Jolly- Biritish guys who try American foods and who've fallen in love w Texas

shadow_operative

i've seen them, very enjoyable!

i think even better is there's a series with a group of British teenage boys trying various American foods, same concept - things like Popeyes chicken, Texas BBQ, burgers, fajitas/tacos, etc... their reactions are also awesome and almost universally cause their eyes to roll back in their head and proclaim whatever they've just eaten as 'omg that's the bloody best thing i've ever tasted!' 😄

i know it goes against 'sophisticated' common knowledge, but i had both our French foreign exchange student and a couple of her friends from Norway (all young but very well traveled) tell me American food in general was the best tasting food in the world 😄

mostly i just think British food must be quite bland lol 😝

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i've seen them, very enjoyable!

i think even better is there's a series with a group of British teenage boys trying various American foods, same concept - things like Popeyes chicken, Texas BBQ, burgers, fajitas/tacos, etc... their reactions are also awesome and almost universally cause their eyes to roll back in their head and proclaim whatever they've just eaten as 'omg that's the bloody best thing i've ever tasted!' 😄

i know it goes against 'sophisticated' common knowledge, but i had both our French foreign exchange student and a couple of her friends from Norway (all young but very well traveled) tell me American food in general was the best tasting food in the world 😄

yes, the videos with the HS kids are great. a couple of things i remember from those videos that stand out would be A)the british kids loved popeyes and were jealous of americans over it, and B)one of the british kids completely nailed taco bell after three items. as they moved on to the crunchwrap supreme, his mate was hesitant to try it, and the kid said, "bruv, it's all the same meal just shaped differently." lmao, nailed it. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Same guys

These kids trying biscuits and gravy and sweet tea is awesome.

yes! lol i just love how hung up they get on the american 'biscuits' being biscuits 😄

"can i have a bit more?" lol

man...i'd love to see them try this...

20231011_201954.thumb.jpg.88fb10abb83b54c7859c0e2447ee06cb.jpg

😆

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

They also have a video where they were in Georgia. They connect with a local who shows them around and ends up with a video late at night at a Waffle House, the local guy is drunk/high and they order a ridiculous amount of food. The drunk local is pretty funny in it.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

This.  It's bullshit that I have to explain what kind of fucking ice tea I want now.

Pretty soon it'll be the only option left. I was at a chamber of commerce event a few weeks back with 40 other people and I was the only one to open the gallon of "unsweet" tea as everyone else destroyed gallons of Bush's sweet tea. I need to find a way to make money off of the beetus.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, mchookem said:

I think our lunch/dinner fares are excellent and can satifsy all types of foodies or gourmets. But sweets/pastries/breads from Europe is just on another level comapred to what we get here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, 'stache said:

Sweet tea is gross. Might as well just chug a bottle of Karos syrup. 

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

On 10/18/2023 at 2:36 PM, mchookem said:

i had both our French foreign exchange student and a couple of her friends from Norway (all young but very well traveled)

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

A bit of an inverse to the other posts in this thread, but reminded me of this wholesome video of a white dude trying Indian food.

Bro said, "they didn't give me utensils, good thing I had a fork in the car" haha. Anyone who keeps a fork in the car, I trust their culinary opinions.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i went back and rewatched the popeyes video after this one, and wow- shouts out to that one kid’s braces, who’ve been putting in some heavy work! these videos would make a dynamite ad for his orthodontist.

csb: my orthodontist as a kid was UT Hoops legend Jay Arnette. 🤘🏼 

On 10/19/2023 at 4:03 PM, SimonBolivar said:

Pretty soon it'll be the only option left. I was at a chamber of commerce event a few weeks back with 40 other people and I was the only one to open the gallon of "unsweet" tea as everyone else destroyed gallons of Bush's sweet tea. I need to find a way to make money off of the beetus.

Start an evangelical church. 

Tax free, BITCHES!!!

On 10/19/2023 at 4:03 PM, SimonBolivar said:

Outside of their tenders, Bush's is rubbish.  Their fries and sides suck. Tea is way too sweet.