Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

6 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Before deciding on the final solution, Hitler considered transplanting the Jews to Madagascar.  

True story wife proposed honeymooning there until she discovered they had an active national outbreak of the plague. Like actual, literal bulbonic plague. 

So we went to Zanzibar instead and she caught montezumas revenge anyway lulz. 

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Just got a "Breaking News" email from the NYT that Israel bombed the hospital. Nice job confirming the story before you rush it out there fucksticks. 

“In war, truth is the first casualty.” The mass media rushing atrocity stories to print is unsurprising to say the least. Best to take a breath and wait for further investigation to clear things up. But that’s not how human beings work, for the most part.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, NoName said:

well...

it's too late though:

earlier Israel sent out a recommendation for all of their citizens to leave Turkey.

additional info:

+

+

well, shit.

i was going to post a video that they say is the failed launch but man idk if i trust the account so not going to post it until more reliable/trustworthy people do.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Al Jazeera Live Update page links to this Twitter account from a WaPo journalist. Sorry for the editorializing from the first tweet. Focus on the second.

Seems we got some ordinance experts here.  Does that look like a prime-grade munition explosion or one of improvised rockets used by the various Palestinian groups? I have no fucking idea how to assess that, but it looks like a big fucking boom. 

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Al Jazeera Live Update page links to this Twitter account from a WaPo journalist. Sorry for the editorializing from the first tweet. Focus on the second.

I bet some geolocation and directional analysis could figure out where that came from pretty quick.  

Reuters
11:16 PM
Hamas leader says U.S. holds responsibility for Gaza hospital attack
The United States is responsible for the attack on a Gaza hospital that killed hundreds of Palestinians, Palestinian Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said in a televised speech on Tuesday, stressing that Washington gave Israel "the cover for its aggression."

Ballsy State Trooper Suing His Bosses, Boston Globe Uses Our Expose On ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

i was going to post a video that they say is the failed launch but man idk if i trust the account so not going to post it until more reliable/trustworthy people do.

There are some 2022 videos floating around that purport to show the misfire rocket, lots of disinfo infecting the space. 

24 minutes ago, bolverk said:

from an hour ago re: that video you posted

edit: war cabinet member coming out and saying it as well, so not just IDF spokesman

edit2: BN saying it now too

also another video of the potential explosion

one of the accounts i follow is trying to tie this shot to some of the wider gaza skyline livestreams currently before the footage goes down

he just RTd this, but not 100% sure timeframes match up?

edit2: more info on failed rocket, looking more likely

another video cross referencing the one shot from the balcony above

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There are some 2022 videos floating around that purport to show the misfire rocket, lots of disinfo infecting the space. 

yeah there is one that some moron literally said was this attack and was watermarked 8/7/22 lol

others that they were working on running down from that same timeframe.

if IDF is saying this clearly what it was, i fully expect them to bring the receipts soon.

edit: this is the footage i was referring to

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

more updates

image.png.0e0262b7bd79967f7e0b0ca9b9061791.png

+

edit2: of course a politician already jumped on it. wrong time and direction. at this point not seeing ANYONE clearly say what did/didn't happen and a lot of questions out there about it like an hour+ after it happened is wild

and the politician(s) get called out on it, in full public view, as they rightfully should be. 

no take-backsies. 

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Really doesn't help that Israel's comms are a total shitshow.

Just one clarification to the tweet in your post, the person described as the US ambassador to Israel is the Israeli ambassador to the US.  Get your together twitter.  Embeds from that hellsite should have been disabled a long time ago. 

Edited by Anastasis

11 minutes ago, troph said:

assuming it's hamas, this is what happens when you install military systems next to your fucking hospitals you fucking morans.

And aside from jumping to conclusions, rushing to judgment, and blindly accepting inflammatory claims, assuming is probably the best thing to do at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, statsman said:

Question- does the Iron Dome intercept Israel-bound missiles while over Gaza, or West Bank, or Lebanon? I hadn’t really thought of that, but if so, I can’t really carp. 

I assume it depends on the launch location.  If far north near the Israeli border, doubtful.  If launched further south, possible?

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

And aside from jumping to conclusions, rushing to judgment, and blindly accepting inflammatory claims, assuming is probably the best thing to do at this point.

