Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

Just now, Red Five said:

I'm about 90% sure Arch is our starter next season. So yeah, it would be nice to be getting him some work. 

The redshirt thing is dumb for many reasons, but mainly because it's not like he's going to be here five years.

Redshirt thing is dumb, but, you don’t know a kid’s mind and we don’t know his ability yet, so it is relevant. The dumbest thing is that nobody seems to understand how it works. 

Cam was prepped to play big minutes at RT this week. Got first team reps later in the week. But coaches have told him and the family that Jones deserves the opportunity to test out the ankle and if he thinks he can go he will get the start. 

BJ Allen got the most reps he has gotten in several weeks. There a chance he plays. He was just happy to get reps week honestly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Redshirt thing is dumb, but, you don’t know a kid’s mind and we don’t know his ability yet, so it is relevant. The dumbest thing is that nobody seems to understand how it works. 

I'm not saying Arch is out of shape, but if you go back to that photo of the QB room working out w shirts off, Arch is clearly physically immature right now - probably the 4th or 5th in body development. He's a high risk for injury with hard contact.

The last thing we need is a second all-world recruit / would-be-starter on the sideline with an AC sprain.

The arch redshirt thing is so stupid. 
Also in a little pissed because I think he’s probably better than MM. 
Why? It was part of the recruiting plan for him at Texas. If MM is hurt and you played him last week, then a few games following, as MM is hurt along with Quinn he loses his redshirt.

Correction on my previous post, burned is the wrong word to use.

• Pancho unpinned this topic