THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

7 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Since wish-casting and the intensity of our "rooting" has zero impact on any of the games, we could always just enjoy an awesome Saturday of football and then find out who's CFP bound on Sunday.  I think I'm going to do that.

Lame

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

They’ll move Texas ahead of Oregon due to common opponent margin.  

I seriously doubt it.  The committee has already spoken -- they think Oregon's resume was better than ours prior to last weekend's games.  They pummeled a ranked team, we pummeled an unranked team.  Why would they move us ahead of the Ducks?

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I seriously doubt it.  The committee has already spoken -- they think Oregon's resume was better than ours prior to last weekend's games.  They pummeled a ranked team, we pummeled an unranked team.  Why would they move us ahead of the Ducks?

I don’t think they will either but he said why in his comment. We pummeled someone they didn’t.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

This is what I keep telling myself but we've gotten the shaft before back in 2008. We had head-to-head on OU and got screwed. 

It was a 3 way tie that couldn't be resolved by h2h

51 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Please stop reference a Big 12 divisional tiebreaker as some sort of “Texas will get screwed” narrative for a CFP bid. They’re not even remotely the same. 

This

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

I don’t think they will either but he said why in his comment. We pummeled someone they didn’t.

Sure, but I strongly believe that won't trump their victory over Oregon State.  For one thing, the UO-TTech game was eons ago.  Half of them won't even remember it.

23 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Since wish-casting and the intensity of our "rooting" has zero impact on any of the games, we could always just enjoy an awesome Saturday of football and then find out who's CFP bound on Sunday.  I think I'm going to do that.

Yes, that is an option. However, I believe I have made the decision to start drinking at 8 am, get blackout drunk, and break my tv either out of joy or anger or both while my wife shelters the kids in the corner and waits for me to go in the backyard and pass out with no shoes or socks on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Yet you take the time to post shit on a message board…

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

Yet you take the time to post shit on a message board…

I'm talking about the 45 pages of repetitive/circular handwringing and bickering over conflicting philosophies on who should/shouldn't make it, based on a multitude of scenarios, none of which we have any control over, whether it be the games' outcomes or the whims/subjectivity of the CFP Committee.

I'll post my 1000-word thesis later, outlining what should happen should Alabama beat Georgia.  It'll sound very similar to the other 93 already posted and I'll close it out with a low hanging piñata - "if we had just beaten OU..." - for the mentally deficient to whack away at.  :D

Just now, Fico said:

It literally doesn’t matter that Ohio St is in front of us. They won’t be next week (assuming we win) we get another positive data point and they are sitting at home with their bucknuts up their butts.

I agree but it is a testament to the fucking stupidity of this committee. 

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Never mind we’re fucked, two of those teams aren’t losing.   Now if we get fucking Tulane in a bowl game we riot.  

Two of those teams? We will jump OSU my dude. 

Yes, it's bullshit, but it's also what we expected, isn't it?

We'll leapfrog Ohio State if we beat Okie Lite to win the conference.  There's no way that they put a one-loss non-champion in front of a one-loss champion who also had the higher SoS.

We'll also leapfrog the loser of Oregon/Washington, for the same reason.

I feel like if we win, all we need is for Louisville to take out Florida St.  That really should get it done.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]