I said assuming. Both sides blaming each other so wait and see but it’s fairly well known Hamas does in fact stage military ops near highly sensitive civilian targets. 

19 minutes ago, troph said:

assuming it's hamas, this is what happens when you install military systems next to your fucking hospitals you fucking morans.

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I'd assume so.

4 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

I assume it depends on the launch location.  If far north near the Israeli border, doubtful.  If launched further south, possible?

1 minute ago, troph said:

I said assuming. Both sides blaming each other so wait and see but it’s fairly well known Hamas does in fact stage military ops near highly sensitive civilian targets. 

Assume

14 minutes ago, troph said:

One major point I've heard/read over the last couple of days from multiple experts is that the strategic use of terrorism (to put it coldly) is often to force a provocation.

In this case, it seems clear that Hamas's goal was to derail the normalization of ties between Israel and Saudi Arabia, likely at the behest of Iran which would've been further isolated in the Middle East.

What does Hamas get out of this deal other than the blood of the people they purportedly represent/protect? Possibilities include:

1. Adding to their cred amongst the radicals (I've read that their status was slipping to other groups).
  2. Highlighting the plight of the Palestinian people (Fareed Zakariah and Zeihan both said they were getting sidelined for the Saudi/Israeli deal).
  3. Causing an erosion of support for Israel in the West (They know that Israel's wrath over Hamas's heinous acts in a densely populated place full of poor people would result in lots of deaths would be seen as too extreme). 

And Zeihan said explicitly that Iran wouldn't be concerned by all the Palestinian bloodshed because they're Arab Sunni pawns and apostates who are dying and not Shiite Persian faithful. 

So, sadly, their brutal attack a little over a week ago may end up being considered a sickening "success" if viewed through this prism.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

In a highly dense place like Gaza, it's kind of hard NOT to be near sensitive civilian targets (not sure if that's the right word unless the hospital was truly targeted but let's go with that since I don't have a better word at the moment), which again might well be part of the whole calculation of starting this whole thing.

They knew that what they were doing would cause an extreme response (bombs everywhere) to the extreme provocation (murdering babies and raping women).

27 minutes ago, statsman said:

Possibilities:

IDF missile

Hamas missile misfire

Hamas missile intercepted by IDF (Iron Dome?)

Question- does the Iron Dome intercept Israel-bound missiles while over Gaza, or West Bank, or Lebanon? I hadn’t really thought of that, but if so, I can’t really carp. 

Shocked you didn't throw in a @Brisketexan stopped at Allsup's as a choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Just one clarification to the tweet in your post, the person described as the US ambassador to Israel is the Israeli ambassador to the US.  Get your together twitter.  Embeds from that hellsite should have been disabled a long time ago. 

If reputable news sources are saying different (“wrong”) things, and govt authorities are (obviously) saying different things, which entity would you trust to police the hellsite?…instead of letting it get ‘litigated’ in the open like it is now 

16 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If reputable news sources are saying different (“wrong”) things, and govt authorities are (obviously) saying different things, which entity would you trust to police the hellsite?…instead of letting it get ‘litigated’ in the open like it is now 

Just turn off Twitter embeds and let the god of your choosing sort it out. 

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I'm starting to think Israel isn't going to launch a ground offensive.

I hope this is right. Biden appears to be tamping shit down, or maybe it is primary driven by concerns around opening up some shit in the north. Either way, hope it can play out in a way that reduces the collateral damage. 

i can’t see how it isn’t an israeli missile. every single video I’ve seen of a hamas rocket explosion seems like it has barely enough explosive power to light a couple smart cars on fire. like a dozen grenades or so tied together.
this one just wiped the whole hospital and a cool thousand people off the face of the map, I know hospitals keep lots of pressurized o2 but damn.
i think this is going to be huge turning point, no way the millions of the locally displaced palestinians don’t crank up the pressure in jordan/egypt/lebanon/syria. can’t see israel launching a ground invasion of gaza now.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Huh. Weird. Not sure why I thought to make a whole sarcastic post about the dangers of assuming things when you said all along that you were assuming something. Sorry about that. 

sweet fucking jesus. it's a stupid message board with people saying all kinds of shit like over a beer, at lunch or just mouthing off with friends. go try and pee on someone else's leg. there is reason to believe it's a hamas rocket, that's not entirely out of the realm of possibility when dealing with terrorists with their tactics and with a culture that doesn't give a shit about Palestinians.

and look, assuming it's Israel, then fuck them, they can expect their support to erode. you don't fucking bomb hospitals. send in special forces and put a bullet in the head of the guy too cowardly to hide anywhere other than a hospital basement if you have to but don't launch precision guided missiles at a fucking hospital to kill 2-3 leaders. and if you're bombing hospitals just to bomb hospitals then double fuck you straight to hell and a public condemnation from the oval office and withdrawing of aid.

you gonna call me out now for assuming it's Israel?  are you?

