Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

Word is Maalik missed practice time this week and Arch got a lot of reps in with the first team offense. I was critical of Sark for not getting Arch in last Saturday to see what he has in his QB room but could he have been confident enough in what he's seen in practice to hold him back and unleash him in a few packages this week to catch KSU by surprise? 

Also, why was Maalik missing practice time this week before the toughest test left on the schedule with every game being must win to have a shot a winning the conference with a middle finger extended as we strut out the door? 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Word is Maalik missed practice time this week and Arch got a lot of reps in with the first team offense. I was critical of Sark for not getting Arch in last Saturday to see what he has in his QB room but could he have been confident enough in what he's seen in practice to hold him back and unleash him in a few packages this week to catch KSU by surprise? 

Also, why was Maalik missing practice time this week before the toughest test left on the schedule with every game being must win to have a shot a winning the conference with a middle finger extended as we strut out the door? 

Maybe he had a test

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I’m certain it was for no good reason at all… 

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Because MM is banged up and has been. I’m not expecting much out of Arch. We are in trouble until we get Quinn back. 

Why would you burn Archies RS last week when you still have 5 games left? That's just dumb, roster management decision especially when the value isn't there.

Next, you're going to tell me we should hire the Madden Champ to be our offensive coordinator.

Just now, Mother mopar said:

Why would you burn Archies RS last week when you still have 5 games left? That's just dumb, roster management decision especially when the value isn't there.

Next, you're going to tell me we should hire the Madden Champ to be our offensive coordinator.

Because MM sucked, the game was out of reach regardless, and you’re not burning anything?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Your info might be a bit dated, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Why? 2 reasons. 

1) You have to win these remaining games. Can't afford to lose a single one or everything this entire season was about, every goal they had in the beginning of the year, is completely gone. So you need to have all hands on deck and exhaust every possible resource to win these games. Word is the room is split inside the program on if Arch or Maalik is ahead as a QB right now with some coaches believing Arch is ahead. Remember, Arch was an elite prospect while Maalik was more of a project where Sark needed to completely remake his throwing motion and mechanics. 

2) Anyone who thinks Arch will be on campus for 5 seasons is nuts. His RS pretty much means nothing. He may stay 4 because he's a Manning but no elite QB is staying 5 years anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

No one said Murphy was hurt. He missed practice but it wasn't revealed why. He also missed a day of practice before the BYU game too so speculation is he's dinged up. No idea what he could have been dinged up from before the BYU start though. 

His back.

Why? 2 reasons. 
1) You have to win these remaining games. Can't afford to lose a single one or everything this entire season was about, every goal they had in the beginning of the year, is completely gone. So you need to have all hands on deck and exhaust every possible resource to win these games. Word is the room is split inside the program on if Arch or Maalik is ahead as a QB right now with some coaches believing Arch is ahead. Remember, Arch was an elite prospect while Maalik was more of a project where Sark needed to completely remake his throwing motion and mechanics. 
2) Anyone who thinks Arch will be on campus for 5 seasons is nuts. His RS pretty much means nothing. He may stay 4 because he's a Manning but no elite QB is staying 5 years anymore. 

I can see this. Also, unless you think Ewers is done for the year — and nobody seems to think that (publicly anyways), then you could use one of Arch’s four games last week or this week and then once Ewers is back, you wouldn’t need to play Arch.

Bottom line is we have at the very most seven games left on the schedule — four regular season, Big 12 title game and two playoff games. He can appear in four.

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

From Gerry H:

Ethan Burke going through full warmups

Christian Jones going through full warmups

Cedric Baxter going through full warmups

Maalik Murphy the same, obviously.

Connor Robertson not dressed. Likely concussion protocol

Jones is good news. If he plays obviously. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The arch redshirt thing is so stupid. 
Also in a little pissed because I think he’s probably better than MM. 

that wouldn’t take a great deal, but I doubt it at this stage of their careers. I have heard from several that Arch is overrated. I hope that’s jealous coonass bullshit. I’m anxious to see him play. I’m more anxious to see MM improve because I bet he will. Glad he’s a go, apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also in a little pissed because I think he’s probably better than MM. 

I'm about 90% sure Arch is our starter next season. So yeah, it would be nice to be getting him some work. 

The redshirt thing is dumb for many reasons, but mainly because it's not like he's going to be here five years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic