Outcoached

Pancho

10 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

L before a bye might be what the players need. We’ve been sniffing our own farts since the Bama win. Maybe this refocuses us.

Either OU has really improved or we aren’t nearly as good as we thought we were. I think the latter based upon an incomplete evaluation of who 2023 Bama is and putting a lot of wood behind that particular arrow of a win. Our D line didn’t look near as good. Our O line looked like it was the mediocre unit we’ve been used to. Not being able to punch it in from the 1 is unforgivable. We couldn’t get any takeaways and DG seemed like he could do whatever he wanted at times.

I think we came out tight and nervous and played scared, I guess that could be on the coaches, but other than that I just don’t think we are as good as we thought we were.

I still think there is a chance we win out and I think we can beat OU if we play them again. It’s a down year in college football, to be honest which bodes well for us.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Sark asked them to have fun. OU, on the other hand, played angry and as if their life depended on winning. Attitude was the biggest difference imo. Our players didn't make the extra effort that's often the deciding factor in a rivalry game like this.

Sums it all up

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

37 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I mean what do you expect, our fanbase sees itself as superior to Oklahoma in every single way. OU fans need this to define them, we're Texas.

I mean I expect our team to understand that this game defines them every single year.

Just now, Parabellum said:

I mean I expect our team to understand that this game defines them every single year.

And actually I expect our HC to understand it as well.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

30 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

There is a long way to go this season and a whole bunch of teams in contention, unfortunately after today 1 of those teams is OU.

OU is going to get beat in the coming weeks.   They won’t have the emotion in one of those games like they had in this one and they will come out flat and lose unexpectedly.     Plenty of opportunities for them to underperform and lose.   First crack at it will be at Kansas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

OU is going to get beat in the coming weeks.   They won’t have the emotion in one of those games like they had in this one and they will come out flat and lose unexpectedly.     Plenty of opportunities for them to underperform and lose.   First crack at it will be at Kansas. 

Or they’ll do like they usually do and win the rest of their conference games by 30

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I don’t think that’s good for us. For Texas to make the CFP, we need ou to be undefeated and then beat them in the b12 championship. 

This is the problem with people being “okay” with Texas losing this game more than not. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

We have no business being in any playoff.  Washington, Michigan, Oregon, etc would kick the shit of us.   

Classic over reaction. All of those teams could beat us. We could beat all of those teams.

We definitely need to put any thoughts about the playoffs out of our heads. Go back to work and get better. The playoffs thing will sort itself out.
  • Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Let me get this straight...

We were missing 4 starters most of the game.

We turned the ball over 3 times.

We dropped a pick in our own end zone.

We committed a bunch of mental penalties.

And we still almost won. 

And you think it's the coach's fault that we didn't?

Yeah, the goal line stand playcalling sucked.  But, the fake punt was great.  The 4th and 1 touchdown pass was great.  Sark did not lose this game, guys.  We made too many mistakes on the field.

And, we're going to win the rematch in a couple of months.  

Kinda how i feel. We started the game with a pick and let them score. We had a bad running into the kicker penalty that led to points. Just too much to overcome. And still should have.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We have no business being in any playoff.  Washington, Michigan, Oregon, etc would kick the shit 

There is no team this year that would beat the shit out of us. We played really poorly and still lost by just one score to a very good amd inspired rival.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We have no business being in any playoff.  Washington, Michigan, Oregon, etc would kick the shit out of us.   

Lol, Michigan has played Nebraska, Rutgers, UNLV and Bowling Green.

Oregon almost lost to Tech

Washington has played Tulsa, Michigan St, Cal, and Arizona.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We have no business being in any playoff.  Washington, Michigan, Oregon, etc would kick the shit out of us.   

Uh no.   Duck barley got by Tech and Michigan enjoys being shielded by a relatively hot hum conference until they play Ohio State.  And all we have to do is recall how they looked against TCU last season after stepping out of the Big 10 bubble.   

I try lawsuits for a living. We do discovery before the trial so we know what’s coming. We don’t make mistakes during trial. Sometimes we lose to a better lawyer, or because they have the better of the facts .

How come Steve’s “trial team” makes mistake after mistake after mistake, after doing “discovery” (watching five games of film on OU).  It’s like they never saw a tempo offense or a running quarterback before.

And then his postgame comments”aw shucks I’m proud of the team.”  Really?  Screw you buddy.  I would fired or probably sued for making the kind of mistakes this clown and his team made today. How are you so unprepared?  Jeezus.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

The coaching issue isn’t in the players missing the block. It’s in WHO they’re asking to make the block.

asking guys WHO DONT BLOCK “FOR A LIVING” on 3 straight plays is 100% the coaching issue.

Asking a guy who plays defense to run a pass route and catch a ball is dumb unless it works right? 

