THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the way this is heading... we have four realistic scenarios. Let's assume Michigan and Texas are gonna win. 

Scenario 1: Georgia wins and FSU wins.... Texas most likely out

Scenario 2: Georgia wins and FSU loses.... Texas in 100%

Scenario 3: Georgia loses and FSU wins.... Texas and Bama in, FSU out? I feel some momentum shifting this way. A lot of discussion of best teams over most deserving. ESPN is gearing up to fuck FSU. 

Scenario 4: Georgia loses and FSU loses.... Texas and Bama in, UGA out

I think Scenario 3 is going to tbe the way the committee goes if Bama and Texas end up head to head. 

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Why SEC champ is in no matter what.  Georgia winning eliminates the debate of leaving out a one loss defending back to back champ?  

They are not going to put a 1 loss non conference champ in over a one loss conf champ, especially given the fact that they lost to a team we beat in their own crib. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Would you put money on Texas being in if Texas, Alabama, FSU, and Michigan all win?

In a scenario like that, either Texas and FSU are in, or Texas and Bama are in with FSU out. If Texas finishes this game strong, they can't and won't leave us out for a team we beat head to head on the road. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Would you put money on Texas being in if Texas, Alabama, FSU, and Michigan all win?

God fucking dammit, that's what we want to happen. If Georgia wins in that scenario we are 100% out. 

Why do y'all struggle with this so much? It's not even that complicated. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

In a scenario like that, either Texas and FSU are in, or Texas and Bama are in with FSU out. If Texas finishes this game strong, they can't and won't leave us out for a team we beat head to head on the road. 

I just don't see them leaving out a one loss SEC champion Alabama.

I just don't see them leaving out a one loss SEC champion Alabama.

The thing is, we beat them head to head, haver a stronger SOS, and are the only team in the field to have a win over another conference champion. I do not see a viable argument for Bama to get in. Which is why they will screw FSU. 

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

The thing is, we beat them head to head, haver a stronger SOS, and are the only team in the field to have a win over another conference champion. I do not see a viable argument for Bama to get in. Which is why they will screw FSU. 

But they would be the conference champion by beating the undefeated number one team in the country.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

But they would be the conference champion by beating the undefeated number one team in the country.

And we beat the team that beat the undefeated #1 team. We would have the best win in the country for the year. I am not sure how you are not seeing that we played them on the road and beat them head to head. There is no need to play hypothetical and compare resumes (and ours is better) because we did that in Tuscaloosa and we won by 10. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

And we beat the team that beat the undefeated #1 team. We would have the best win in the country for the year. I am not sure how you are not seeing that we played them on the road and beat them head to head. There is no need to play hypothetical and compare resumes (and ours is better) because we did that in Tuscaloosa and we won by 10. 

I completely understand what you're saying. I'm playing devil's advocate. Not everyone will view our win in Tuscaloosa in September as a better win than Alabama beating Georgia today.

• Hook 'Em 1

I completely understand what you're saying. I'm playing devil's advocate. Not everyone will view our win in Tuscaloosa in September as a better win than Alabama beating Georgia today.

I just don't see a rational argument for Bama over Texas other than "SEC! SEC! SEC!" and I do not think the committee is gonna go for that. Bama has been behind us all year (and for good reason). 

I think a large segment of the country wants to see Bama out and Texas in. I know I would if a different team, let's say Clemson, had beaten Bama and was in the same situation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Man, FSU may want to win by a decent margin. I didn't think it was possible for them to go undefeated and miss out but.... damn. 

Only if we are sitting there with a 1 loss Bama imo. I dont think theyll leave out undefeated FSU for Texas. They WILL leave them out for Bama. 

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Only if we are sitting there with a 1 loss Bama imo. I dont think theyll leave out undefeated FSU for Texas. They WILL leave them out for Bama. 

Yeah I don't know. It's a weird situation. I doubt anyone outside of Tallahassee thinks FSU is actually better than Texas. 

But still, if they beat the #14 team in the country with their third string QB, and finish unbeaten... 

Yoir argument has been addressed a million times. Not my problem if your mom dropped you in the head while doing the mailman.
Washington in, 0% chance we get that spot.
Oregon in, >0% chance.

You can't argue that, so instead you argue a point that nobody made.

I realize there's a lot of moving parts and that's confusing for you. But that doesn't mean just conceding potential spots is the best option.

At the end of the day the best chance is FSU losing.

1 minute ago, HoustonHorn said:

Washington in, 0% chance we get that spot.
Oregon in, >0% chance.

You can't argue that, so instead you argue a point that nobody made.

I realize there's a lot of moving parts and that's confusing for you. But that doesn't mean just conceding potential spots is the best option.

At the end of the day the best chance is FSU losing.

STFU about PAC 12 shit. It is over. Washington is in. Move the fuck on. 

I think Washington winning actually helped Texas. There is a 0.0% chance that the committee would have seen the error of their ways, admitted to being wrong, and put UT in over Oregon if both won. They would have wanted absolutely no part in trying to explain how a team with the [had they won] Heisman winner who beat an undefeated Top 3 team for their conference champion got jumped by a team that beat a 3-loss OSU. Zero point zero.

There was a 0.000000000001% chance that if Georgia won, Louisville won, and Oregon won extremely controversially with the NCAA coming out and admitting that UW got screwed and should have won, that a one-loss UW gets in over a UT that hypothetically struggled to beat OSU.

So both functionally zero, but you guys have spent 72 pages arguing about it, so congrats.

Then again, I have absolutely no idea what playing meaningful football in December feels like, so I can't judge.

1. Washington win.

2. Texas win.

3. Georgia win.

4. Michigan win.

5. Florida State loss. Or very crappy win.

2 out of the optimum scenario done. Alabama could win if Florida State loses. Then Texas AND Alabama might get in and leave Georgia out, but I'd rather not risk them putting Georgia and Alabama in and leaving us out.

19 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I think we made our case that we should go in ahead of an undefeated FSU so we'll see

I can see an undefeated FSU getting left out if SEC champ Bama and Big 12 champ Texas are both sitting on a loss and it becomes a question of leaving the SEC out. I think they will fuck over FSU because that will be less controversial than leaving out Texas who beat the SEC champ head to head. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]