Edited by troph

44 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I'm starting to think Israel isn't going to launch a ground offensive.

don't assume it for purposes of discussion on a shitty message board, you'll get raked.

but yeah, I agree and that would be best, assuming they can decapitate Hamas effectively without it. not only would it save some civilian lives, it would potentially prevent WW3.

18 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

i can’t see how it isn’t an israeli missile. every single video I’ve seen of a hamas rocket explosion seems like it has barely enough explosive power to light a couple smart cars on fire. like a dozen grenades or so tied together.

I guess it’s alright to throw monkey poo prognostication on a football board but there seems to be a trend of this explosion pointing right back at Hamas or their allies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

don't assume it for purposes of discussion on a shitty message board, you'll get raked.

but yeah, I agree and that would be best, assuming they can decapitate Hamas effectively without it. not only would it save some civilian lives, it would potentially prevent WW3.

That assumes that Israel and the US don't want to go after the Iranian nuclear weapons program. And that assumption is probably correct because of oil prices and election season and because of Turkey and our military presence there. Israel will take the upcoming Hezbollah attacks and fight back locally against them. And, in a few weeks it will probably be business as usual with probably a new clandestine plan against Iran and the re-institution of sanctions. I guess the key in all this is the return of hostages.

I guess it’s alright to throw monkey poo prognostication on a football board but there seems to be a trend of this explosion pointing right back at Hamas or their allies. 

perhaps, but if hamas really has level a five-story building with a single explosive firepower - israel needs to rethink a few things. I don’t think Biden should be in the area either.

So...did Israel decide to blow up a hospital? Seems like a reach. If they didn't, all outcomes are a result of the violent rape and brutalization committed by Hamas. 

Look, I've read 5, maybe 6 EXHAUSTIVE twitter threads, closely examining every detail presented. I pretty much know everything there is to know about misfires and interceptions, geo-political conflict and Brittian causing all this... In all humility, I'm an expert. 

As an acknowledged weapons and geo-political expert, here's what I can say: lot's of people are going to die. Some will be hurt after they have already been hurt, say in a hospital, and some will be completely healthy before they are hurt. There will be a lot more than 200 innocent deaths here. 

Thank gawd those Gazan filmmakers had enough electricity to charge their phones. Crazy when there has been no electricity for more than a week. ERCOT goes out for a day and all my shit is dead.

It all ends when two giant boats unload enough armament on Iran.

Also, free Palestine, Israel and the Republican party from corrupt douche bags. 

6 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Thank gawd those Gazan filmmakers had enough electricity to charge their phones. Crazy when there has been no electricity for more than a week. ERCOT goes out for a day and all my shit is dead.

They're craftier than we are buying all those personal sized solar panels. You'd thinknafter our ERCOT experiences we'd do the same.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Woodrow Call said:

A good friend of ours is one of the primary advisors to the crown prince of an Arab country. He went to law school in the U.S. with my son. He says things are as tense as they can get. All hands on deck. Terribly worried about escalation. 

Newt went to law school? He should have sued the shit out of Dish for that ass whoopin' in Montana. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, NoName said:

from an hour ago re: that video you posted

edit: war cabinet member coming out and saying it as well, so not just IDF spokesman

edit2: BN saying it now too

also another video of the potential explosion

one of the accounts i follow is trying to tie this shot to some of the wider gaza skyline livestreams currently before the footage goes down

he just RTd this, but not 100% sure timeframes match up?

edit2: more info on failed rocket, looking more likely

another video cross referencing the one shot from the balcony above

That barrage video showing the projectiles in unison and then the explosion is pretty damning for the Islamic Jihad.

• Hook 'Em 1