3 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

I try lawsuits for a living. We do discovery before the trial so we know what’s coming. We don’t make mistakes during trial. Sometimes we lose to a better lawyer, or because they have the better of the facts .

How come Steve’s “trial team” makes mistake after mistake after mistake, after doing “discovery” (watching five games of film on OU).  It’s like they never saw a tempo offense or a running quarterback before.

And then his postgame comments”aw shucks I’m proud of the team.”  Really?  Screw you buddy.  I would fired or probably sued for making the kind of mistakes this clown and his team made today. How are you so unprepared?  Jeezus.

A self-absorbed lawyer who can’t put a period at the right spot at the end of the sentence saying he never makes mistakes is pretty great. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Asking a guy who plays defense to run a pass route and catch a ball is dumb unless it works right? 

Asking him to run the route and catch it 3 times in a row (especially after he dropped it the first 2x) would absolutely be fucking idiotic

35 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t think that’s good for us. For Texas to make the CFP, we need ou to be undefeated and then beat them in the b12 championship. 

This is the problem with people being “okay” with Texas losing this game more than not. 

On the other hand if Alabama stays undefeated and wins the SEC, we win the rig12, people gon wanna see that rematch. 

Remember the committee picks based on dollars, and if we handle business and win the big12, they ain't gonna turn down them dollars. 

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Asking him to run the route and catch it 3 times in a row (especially after he dropped it the first 2x) would absolutely be fucking idiotic

Asking a team to block an overly aggressive defensive front is just as dumb. Running it 3 times was the right move. You don't throw from the 1. Ask the Seahawks. 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Asking a team to block an overly aggressive defensive front is just as dumb. Running it 3 times was the right move. You don't throw from the 1. Ask the Seahawks. 

Except we throw whip route touchdowns constantly. 

Running it 3 times would be ok if we did something different from the goal line DE package. 

Why didn't we put Red in at wildcat and try that shit? Worked really good anytime we did it all year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Exactly. We seem to watch ou make the big play more regularly. This rivalry means way more to them than it us does to us. I’d love to watch us come in foaming at the mouth to win every year the way ou comes in hating us. 

We did that last yr. 49-0 remember?

Sark lost this game because he is the head coach.  he's not the OC only.   It is all on him.  

If the team comes out and quits fucking around for once in the 1H and puts the rest of these teams away I can let this go.  It's time to start kicking ass from the get go.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

have you seen their schedule?

Just now, NAVY said:

Bunch of pussies in this thread. OU got a butt ton of good bounces while UT had a bunch of bad ones. 

I love the odds if we play again this year   

the bounce after the bad snap was about as good as it gets, it was like a fucking handoff

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yet we did throw it from the 1 on 4th down.

🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Sark asked them to have fun. 

This. This right here appears to be the reason we get "outcoached", particularly when the opposition has a rock-hard boner prepared for our ass. What was it Saint Darrell said? Angry people win football games. Get 'em angry, coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No way. Ou isn’t that good. Kansas can beat them at home. And okie lite is a rivalry game. 

If you're pinning your hopes on oSu to beat OU simply because it's a rivalry game then you should just go ahead and pencil OU into Arlington. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

This. This right here appears to be the reason we get "outcoached", particularly when the opposition has a rock-hard boner prepared for our ass. What was it Saint Darrell said? Angry people win football games. Get 'em angry, coach. 

I can't imagine Saban telling his team to go out there and have fun in his pre-game speech.

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The data says otherwise, the odds of success are essentially the same.  About 53% for running and 48% for passes from the 1 yard line.

The chances of an INT are 3% and a lost fumble 1.5%.

Link

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If you're pinning your hopes on oSu to beat OU simply because it's a rivalry game then you should just go ahead and pencil OU into Arlington. 

I’m not pinning hopes but acting like this ou team in unbeatable is dumb. If we don’t step on our own dicks we win by 2-3 td’s. Ou can absolutely lose a rivalry game to okie lite. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m not pinning hopes but acting like this ou team in unbeatable is dumb. If we don’t step on our own dicks we win by 2-3 td’s. Ou can absolutely lose a rivalry game to okie lite. 

Okie lite almost never shows up for that game 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

You’re the one who said “you don’t throw from the 1.” declaring it a bad call to do so.

Listen dude. You want Sarkisian to be a terrible coach so bad that you are willing to move the goal posts to do it. We are 5-1, recruiting is rolling, we played awful against Ou and lost with 16 seconds left on the clock. First it was 7 win Steve. Then he surpassed that and you were still talking. Now we are 5-1, beat a now 5-1 Bama team on the road, and are closest game was against our rival who may happen to be pretty good. We could win 10 games and you will be back here moving the goal posts yet again. You would rather be right then win football games.

My point was with throwing it you don't drop back and throw it every time down there either. You said we should've had people out there who know how to block. Well, they were all out there. OU was just defeating our line. Didn't help that Majors was out.

• Hook 'Em 1