Gerrit Cole wins the 2023 AL Cy Young

Helobious

Wins the cy young and then proceeds to take a huge dump on analytics. What a fucking alpha 

the whole “pitchers have zero control over the kind of contact made” argument posited by analytics never made any sense at all. Glad to see the most successful pitchers don’t buy into that. 

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Are you going to start a new thread each time a non-Yankee wins an award, too?

I just did it because the narrative from a certain prominent fanbase on here was that he wasn’t worth the money and that without sticky stuff he sucked. They sure look stupid now. 

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

I just did it because the narrative from a certain prominent fanbase on here was that he wasn’t worth the money and that without sticky stuff he sucked. They sure look stupid now. 

Rent free, love to see it

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

You have a very strange obsession with this garbage human being

5 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Rent free, love to see it

You have a very strange obsession with this garbage human being

lol i post about him like 3-4x a year whenever it’s relevant and a bunch of you guys throw a hissy fit every time i do it, but yeah, i’m the one who’s obsessive about trevor bauer. 

Edited by shadow_operative

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lol i post about him like 3-4x a year whenever it’s relevant and a bunch of you guys throw a hissy fit every time i do it, but yeah, i’m the one who’s obsessive about trevor bauer. 

How ironic of the biggest drama queen on this website to accuse others of throwing hissy fits

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you’re literally in here whining about the fact that trevor bauer’s name got posted. grow up. 

Pointing out your strange obsession with this garbage human is an observation, not a whine. Maybe you should work on your understanding of words.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Hey, hey, HEY!

Stay on topic, fellas.

We're here to point and laugh at Bandwagon Yankee Fan having to resort to talking shit about individual awards for rented players since his team hasn't won shit since Blu Rays were new.

Meanwhile, the two in-state teams that he could've chosen have won the last two rings.

Well played, valley kid.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Is it ever relevant?  3-4x year seems a bit.....odd  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hey, hey, HEY!

Stay on topic, fellas.

We're here to point and laugh at Bandwagon Yankee Fan having to resort to talking shit about individual awards for rented players since his team hasn't won shit since Blu Rays were new.

Meanwhile, the two in-state teams that he could've chosen have won the last two rings.

Well played, valley kid.

I believe since the last time his far away team won the WS, they are 0-6 vs the Rangers and Stros in playoff series.  

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's absolutely true...until you look at the actual data.

It’s just a nonsensical take. Mariano Rivera had zero idea what he was doing by pounding lefties inside with his cutter over and over? All that weak contact and broken bats he generated were pure luck? It’s just luck that a pitcher getting it low in the zone produces a lot of grounders? 

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

Pointing out your strange obsession with this garbage human is an observation, not a whine. Maybe you should work on your understanding of words.

I thought Trevor was vindicated by the lawsuit against the woman who specifically texted her friends about her plot to extort money out of him with false claims of abuse? Is there some other bad stuff he did, because afaik the domestic violence stuff was bogus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I thought Trevor was vindicated by the lawsuit against the woman who specifically texted her friends about her plot to extort money out of him with false claims of abuse? Is there some other bad stuff he did, because afaik the domestic violence stuff was bogus. 

Sure, but his entire personality is still there.

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

If the team that let him walk came within 1 game of the world series without paying him 50 gazillion dollars, and the team that did pay him failed to make the playoffs I'd say you are the one that looks stupid. But I  can't add "now" because that implies a temporary state

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

It’s just a nonsensical take. Mariano Rivera had zero idea what he was doing by pounding lefties inside with his cutter over and over? All that weak contact and broken bats he generated were pure luck? It’s just luck that a pitcher getting it low in the zone produces a lot of grounders? 

Why did Mariano Rivera allow a .322 BABIP in 2007 and a .218 BABIP in 2008?  Was he doing something differently those two years?

Why did over 15% of his fly balls allowed go over the wall in 2009 and only 3.6% were homers in 2010?

Edited by Beau Vine

41 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

He 100% was not vindicated

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Why did Mariano Rivera allow a .322 BABIP in 2007 and a .218 BABIP in 2008?  Was he doing something differently those two years?

Why did over 15% of his fly balls allowed go over the wall in 2009 and only 3.6% were homers in 2010?

Ha, all Yankee fans remember his 2009 start. He ended up giving up 7 homers the entire season, 5 of which came in April and May. People were talking about how he was done and they should replace him with Joba or Robertson. Once he got back in his zone that summer he was his usual self the rest of the way. 

4 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I believe that he was absolutely vindicated against one woman accusing him of violent sexual acts (the decision from a month ago). He has also faced accusations against at least three other women. As far as I know none of the other accusations have made it to court. Also as far as I know he has not denied the rough encounters took place, just that they were consensual. I have not committed these details to memory so I could be off, just my recollections.

Just my opinion but if someone I knew got off on rough sex leaving bruising and lacerations, even if consensual, I would think it was pretty damn skeevy. I don't know if I would call that person a scumbag but would certainly have a negative impression of him/her. 

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I believe that he was absolutely vindicated against one woman accusing him of violent sexual acts (the decision from a month ago). He has also faced accusations against at least three other women. As far as I know none of the other accusations have made it to court. Also as far as I know he has not denied the rough encounters took place, just that they were consensual. I have not committed these details to memory so I could be off, just my recollections.

Just my opinion but if someone I knew got off on rough sex leaving bruising and lacerations, even if consensual, I would think it was pretty damn skeevy. I don't know if I would call that person a scumbag but would certainly have a negative impression of him/her. 

It was tough as a Dodger fan.  Paying a dude millions who was sketchy but not guilty.   We sure as hell could’ve used his arm this year, losing 4 out of our 5 starters.

10 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Ah I didn't realize there were 3 others that accused him. From what I could read on the web, they all claimed "rough sex" went too far, and he  beat them up in the process. None of them filed charges at the time of the incidents, so there weren't any criminal trials, no convictions. Kind of tough for an MLB team to overlook all that though (we know the NBA and NFL wouldn't care), but it might happen if a team is desperate enough and willing to deal with the potential protests. He has pitched pretty well in Japan, and would have a contract this off-season if he weren't radioactive. 

11 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Not to make light of the Bauer accusations because fuck that guy. He’s likely committed at least one sexual assault.

That said, you shouldn’t kink shame