Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Cool, and most were easy passes to wide open receivers and a couple of great catches by the WRs.  Now talk about the 3 turnovers, including one that could've been thrown to Worthy for a TD.  Quinn wasn't the reason we lost but let's not pretend he was great either.

The turnovers sucked but he played a near flawless 2nd half.

84% completion percentage with over 30 completions has happened once in Texas history (today).
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Did he not start the game with a ridiculous interception and fumble the ball, both of which were completely avoidable? I mean really, it's as if the Quinn Ewers Politburo will allow no legitimate criticism.

Receiver quits on his route and Sanders gets popped and ball pops up in the air. Ewers bad play was the fumble.

• Hook 'Em 1

Team didn’t have a bunch of effort. There were a lot of plays where where guys just stood around instead of blocking, not just the usual suspect but the OL did it some.

Several plays where the DL was held and they just stopped and watched the play. Losing is one thing, quitting and lack of effort is infuriating.

9 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

No other Texas QB in our history completed more passes in a row than Ewers did today. He missed on 2 of his last 27 passes with one of those being a Hail Mary….

And, yet, somehow, Sark can't get one yard with 4 shots from OU 1. And plays for long FG when it was obvious a TD was needed (or at least a first down on 3rd and 9). 

That's a Sark world loss. One of the great passing games by a UT QB and we still lose. To f*cking OU of all teams.

Edited by BevoAbyss

5 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

lol at us going 12-1

any you really think a 12-1 texas gets in over and undefeated or one loss big10, sec, pac and acc champ?  that’s a laugh 

Yes, losing sucks. And the world is ending and 12-1 seems laughable. 

I don’t know what the scenario will be at the end of the season and who they would get in over, all I know is that there’s literally no way a 12-1 Texas is left out of the CFP. It’s stupid to think otherwise and you’re not paying attention to how the system works. 

Just now, BevoAbyss said:

And, yet, somehow, Sark can't get one yard with 4 shots from OU 1. And plays for long FG when it was obvious a TD was needed (or at least a first down on 3rd and 9). 

That's a Sark world loss. One of the great passing games by a UT QB and we still lose.

He's just a more likeable version of Herman. Too smart for his own good.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

Just saw the stats. 

no way in hell I would have guessed QE only had 6 incompletions.

i guess 2 ints’ and struggles inside the red zone will do that.

Let's not also forget the multiple sacks on passing downs. His pocket presence is a work in progress. Not all of those sacks are on him though, but there were certainly occasions where he needed to shit or get off the pot.

1 minute ago, BevoAbyss said:

That's a Sark world loss. One of the great passing games by a UT QB and we still lose.

Needed to run out the clock at a minimum. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I don't even get mad about OU holding anymore.  They've done it and gotten away with it for so long, it's just SOP now.

What pisses me off is the one-sided way holding is called.  If Texas were to start holding against OU in retaliation, you better believe the Rig XII zebras would be all up in our shit.

They called us for a false start on the center when he was barely moving on a huge 4th down play. They showed the replay and he was not even moving. 

It's all good though this is the last year in this pathetic conference and starting next year there won't be 20 times the refs stop the game to talk or review shit or whatever. The refs dominated this game it made it unwatchable. 

Sure a few times they fucked up then corrected the call and it went our way, but how many times do you want to watch the zebras watching the little TV on the field hoping they unfuck themselves?

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Let's not also forget the multiple sacks on passing downs. His pocket presence is a work in progress. Not all of those sacks are on him though, but there were certainly occasions where he needed to shit or get off the pot.

He holds it too long.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

well he wasn't worried about Mitchell running past him because Mitchell was supposed to get across his face but he gave up on the route.

As a DB you don’t know that, unless film study which proves my point. OU’s coaches definitely had their team prepared 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Receiver quits on his route and Sanders gets popped and ball pops up in the air. Ewers bad play was the fumble.

I'll have to rewatch the first one when it gets to youtube. Sanders getting popped I agree with which is why I didn't mention that one. Sanders didn't have a firm grasp on the ball when he got popped either. Not one I'd ding Ewers for.

1 minute ago, Darth Tron said:

We had this game fucking won.  Despite injuries, Quinn mistakes, OU with the momentum, and losing the LOS on both sides all game.  We had it won with 1:17 left.  

Then our defense bent over and spread their asscheeks.

Should have given fat Gary a blank check. 

• Like 1

This of course is emotional bull shit and not true. There was a stretch at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th where we changed our approach and it greatly affected Gabriel. It also resulted in a few batted balls. We adjusted from our soft zone and played more aggressive sending blitzers in and it literally changed the game. Then with everything on the line we reverted to thing that did not work earlier. 
Just insanely stupid to revert back to that shit at the critical moment. 

I guess when I rewatch I’ll see this amazing pressure I didn’t notice the first time

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I'll have to rewatch the first one when it gets to youtube. Sanders getting popped I agree with which is why I didn't mention that one. Sanders didn't have a firm grasp on the ball when he got popped either. Not one I'd ding Ewers for.

I thought Ewers threw it late and high (but I'm also drunk and angry now). My initial thought was an earlier throw that Sanders doesn't have to reach for and it probably ends as a TD

Edited by UTHornFan014

8 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I don't know if we have two more losses coming up or not, but I agree with this part. Team and staff have work to do.

9 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

I don't think you've been watching. We may lose one but likely not and we'll come back to Dallas pissed off. We had three turnovers, lost our center and safety early, and blew a 1st and goal and still should have won. The line of scrimmage is what worries me. Were we exposed or out-coached?

We can definitely lose to TCU, BYU and even Tech if we play like this. Honestly we shouldn’t go into any game thinking we can’t. We’re not that good yet. 

@ Both, we were exposed defensive wise, with our defensive passing game. Now mind you I think OU may be one of the best passing teams in the country, but I don’t think Texas defense would do any better against that offense if we play again, I’m just being honest.  

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

That was legit - you can’t hit the kickers leg in the air unless you block it. 

To say he hit it is dubious. I though the acting job was more believable that what actually transpired. 

Regardless, just emphasizing another instance where Texas beats themselves with an avoidable penalty.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We gave up 7 points off turnovers. The second int led to the blocked punt TD. Hard to say that’s why we lost. 

Turnovers also reduce our point output... So not just the 7, whatever the NPV / weighted average of a drive is. 3 possesionss is probably worth another 7 to 10 points.