NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Nope, just applying logic. There is no need to lie about how you got an injury of you're only gonna miss a few weeks.

there are consequences (fines and suspensions mostly) for engaging in prohibited activities even in the absence of injuries.  if there are injuries the punishment is that much more severe.  this wouldn't be the first time an athlete lied about this.  remember jeff kent breaking his wrist from falling off his truck while washing it? he was riding his motorcycle.  or when monta ellis got injured in a pickup game of basketball?  he was actually on a moped.  

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Just because he has a BMX bike doesnt mean he was doing flips and shit on it. And wouldnt you do that kind of stuff at a skate park? With lots of people, all with camera phones, who would bear witness to you hurting yourself? Plus it doesnt sound like anything serious, he should be back in a few weeks.

bro you keep arguing with everyone but the fact is that they’ve addressed your issue with facts. it’s not their argument, it’s just reality. the speculation is that he lied about what happened because he was doing something dangerous which could void his contract. end of story. this i wouldn’t be the first time something like this has happened in sports.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

there are consequences (fines and suspensions mostly) for engaging in prohibited activities even in the absence of injuries.  if there are injuries the punishment is that much more severe.  this wouldn't be the first time an athlete lied about this.  remember jeff kent breaking his wrist from falling off his truck while washing it? he was riding his motorcycle.  or when monta ellis got injured in a pickup game of basketball?  he was actually on a moped.  

He is on an NBA minumum contract. I do not know what those involve. But the idea that he has any prohibited activites in the contract is speculation, to this point, based on what i've read.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

bro you keep arguing with everyone but the fact is that they’ve addressed your issue with facts. it’s not their argument, it’s just reality. the speculation is that he lied about what happened because he was doing something dangerous which could void his contract. end of story. this i wouldn’t be the first time something like this has happened in sports.

At this point nothing is confirmed at all and everything is pure speculation and conspiracy stuff.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

He is on an NBA minumum contract. I do not know what those involve. But the idea that he has any prohibited activites in the contract is speculation, to this point, based on what i've read.

it's standard for all nba contracts to have prohibited activities.  

and it's been that way for a long time.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

it's standard for all nba contracts to have prohibited activities.  

and it's been that way for a long time.

The standard NBA contract prohibits boxing, wrestling, morotcycling, mopeds, auto racing, sky diving and hang gliding. I don't see anything about bicycles.

Edited by Pam Cummings

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

At this point nothing is confirmed at all and everything is pure speculation and conspiracy stuff.

conspiracy stuff? bro, no one here is telling you that they know what happened, however ghey have summarily informed you as to WHY people are speculating that he’s lying. people are speculating that he lied because it wouldn’t be the first time an athlete lied about getting hurt doing something he wasn’t supposed to be doing. period. end of story. stop arguing with people who are simply giving you the facts and just accept the damn facts. christ.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

conspiracy stuff? bro, no one here is telling you that they know what happened, however ghey have summarily informed you as to WHY people are speculating that he’s lying. people are speculating that he lied because it wouldn’t be the first time an athlete lied about getting hurt doing something he wasn’t supposed to be doing. period. end of story. stop arguing with people who are simply giving you the facts and just accept the damn facts. christ.

What facts? All you're doing is blindly speculating with zero evidence to back up what you're saying. Aka....a conspiracy.

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The standard NBA contract prohibits boxing, wrestling, morotcycling, mopeds, auto racing, sky diving and hang gliding. I don't see anything about bicycles.

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Hit and runs go unsolved all the time. I dont like the implication that Oubre would just make it up out of nowhere. He has no incentive to do so.

i'm sincerely not trying to be a jerk. how are you feeling about that? 

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i'm sincerely not trying to be a jerk. how are you feeling about that? 

If he hurt himself doing something else that he wasn't supposed to be doing, other people saw it and he will be proven wrong. It would be dumb to lie about. He has more to lose by lying is my point. It's a non-serious injury to a guy on a one year NBA minimum deal. He's not known piece of shit Jeff Kent with a serious injury on a bazillion dollar deal.

Edited by Pam Cummings

18 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What facts? All you're doing is blindly speculating with zero evidence to back up what you're saying. Aka....a conspiracy.

shall i repeat myself? i guess so. the fact is that people are speculating that he may be lying because it wouldn’t be the first time that has happened before. that’s the fact. jesus christ dude, go take a walk or something. 

also you seriously don’t know what a conspiracy is, you should google that on your walk.

Edited by shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

shall i repeat myself? i guess so. the fact is that people are speculating that he may be lying because it wouldn’t be the first time that has happened before. that’s the fact.

jesus christ dude, go take a walk or something.

also you seriously don’t know what a conspiracy is, you should google that on your walk.

When Jeff Kent did his thing the witnesses to his motorcycle antics came out of the woodwork fairly quickly. I would think the same applies if Oubre was doing something stupid. And my original comment wasnt necessarily applicable to us talking about it, but moreso the way the media is reporting on it. There is a strong implication from the way they word it that he is lying. And that isn't proven yet, so that is what i had a problem with. Speculate and conspire away, dude.

