Jolly- Biritish guys who try American foods and who've fallen in love w Texas

shadow_operative

On 10/19/2023 at 2:53 PM, dcar00 said:

It's bullshit that I have to explain what kind of fucking ice tea I want now.

I've been told "We're not in South Carolina" isn't an appropriate response.

Overall, I'm kind of over these kind of vids, but there are 2 current ones I like: The Korean parents trying all kinds of different foods - the soul food one got black twitter up in arms because they got out-blacked by pops putting yam juice on his cornbread.  

Tribal Indians trying American food is just greatness to me - these guys are so pure.

• Hook 'Em 1

i watch a lot of masterchef, and it’s hilarious whenever they have the three judges prepare their favorite dish, and joe has a beautiful risotto, arron does an unbelievable cajun dish, and then gordon does his fucking beef wellington. basically roast beef slathered in mustard as a giant pig-in-a-blanket. that’s the best his country has to offer. gross.

• 5 months later...

Spent a few weeks in the UK so as usual on most every other thread, I don't know shit.  I did have a damn fine fish/chips at a cafeteria from one of the boys academies we visited.  In London, I did have the best veal Bolognese I've ever had, but that was not a native dish.  All the breakfast dishes were crap.  Fuck your baked beans.  A good Shepherds pie is hard to beat and of course beef wellington is decent when done properly.  It might be the only steak I had that wasn't overcooked.  Indian dishes slammed hard, but again, not native.  

34 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

My British colleague that lives in Houston now for about 2 years says he loves a lot of Texas food but the one things he can't find is a good chippy tea with a proper sausage. Says Texans don't do sausage with a shit. First thing he does when he lands back at Heathrow is hit a chippy tea place. 

There's just no explanation for some things.

Sausage-and-Chips-at-Bridgford-Chippy.jp