly would’ve put up more bench reps than him.  We all thought he’d be a workout warrior and he was completely the opposite.  Embarrassing actually.  

You don’t know much about Surly posters do you ?

My guess is that half of us could not even press the bar without the weights and the other half would just be at the bar.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

My biggest confusion is why teams don’t value Jaylen Ford?!! I’m not saying he was the best but I think he’s better than day 3 

Every linebacker that has been taken has had an on-screen scouting report of “explosive”. Would you describe him that way?

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What’s wrong with the lb from nc state?  6’4 230, ran a 4.43 and had 400 tackles in college. 

He’s had two knee surgeries. Yes, he had a helluva collegiate career, but the injury history has to be considered. As a Cowboys fan who lived thru Sean Lee and Vander Esch, I’m ok passing.

*Fixed Vander Esch 

Edited by Vito Andolini

1 minute ago, Da Fino said:

Every linebacker that has been taken has had an on-screen scouting report of “explosive”. Would you describe him that way?

What does that have to do with being a good Lb?!? Just cause he’s not explosive??

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Visualize the best LBs in the NFL and then tell me which one is not explosive

Cashman

Kendrick 

is definitely starting LB’s that’s not explosive, and Ford has explosion. But his instincts and coverage should cover for the lack of explosion 

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Cashman

Kendrick 

is definitely starting LB’s that’s not explosive, and Ford has explosion. But his instincts and coverage should cover for the lack of explosion 

But you wouldn’t consider them among the best right now, which is what that poster said. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think NFL GMs probably do the same shit a lot of dumb fuck hiring managers do in real life.  If you like someone's personality and buy their bullshit?  "Wow.  What a great guy!  Let's hire that dude!"  If you don't get the feel goods from some dude, even if he's wildly qualified?  "Yeah, they're not a culture fit."

It's why I've had to spend my entire life working with/around halfwits whose real skills are sucking up to the boss and spinning bullshit.  

AD went about half a round later than he should have.  Colts got themselves a baller.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Da Fino said:

But you wouldn’t consider them among the best right now, which is what that poster said. 

Understood, but I still think he’s good enough to go 2nd day is all I was alluding to 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

He is universally beloved by EVERYONE in that Hallettsville area. Really good guy. 

Brooks saved our asses so many times last season and damn if he was healthy we would’ve definitely won the Natty last year. Fucking injury bug stinks. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Why is every dude in every war room dressed the same?  Suit with no tie?

And they all slap high fives and play tummy sticks after each pick. Laughing at war room shots is one of the reasons I check in on the draft every year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1