NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

22 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So the nba draft wants to become 2 nights with the second round being its own night? lol

NBA draft is pretty awesome picks 1-6. Sprinkle in some woj bombs and we’re cookin

Picks 20-60 are nothing but background noise.

Yeah it just gives the NBA another night of programming to sell to their TV people.   No one will be watching day 2 unless they have some kind of league mandated rule that trades cant be announced until then LOL

45 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Not if he’s “injured” for the last month.

The developmental minutes for Wemby are more important than ping pong balls right now, especially in this cruddy draft. I would be absolutely stunned if they put him on the shelf if he were really healthy.

28 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah it just gives the NBA another night of programming to sell to their TV people.   No one will be watching day 2 unless they have some kind of league mandated rule that trades cant be announced until then LOL

I was just gonna say - they’ll work some gimmick into that day.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Part of the reason:

Just 61%? I was sure it was 100%

Gonna be an interesting finish to end jan for OKC, MIN and Denver.

Nuggets have a brutal next 10 games, including a tough east coast road trip.

OKC has 7 games vs .500 and 3 easy ones

Wolves have 2 games vs playoff teams and FINALLY get some relief after 16 straight games vs playoff teams. Went 9-7 and somehow didn’t lose control of the top seed. OKC and Denver closed the gap but wolves could get a lead again these next 2.5 weeks

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
On 1/11/2024 at 10:07 PM, ChiTownDoc said:
And this.  Have to leave couple weeks at a time.  It’s only gotten more insane since Covid.  But god damn, it’s fun.  

Uh, he said famous.

Oh I’m plenty famous in my head.  Jokes aside, Miami is Miami.  And I’m admitting I’m quite poor by those standards, but anyone w coin has access to what famous people do.  It’s all mashed together in a way LA probably wishes it was, but isn’t even close - good... LA sucks.  
And yeah, if you’re a dipshit posting pics you’ll lose all that fast, but otherwise it’s amazing what you can get into.  

• Like 2

Oh I’m plenty famous in my head.  Jokes aside, Miami is Miami.  And I’m admitting I’m quite poor by those standards, but anyone w coin has access to what famous people do.  It’s all mashed together in a way LA probably wishes it was, but isn’t even close - good... LA sucks.  
And yeah, if you’re a dipshit posting pics you’ll lose all that fast, but otherwise it’s amazing what you can get into.  
Someone has to keep you honest. Might as well be Surly.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man drafted extremely well and built a dynasty around Mike. His cardinal sin was not getting along with Basketball Jesus and Phil, and trying to combat Jordan’s constant bullying with comments to the press. If anything, last night finally shone a light on him in a positive and sympathetic way. 

• Like 1

The surly side of me laughed….this is up there with throwing snowballs at Santa

But yea…probably not the best look for Chicagoans about something that happened 25 years ago

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The surly side of me laughed….this is up there with throwing snowballs at Santa

But yea…probably not the best look for Chicagoans about something that happened 25 years ago

Yeah I see that.  It was so bad, you did kind of have to laugh.  But damn, that old lady crying and sticking a camera right in her face.  Woof

Edited by ChiTownDoc

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I watched them play the Spurs a few nights ago.

They may be the worst NBA team I've ever seen. Wemby dragged his nuts across their faces every time he was on the floor.

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:
9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

zion has been awesome in the 4Q vs denver tonight. i believe he has 18 pts in the quarter. makes you wonder why he can’t do it more often.

desire

I was going to guess pizza, but that's probably as good an answer as any.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, d2o said:

Thats fucked up and mostly MJ's fault.   He could have soothed that shit a little at least a while ago.  

You know who didnt show up for the Bulls ring of honor ceremony last night when he  was inducted? MJ. Or Pippen or Rodman for that matter. But Krause's wife showed up. 

"I hurt for that lady. Brought her to tears. Whoever booed her in this arena should be ashamed of themselves," King continued. "That's not Chicago. That's New York. Philly. Chicago's not like that. We don't have a reputation of being that way. Whether you like Jerry Krause or not, that man brought six championships here. He didn't shoot a basket, nor did he get a rebound, but he put six titles up (in the rafters). There's a lot of teams don't even have one (championship).

"That was really classless. I was disappointed in the people that booed. It was a sad thing."

See here's the thing about that Stacy. By definition, that is Chicago. If  Chicago wasn't that way, you wouldn't be making your little speech. 

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, Blotto said:

You know who didnt show up for the Bulls ring of honor ceremony last night when he  was inducted? MJ. Or Pippen or Rodman for that matter. But Krause's wife showed up. 

See here's the thing about that Stacy. By definition, that is Chicago. If  Chicago wasn't that way, you wouldn't be making your little speech. 

Ask Steve Bartman how Chicago behaves. 

What were the Bulls thinking about "honoring" Krause by having the fans boo him. Did they really just think that because it was the Ring of honor and his widow was there, that the fans wouldn't boo?

the fans were wrong but the Bulls were more wrong in thinking that would have turned out in any other way.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Jordan couldn’t scrape together the funds to attend. It’s tough out there.

It was some half assed marketing bullshit put together 6 weeks ago.  Agree he should be there and also agree it should have been announced before the season so it got the proper attention.  Sadly the only reason anyone heard about it is because an old widow was booed by thousands, with a camera in her face, so it could be projected on the Jumbotron.  Can’t make this shit up.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I just don’t want to see the video of her crying. Human beings can be absolutely awful and to make her cry because they still hate her deceased husband is appalling. It’s just sports and those “fans” should be ashamed to have been there doing that. 

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

Rodman got delayed by weather

MJ and Pippen hate each other. Krause takes all the blame for Reinsdorf's cheapness and gets no credit for hiring Phil Jackson, drafting Pippen/Kukoc, bringing in Rodman, etc.

Pretty sad how petty all of those people involved were that they get no satisfaction out of what they accomplished together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

MJ and Pippen hate each other. Krause takes all the blame for Reinsdorf's cheapness and gets no credit for hiring Phil Jackson, drafting Pippen/Kukoc, bringing in Rodman, etc.

Pretty sad how petty all of those people involved were that they get no satisfaction out of what they accomplished together.

MJ's kid getting some satisfaction, am I right?

• Like 3

Finding guys like Kerr, Ron Harper, Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley. Drafting others like BJ Armstrong, Horace Grant and even Stacy King.
  • Like 1

Another reminder that Carmelo was, is, and always be a self-absorbed, baby-back bitch. Made the playoffs 7 years with Denver and lost in the first round 6 times and then forced his way out via trade. Why the fuck would his number be off  limits. 

https://www.denverpost.com/2024/01/13/nikola-jokic-carmelo-anthony-jersey-number-15/

Anthony said during his podcast that he didn’t think Jokic was doing anything malicious or targeting Anthony when he selected No. 15, and that it should have been the team’s job to intervene and tell Jokic the number was off-limits. Anthony was insistent that he believes the Nuggets intentionally gave Jokic the number.

“That was a slap in the face,” Anthony said.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:11 PM, Pam Cummings said:

This has always been the under-reported part of the whole thing.   Reinsdorf didnt want to pay Pippen and Phil.  He was claiming that he was losing money while they were winning titles.    The break-up doesnt happen if he doesnt sign off on.   If he wanted them back they would have been.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Rudy missed 2 fts badly including an airball so the entire clippers bench erupted on the air ball.

https://www.reddit.com/r/timberwolves/s/Fyw0Wf82iQ

Rudy ended the game a modest 4-5, 15 pts, 18 rebounds and 4 blocks. Included some clutch 4th qtr fts. Russ ended up missing a wide open lay up at the end which probably wouldn’t have mattered but still funny