Edited by Pam Cummings

30 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

If he hurt himself doing something else that he wasn't supposed to be doing, other people saw it and he will be proven wrong. It would be dumb to lie about. He has more to lose by lying is my point. It's a non-serious injury to a guy on a one year NBA minimum deal. He's not known piece of shit Jeff Kent with a serious injury on a bazillion dollar deal.

a guy on a one-year vet minimum deal isn't thinking about the future.  he barely got signed to a deal this offseason.  he knows this is probably the last team he's going to play for that doesn't speak chinese.  there's no "i'll be in less trouble if i come clean..." .  he's thinking if he gets in trouble at all he's losing the contract so he's gotta do everything he can to hide it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Was it stupid and illogical for Oubre to lie about how he got hurt? Yes, of course. However, and this part is very important, sometimes human beings do really stupid and illogical things especially in a crisis situation, which Oubre clearly thought he was in.

I guess the question now is, what was the prohibited activity? Moped? Boxing? Sex swing?

no i guess the question now is, “is there any chance you’ll log out and stop arguing with everyone else in this conversation who is literally just explaining the situation to you?”. and people say i’m argumentative. you’re on a mission to argue over here. just stop. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Was it stupid and illogical for Oubre to lie about how he got hurt? Yes, of course. However, and this part is very important, sometimes human beings do really stupid and illogical things especially in a crisis situation, which Oubre clearly thought he was in.

Yeah, distinct possibility he thought he was hurt much worse (like season ending type).

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

kelly oubre might be lying.

why might kelly oubre be lying?

because he may have done something stupid and hurt himself, which could affect him financially.

thats it. that’s the entire conversation. that’s everything. what is there to argue or be combative about? christ.

Or maybe he's telling the truth. What a wild thing to think, i know.

He filed a police report. If he is lying, it is now a criminal matter.

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Nope, just applying logic. There is no need to lie about how you got an injury of you're only gonna miss a few weeks.

If he was injured doing something prohibited by his contract his money can be withheld until he is healthy and available.   

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

When Jeff Kent did his thing the witnesses to his motorcycle antics came out of the woodwork fairly quickly. I would think the same applies if Oubre was doing something stupid. And my original comment wasnt necessarily applicable to us talking about it, but moreso the way the media is reporting on it. There is a strong implication from the way they word it that he is lying. And that isn't proven yet, so that is what i had a problem with. Speculate and conspire away, dude.

Your argument was that he has no incentive to lie.    As many of us have shown, he has PLENTY incentive to lie.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, d2o said:

Your argument was that he has no incentive to lie.    As many of us have shown, he has PLENTY incentive to lie.

Guy was playing well, he woulda been fine. This is a league that just signed Josh Primo to a $2m deal. And he filed a police report about it. If you were gonna lie you wouldn't incriminate yourself in the process. It doesn't make sense.

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

kelly oubre might be lying.

why might kelly oubre be lying?

because he may have done something stupid and hurt himself, which could affect him financially.

thats it. that’s the entire conversation. that’s everything. what is there to argue or be combative about? christ.

What’s funny is that Pam is derka’ing this thread while the real derka is the voice of reason and calm. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Kermit said:

This is the most anyone has ever discussed Kelly Oubre, on any medium, on any planet, in any universe. We did it.

I almost posted something similar to this a half dozen times, but then I got bored reading and realized that I didn't care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kermit said:

This is the most anyone has ever discussed Kelly Oubre, on any medium, on any planet, in any universe. We did it.

lol i'm scrolling through a page of Kelly Oubre discussion in awe right now.  this one got more coverage on surly than Draymond Green choking Gobert did.

Women and gays (NTTAWWT) are obsessed with Kelly Oubre. I can guarantee you would find much more intense Kelly Oubre discussion online in places I'm guessing you'd rather not go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/fgi6ao/why_is_kelly_oubre_considered_the_best_looking/

My first thought when I heard the story was he must have gotten in trouble with some pussy

Nobody:

OKC fans: look at Chet, see how good he is, and how efficient he is, and they’re just winning, although ignore the help and support he has to usher him though a productive rookie season. He’s so underrated and under appreciated. Please love Chet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Kermit said:

Nobody:

OKC fans: look at Chet, see how good he is, and how efficient he is, and they’re just winning, although ignore the help and support he has to usher him though a productive rookie season. He’s so underrated and under appreciated. Please love Chet. 

Also ignore that he's two years older than Wemby. 

Chet also hasn't played in over a year and that was in college, which is mostly garbage.  Wemby played in real leagues just earlier this year.  Also, Wemby doesn't seem to be a good shooter and that was on the scouting report coming out.  The shots that go in look good but 70% of the 3's don't.

But yes, Chet gets better looks and has a better supporting cast but also Wemby gets more total shots so that's why he'll have more points.